Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Tesla coils
Rail guns
Freeze rays
Shrink Gun...Back off!
Etc etc.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 07-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Well, the quest is somehwhat harder, the 4th and 5th rooms are the same. Just run around and kill doors.
Boss is more boss like I guess he doesn't just sit there and die. lol
Old 07-12-2012, 04:57 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Guys calm down about the quest. Its not meant to be redone for hours on end...
But since players like them, there will be more of them.

The prizes are set and will not be changed. This is not meant to be the focus of the server
Old 07-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezed View Post
I think he means nitros (crash bandicoot 1!), bottled potions, BB's 23dmg .15 freeze gun that the boss uses.
He uses a 15dmg "freeze" gun.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Guys calm down about the quest. Its not meant to be redone for hours on end...
But since players like them, there will be more of them.

The prizes are set and will not be changed. This is not meant to be the focus of the server
Well you're no fun

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 07-13-2012, 01:48 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
Well you're no fun
Thats why I spent countless hours creating this quest with Frankie? Please.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:14 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Thats why I wasted countless hours creating this quest with Frankie? Please.

You made it a tiny bit harder, so me and seth do it together now and use an occasional healing crate. Still the same shitty/useless rewards and unnecessarily long wait time between quests for such rewards.

If you're going to 'waste' countless hours; perhaps it can be more than 5 levels, have working NPCs, present a decent storyline, be worth running more than once, bring some challenge, improve the server, or even make sense? This madass scientist made sure to build himself an escape elevator... the only feature in the room he likes to hang out in, yet doesn't think to utilize it himself.

Tsk.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:20 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Obviously it's invisible to him, can you not see he walks through it?
Old 07-13-2012, 03:50 AM
// Programmer
Breezed has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post

You made it a tiny bit harder, so me and seth do it together now and use an occasional healing crate. Still the same shitty/useless rewards and unnecessarily long wait time between quests for such rewards.

If you're going to 'waste' countless hours; perhaps it can be more than 5 levels, have working NPCs, present a decent storyline, be worth running more than once, bring some challenge, improve the server, or even make sense? This madass scientist made sure to build himself an escape elevator... the only feature in the room he likes to hang out in, yet doesn't think to utilize it himself.

Tsk.
Cut him some slack.

To put it short and sweet, there isn't enough motivation to complete after the first time.
The time limit between completions is what is ruins any motivation to get these animal fme's, that have an ever so slim chance of being rewarded with on completion.
I have completed this goddamn quest 7 times, still no animal fme's.
Why bother doing it a 8'th time, if I know that it will just end up in me not getting one, and then having to wait another torturous 6 hours to try again?

The simple way to fix this is to either remove the between-completion time limit all-together. Even make the item's from the item crate rarer, I don't care.
This is comparable to the zodiac admins suddenly making it so you can only do all the farming dungeons once every 6 hours, and then having them all drop Nightblade's Manawoven of Aero (completely worthless-comparable to the supplies we get from the crates).

Last edited by Breezed; 07-13-2012 at 04:18 AM..
Old 07-13-2012, 03:51 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
Or.....Just do it or don't do it. Pretty simple. You don't HAVE to instantaneously have every item as soon as it's obtainable.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:08 AM
// Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Or.....Just do it or don't do it. Pretty simple. You don't HAVE to instantaneously have every item as soon as it's obtainable.
Look, I'm not saying I want the item as soon as it comes out, I'm saying that it's dumb how if we are forced to wait to have another go at getting it.
I wouldn't give two shits if I had to play this quest for 6 hours straight, as long as I was gaurenteed this item after a certain number of tries. But it isn't, because era is trying to be zodiac with two items. There's no point in trying over and over for two cosmetic items. If these two fabled items actually had an effect on gameplay, I would gladly farm over and over again every 6 hours without a question.

The problem is that the item crate gives out free ammo, and free healing items.
If they made the quest have no cooldown, all of era's businesses would be useless.
Why bother going to the store, when you can just spend 30 minutes doing a quest a few times, and get max ammo for almost every gun free? /sarcasm
Need cookies? Don't waste your EC, do this quest! /sarcasm

The simple way to fix this problem is reduce the rate at which these free items can be obtained from the quest, so the 6 hour limit can be removed. Only reason it's there is so businesses don't lose business.

Last edited by Breezed; 07-13-2012 at 04:18 AM..
Old 07-13-2012, 05:29 AM
JinChill
mattdapimp has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to mattdapimp
Is there a certain group of items/rewards from this quest? If so, what are they?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:19 AM
// Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdapimp View Post
Is there a certain group of items/rewards from this quest? If so, what are they?
The first time you do it, you're rewarded with the Police Cap (Dark Blue w/ Silver trim hat) and Syringe (14dmg meele, drugs, slows, and bleeds people).
The second time you do it and so on, you get an item crate, which rewards you w/ a bunch of ammo/healing items, or if you're extremely lucky, a follow me (fme) penguin or ferret.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:13 PM
asdfg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post

Tsk.

The NPCs do work, the story line is great (maybe if you took the time to read it), worth running more then once? You get an item crate. Challenge? Players have a hard time finishing it.

Don't like it, don't play it. Simple as that.

And Breezed, just stop commenting. Like shrimps said, you don't need to have every new item when it is released. If that's your only motivation, sorry but this quest was not intended for that.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:22 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The NPCs do work, the story line is great (maybe if you took the time to read it), worth running more then once? You get an item crate. Challenge? Players have a hard time finishing it.

Don't like it, don't play it. Simple as that.

And Breezed, just stop commenting. Like shrimps said, you don't need to have every new item when it is released. If that's your only motivation, sorry but this quest was not intended for that.
Storyline? NPCs re-spawn so fast I can't even read 3/4 of the NPCs. Why do they even re-spawn to begin with?

supaman you gotta carry me through btw :]]