Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-01-2010, 11:48 PM
JinChill is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to JinChill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
And if your friend got king? Would look something similar like: "HIA GAIS I RNEW ASST CO KING MY FRIND BOT IT WIT HIS ITEMZ KTHX"
I'm not getting Co-King. I'm going to work my way up in the Kingdom like anyone else would. Understand?
Old 10-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
It's interesting that you're posting this, considering neither of you log on GK much at all. However, I'll entertain you for a second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinChill View Post
If you played GK, you'd know there is only 1 Dustari member who is active. And i see how that will work. "HIA GAIS I R NEW KING KTHX"
You're both right, I don't play GK and I haven't logged on for months. I used to play GK quite a bit though, and despite all it's flaws it's the most playable server out there at the moment in my opinion. I guess being a former player doesn't hold any value in your eyes, but I know quite a lot about the server.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-01-2010, 11:52 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
You're both right, I don't play GK and I haven't logged on for months. I used to play GK quite a bit though, and despite all it's flaws it's the most playable server out there at the moment in my opinion. I guess being a former player doesn't hold any value in your eyes, but I know quite a lot about the server.
Being a former player is great and all, but when you come and weigh-in on our current events, people expect you to be updated on them at the very least.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 10-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Being a former player is great and all, but when you come an weigh-in on our current events, people expect you to be updated on them at the very least.
All I said was that I find the method stupid, there's gotta be a better way to go about it - like Crono's idea. I mean, he's right - you're just treating it like a big money sink, or at least that's what it looks like.

EDIT: And if this wasn't stopping me, who knows, I might log on more frequently together with all the other 64-bit Windows 7 users having the same problem.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
Quote:
. I'm going to work my way up in the Kingdom like anyone else would.
Does this not include the guy bidding 8ish high-scale items for the kingdom, with his 77 hours of gameplay. Maybe he has another account? Maybe he bought the items with another form of currency? Idk. Its shady.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:54 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
Does this not include the guy bidding 8ish high-scale items for the kingdom, with his 77 hours of gameplay. Maybe he has another account? Maybe he bought the items with another form of currency? Idk. Its shady.
I'm sure if someone has the items to win a bid for a kingdom, they would have enough knowledge about GK to lead a kingdom better than the former leader, regardless of how many hours their specific account has.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
I'm sure if someone has the items to win a bid for a kingdom, they would have enough knowledge about GK to lead a kingdom better than the former leader.
Or they just got them from a friend who quit the game, seen it happen quite often. And check my last spot, I snuck an edit into it.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 PM
The Cat
Quote:
Or they just got them from a friend who quit the game, seen it happen quite often.
Hypothetical: Someone receives several free items from their quitting friend. They bid them all to lead Dustari. To me, this shows more ambition and dedication to Dustari than the former leader ever has, who did absolutely nothing for the kingdom and scarified nothing to receive it.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
Quote:
I'm sure if someone has the items to win a bid for a kingdom, they would have enough knowledge about GK to lead a kingdom better than the former leader, regardless of how many hours their specific account has.
No offense, but the knowledge to gain items however he gained the items, doesn't mean he knows a thing about a kingdom, how to run it, or do anything with the commands that come with it. The role in general. He has no path? No idea of where to take it. This is all just my opinion though.

What happened to the leader, or Manager of GK (you) posting asking people why 'they' think they should run the kingdom, what they plan to do, and what their overall goal may be? That's how most of it used to happen. I just am against this whole item bidding thing. Not only cause I'm not even considered in said race, but because I don't want to see the one kingdom I enjoy being in get handed to some complete stranger who knows nothing of Dustari. I can say this because has he shown any loyalty to any kingdom or anything in the game? He has 77 hours and a boat load of items out of no where. I don't know. Go with what you find best.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Hypothetical: Someone receives several free items from their quitting friend. They bid them all to lead Dustari. To me, this shows more ambition and dedication to Dustari than the former leader did, who did absolutely nothing for the kingdom and scarified nothing to receive it.
I'm not going to argue against that, because you're right - but don't you find it the slightest disrespectful towards the current Kingdom member(s) that are even a little bit active? (my careful examination of this thread tells me there's at least one) Or to what the server used to be? I mean GK was the biggest non-Valikorlia RP server out there to this date, and it should be encouraged to the newer GK players who doesn't seem to care about anything other than running around killing people.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Quote:
I'm not going to argue against that, because you're right - but don't you find it the slightest disrespectful towards the current Kingdom member(s) that are even a little bit active? (my careful examination of this thread tells me there's at least one) Or to what the server used to be? I mean GK was the biggest non-Valikorlia RP server out there to this date, and it should be encouraged to the newer GK players who doesn't seem to care about anything other than running around killing people.
The current members can always of course stay. IF they don't like it, they can leave. Lelantos knows what he's doing and I'm sure will make a great king. If no one likes that, then outbid him. Simple as that.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Oh great i can discuss this now.

Why this is a bad idea:

- It doesn't solve the root problem and cause of this whole controversial thing. There is absolutely no guarantee that the new King will ever attract the members needed to avoid this sort of problem. The other Kingdoms are fairly sturdy and from what i know of my current Kingdom, no one is likely to flock to an unstable, disgraced (that is what this is doing) Kingdom.

- It leaves a wide stain on a proud Kingdoms history. Forests temporary removal wasn't that damaging at all, anyone with sense would know why it had to go, and anyone with sense now would know that Dustari might also need to go.

- Past, present and current members of Dustari are clearly not in favor of this. This ignores the wishes of the Kingdom completely, how can that be ignored?

Why this is a good idea:

- Potentially, more items would be redistributed into the economy, providing that offers are legitimate.

- It's arguably better than doing nothing
Old 10-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
The current members can always of course stay. IF they don't like it, they can leave. Lelantos knows what he's doing and I'm sure will make a great king. If no one likes that, then outbid him. Simple as that.
You're missing the arguments point.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:12 AM
If you don't play GK, please excuse yourself from this discussion. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
If you don't play GK, please excuse yourself from this discussion. Thanks.
I bet I've played GK a lot more than you have, and if that's the only thing you can come up with, it doesn't look like you have a very strong case -- seems like you're only digging it because of your friend currently leading the bid with a rather insane first bid.