Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-27-2006, 12:47 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuJi
Hey, I want to buy some pixels in your signature.

Wanna explain what server $ do u take?
Wait, good that you mention it. I was only taking G2k1 gralat, but now that G2k1 is pretty much inactive, I suppose I will not be renting pixels for a while
Old 05-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
New bugs found on Graal4 for linux
- Video card out of date and cannot do direct rendering error (falsely pops up)
- Text is still garbled or displays poorly because you cannot set fontsize or type
- Still no hotkeys for playerlist like windows versions
- no options for disabling lights or weather

Anyways enough of that, about this Video card, the drivers are indeed installed and the game runs just fine without any slowdown/slowness that your warning thinks will occur.
glxinfo states this on the first three lines
name of display: :0.0
display: :0 screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes

About the Text, do you know how hard it is to read text that is 1 or 2 pixels in width? It's also rather annoying because right now I have no idea what that number actually says.

Hotkey, yes I could probably live without, but hey where is such options?? I have a wireless mouse that loves to die on me at extremely random times.

Lights, well in Linux I personally don have much reason at all for these options but if I think a little. I'm pretty sure I have some older video cards that could play graal, and play graal even better without lights and excess rubish to load up, even on linux.

** I have good news, the emoticons do actually work.. And no, I didn't save a bunch of money on car insurance.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
That's weird, Graal does the check almost exactly like glxinfo.
The text display will be improved with the next version, it will support true type fonts.
Hotkeys for what?
Old 05-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Tįri o Taurė
All key functions to select another player, to send a message or any such feature is just not there. Example would be like opening the playerlist and not being able to use your keyboard to do anything like replying or send new messages.

**More about the playerlist
- Players from other servers appear on my budylist from other servers (cannot control)
- blue messages appear yellow on the tab for local messages

RC ?
./rc: error while loading shared libraries: libgtksourceview-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Last edited by ReBorn_Spirit; 05-06-2006 at 02:56 AM..
Old 05-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit
- blue messages appear yellow on the tab for local messages
All PMs show as yellow on the tab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit
RC ?
./rc: error while loading shared libraries: libgtksourceview-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Sounds like you need to install libgtksourceview. The Linux RC should have a way to work without gtksourceview, since many people have this problem.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld
Sounds like you need to install libgtksourceview. The Linux RC should have a way to work without gtksourceview, since many people have this problem.
There is the compatiblity version for Linux as well (on the update tab), which is only using Gtk 2.0 and should work almost always.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:43 AM
British Guy
pacMASTA has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to pacMASTA Send a message via MSN to pacMASTA
I got a weird issue on all of Linuyx ever since ive downloaded Graal for linux all my fonts dont work only default font. Oh i figured it out its a Suse Linux 10 and a ATI Driver issue I talked to both tech and they said 10.1 stable and the latest Driver form ATI should fix my issues

Last edited by pacMASTA; 05-07-2006 at 01:03 AM..
Old 05-08-2006, 06:11 AM
Tįri o Taurė
You do know that you can program without GTK right?? It causes alot of problems for many users. Its really easy to mess up a linux install when you start playing with GTK and video settings. And to tell you the absolute truth, I'd rather get a WINE and run the windows version of RC on linux, mainly because I want the old version of RC, the new one is lame.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Graal Administration
What kind of problems with GTK? It is pre-installed on all big Linux distributions, if you don't have GTK 2.8 then use the compatibility version.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Tįri o Taurė
Most Linux distro "DO" come with GTK, or so it was said. Some of them come with old GTK packages and are hard to update. Like that silly Mandriva. I actually use Fedora Core 5 and it has GTK that I can actually use on graal. Then again your Linux version of graal4 doesnt detect the direct rendering properly but its there. But with FC5 you have to install a different or "non standard" driver that works just fine.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Gold / VIP Member
bloodpet is on a distinguished road
Bug with G4 (Linux)

When I open the playerlist (F7) and click on either Guilds or Global tabs they are categorized with |> buttons. When I click them it shows both new and old directions. V and |> over each other.

I am using Suse 10.1 and xgl is turned off.

Also after a pm is received it still shows up in the F8 window using a gold/vip account. Classic accounts don't hey the new gui yet.

Last edited by bloodpet; 09-04-2006 at 09:21 PM..
Old 09-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Graal Administration
Ok updated the scripted playerlist to clear the category icons before updating them.
With pm you mean pms on the login server?
Old 09-07-2006, 05:44 AM
Awesome
Zickle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Zickle Send a message via AIM to Zickle Send a message via MSN to Zickle Send a message via Yahoo to Zickle
I'm running Ubuntu Linux 64bit and I get the same error posted on her earlier.
PHP Code:
# Your copy of glibc, a core system library, is too old for this package.

# You need at least the following symbols in glibc: GLIBC_2.0.

# This error normally means that whoever built the package did not build it correctly. 

# Please report the contents of this message to the provider of this package, and 

# ask them to rebuild it using apbuild.

# Upgrading glibc is highly dangerous, so we recommend in this situation that you 

# compile the app you want to install from the sources if possible. Sorry :( 
How do I fix it? I've installed the updates for Ubuntu.

-- Thanks.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Gold / VIP Member
bloodpet is on a distinguished road
Yes the login (f8) playerlist.

Updated the script? You mean you can control lthat without an update?

Edit:
Stefan, did you change anything in the play or play2 commands? I had a radio I scripted it's on N-pulse and N-Pulse Dev altho the dev server has the gs2 remake. It seemed to crash clients. It doesn't do that anymore but sometimes randomly I graal closes without warning even when not listening to the radio. Not sure why or how to reproduce its completly random for me, usualy when I am doing other things on my computer.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpet
Yes the login (f8) playerlist.

Updated the script? You mean you can control lthat without an update?
The serverlist, Linux/Mac playerlist and other things are normal scripts which are added on the login server; you can edit them without changing the client itself and any changes you make reflect immediately to people on the login server.