Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Graal Advertising.

This may sound quite silly, but, am I legally allowed to advertise GraalOnline via my YouTube channel and videos and, if so, would you mind me doing that Stefan? Every little helps right?
Old 05-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
I believe you are allowed to "advertise" Graal as long as you don't advertise it as something bad, spread rumors.

Here's an example, by Tig:
Old 05-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Oh ok. That's a good video. Shame it's not one of my music tracks. Lol joke it's a good video tig nice work mate.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
On a similar note to this, I just got one of those (likely bog standard, anyone else receive this recently?) emails of:
Quote:
Dear ClassicGraal,

Your YouTube account ClassicGraal might be eligible to earn revenue from the playbacks of your videos.
It does pose an interesting question as technically you would need permission from Graal's management to do this. I think the same would also apply to paying to advertise your Graal server via YouTube, which is something I wouldn't mind trying some day for whatever little it may or may not be worth.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:12 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
i dont see why not...

people stream themselves playing games all the time on justin.tv and they make money from the ads inbetween. then again this is CJ we're talking about so who knows...>_>
Old 10-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Dear ClassicGraal,

Congratulations, you can now earn money from your YouTube videos!
So if Stefan/Unixmad provided permission monetized advertisements are something I could enable if I wanted to (whether those videos would pass review I have no idea).

I imagine that if Graal's playercount was to multiply into multiple thousands Graal via YouTube rentals could do a "pay a tiny sum of money to see a preview of the next big update on <insert server name> 1/2/3 weeks before everyone else". Wouldn't be worth anything significant but perhaps such generated proceeds could go to developers as a tiny incentive for working on the update.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:27 AM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
I believe you are allowed to "advertise" Graal as long as you don't advertise it as something bad, spread rumors.

Here's an example, by Tig:

oh the irony

Zenkou for life
Old 10-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I don't see how they could possibly stop you unless you claim to represent GraalOnline's management