Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
The people asked for clientside. They got a clientside HD. I don't know exactly what they were expecting. Maybe they didn't realize there would be a 'no-hit' issue with it. If thats the case, the people are stupid for uninformed voting. Maybe I'm wrong in the case that not all clientside HDs have this problem.
You are wrong. Not all clientside HD has this problem.
Quote:
I don't know enough about HDs to know that. What I do know is that IF the people knew about the 'no-hit' issue and voted for it anyways, they should NOT be *****ing about it.
Probably people who are unaware of how this stuff works, which is sounding like you. Their votes are pretty much null because they vote just to vote and want to be 'happy' with it just because it is released.

Quote:
IF the classic players wanted a new movement system and the dude made one, they should be happy that he DID make a new movement system. If the system sucks ass, then yes they can be mad at the system. But don't be mad at the dev for giving them something they wanted. Be mad that the movement system didn't work like it was advertised to.
You're confused. No one is mad, they just don't like the HD. I can't speak for everyone, of course, but like I have said many, many times, people acknowledge that Thor worked hard on the HD. That doesn't excuse the fact it's bad, though.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:24 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I never once asked for Clientside. I asked for the default hit detection, or something that emulated it exactly. We have yet to get this.

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong in the case that not all clientside HDs have this problem.
A properly scripted one would not. Thor and Hell Raven have told me that there is ways to create a fully functional system, but are able to create one because of certain limitations which weren't fully explained to me.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:58 PM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
the limitations are obviously in their coding skills maximus
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 03-01-2009, 01:04 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Ok then. If people asked for a clientside that works and got one that has a flaw that other clientsides don't, then they have a right to be pissed.

I don't know enough about HDs to know how "no-hit" flaw might be in one clientside and not in another.

But all I know is if people knew there was a flaw, asked for it anyways, then complained about it, they have no right to complain.

Apparently this is not the case so my bad.