Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2010, 05:47 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
I don't disagree, but that still doesn't really answer my question regarding the 'why' factor... what are some practical purposes for having them on a live server (other than selective conveniences)? The fact that an item in this case can be rendered relatively harmless does not necessarily justify its existence and subsequent usage. That's all I'm saying.
Why are they useful on an UC server and not a live server? ET's, for example, use them for monitoring events. On Classic, CTF's and such spanned multiple levels. It's easier for an ET to stay out of the way(on a tree), and to quickly navigate around to see what's going on. I mean... any instance is useful on a live server just as much as it is an UC server. Live servers get worked on(ya I know it's hard not to laugh at), too.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:54 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Why are they useful on an UC server and not a live server? ET's, for example, use them for monitoring events. On Classic, CTF's and such spanned multiple levels. It's easier for an ET to stay out of the way(on a tree), and to quickly navigate around to see what's going on. I mean... any instance is useful on a live server just as much as it is an UC server. Live servers get worked on(ya I know it's hard not to laugh at), too.
Two things:

- I agree and your particular example is one of the reasons why I personally allow staff boots (though I can still think of other non-boot tools that could be used instead).

- I only distinguish between live/dev solely out of ideology. The reality of course is that it doesn't matter if average players have the ability to access either.

Just wanted to play devil's advocate a bit, in any regard. Thanks for the discussion.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:36 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
seriously if you are honestly crying so hard about staff walking on some walls, you have some serious priority issues in your life.

no one cares.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-22-2010, 09:04 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
ya just imagine your dreaming

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 03-22-2010, 09:38 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
seriously if you are honestly crying so hard about staff walking on some walls, you have some serious priority issues in your life.

no one cares.
Do you think I'm really crying hard or whining about it? I'm just so curious on the point of having them for non-dev staff pretty much.

Thanks for the advice though.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:03 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
the real question is "What's the point in FAQ's!"
Old 03-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
the real question is "What's the point in FAQ's!"
Right on.

If you design your server well then FAQs are totally unnecessary.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:27 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Right on.

If you design your server well then FAQs are totally unnecessary.
If that'd be the case, the FAQ position wouldn't be necessary anymore. But there will always be a need for a small team of maybe one to three people solving all kinds of issues the devs shouldn't handle in the first place anyway. GPs usually do that though.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
Do you think I'm really crying hard or whining about it? I'm just so curious on the point of having them for non-dev staff pretty much.

Thanks for the advice though.
Non-dev graal staff only get 'paid' with power and popularity for their volunteer work.
Other than that, unless you get a boner from helping people as a FAQ or controlling the masses as a GP, what is the point to even apply for these positions? To get a shiny staff tag and some toys. Unless a system is worked out either on a local or global scale to pay players for their contributions as staff in some other method besides this, it isn't going to change.

Edit: Anyone that says they apply for FAQ or GP to help the players is full of ****.

~DC
Old 03-22-2010, 11:42 PM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
I agree all staff should have reset ban it would definitely mean incompetents like all of UN and era would not be hired
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 03-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorollychu View Post
I agree all staff should have reset ban it would definitely mean incompetents like all of UN and era would not be hired
I agree that you should stop posting on the forums.

~DC
Old 03-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Era awards ECs to FAQs, ETs, PRs, and GPs for being on tag...but it's barely anything.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:10 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
I made like 10 or more probably ecs off of being an et on era lol. Though 7 hours to get 1 ec is hardly an award, but whatever