Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-18-2010, 02:08 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Stefan, should UC servers develop for v6 or v5?

I had this problem when working on my own server. I wanted to add a lot of features that would only work properly with the newer versions of Graal that aren't released. But the problem with that is if you expect your server to be playable any time soon, you might not be able to release it if scripts and other things are only going to work in v6.

So Stefan, what is your suggestion? Is v6 going to be released soon enough so that UC servers may be able to take advantage of its new features?
Old 06-18-2010, 02:31 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I had this problem when working on my own server. I wanted to add a lot of features that would only work properly with the newer versions of Graal that aren't released. But the problem with that is if you expect your server to be playable any time soon, you might not be able to release it if scripts and other things are only going to work in v6.

So Stefan, what is your suggestion? Is v6 going to be released soon enough so that UC servers may be able to take advantage of its new features?
I had this problem too, but then there were plenty of common features which worked in V5 but not V6, so I'd guess it's a little too soon to be worrying about it.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:05 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I've been using V6 as my main client for quite some time now and haven't really had to do anything that different except adjust font sizes and styling so the change from V5 to V6 doesn't seem that dramatic interface-wise.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:27 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I've been using V6 as my main client for quite some time now and haven't really had to do anything that different except adjust font sizes and styling so the change from V5 to V6 doesn't seem that dramatic interface-wise.
There are quite a few things v6 can do that v5 can't. For example, drawing panels are greatly expanded, with filters and polygon drawing and such. I guess it depends on how creative you get with the newer features. I guess it always depends on how reliant your scripts/server become on the new v6 bugfixes.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:47 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
There are quite a few things v6 can do that v5 can't. For example, drawing panels are greatly expanded, with filters and polygon drawing and such. I guess it depends on how creative you get with the newer features. I guess it always depends on how reliant your scripts/server become on the new v6 bugfixes.
Another feature is clientside callstack access, which allows one to implement closures fairly well. With closures I can nearly overhaul how I code almost everything I do, in a totally different style.