Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 10:55 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
I'm glad you're on topic, Rufus.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:45 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I have to say that this isn't really needed. I'm not going to get into all of UN's apparent problems with cracking down on mass messages, but if people are sending masses that are bad enough to warrant punishment, then they can just be jailed or banned. Staff shouldn't have to go easy on people by stepping them through small punishments like this.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:15 AM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Just put the annoying people on ignore. You're all going soft, the lot of you.

Last edited by pooper200000; 08-18-2009 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: Evading swear filter.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:47 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
If someone is massing something they shouldn't be they'd be jailed anyway. Muting players for being annoying is kind of lame, ignore function was created for a reason.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:45 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Personally I'd mute repeat offenders.

Jail/Banning is so out of style, new forms of punishment are in!

I.e: On Zodiac I have a flag I can set so the person can't pickup/trade/buy/sell items.

Typically I'd use this on someone expecting to be jailed/banned, but instead doing something that might have a chance of actually impacting them.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:47 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
So if you massed something that broke the rules, you'd rather be jailed(where you can't mass anyways), than just have your ability to mass taken away for a few hours while you can still play and such?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:35 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
So if you massed something that broke the rules, you'd rather be jailed(where you can't mass anyways), than just have your ability to mass taken away for a few hours while you can still play and such?
right?

you guys are looking at this on the wrong perspective, of "well i wouldn't be the type to do such a thing so it won't affect me in the least"
Old 08-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Disabling Mass Messages could not only be used to do that.

Perhaps an RPG server wants the people to just communicate on Player?

Or Era... I could see Era people only using the Mall and Guild Chat/Phones etc.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, lets take away the only thing to do on Graal just to stick it to a few players.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in jail on UN for massing Jew. Jew by itself should not be offensive to anybody. It is an alternative to Jewish.

Rather you disable my ability to mass than jail me in the middle of a spar. Makes me look dishonorable.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
Yeah, lets take away the only thing to do on Graal just to stick it to a few players.
Maybe it's the only thing you do on Graal, please talk about yourself.

When I used to play Era I raided/earned money and tons of other stuff and I think being able to disable mass messages would bring new server ideas.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:18 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
the only ones who would be affected by this are idiots who provoke it; it's not like the entire server will have mass messages off because of a couple people
Old 08-22-2009, 12:11 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
IDK about this. It's just another tool for staff to abuse

Last edited by pooper200000; 08-22-2009 at 12:25 AM.. Reason: Discussion of bans.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
I agree to this suggestion.
Why?

Mass Messages are mostly spam. Either they should be removed, but I think an even better idea would be to improve the graal-irc system to become a better equivalent.
There could be staffs moderating the channel, maybe it could even have scripted features like colors, nifty plugins so that people won't even need mass messages anymore.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:57 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
Mass Messages are mostly spam. Either they should be removed, but I think an even better idea would be to improve the graal-irc system to become a better equivalent.
Maybe for some servers, but they're pretty central to Valikorlia's community.