Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
bring back alt+8 alt+9 zoom

Why was it removed? It was a cool feature.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:24 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
maybe they removed all of the alt+ commands because i remember that one such command copied the level to your graal folder, except for the scripts, and it made it painfully easy for people to steal others levels

i don't see why they removed the zoom though. people used it for sparring a lot, because it helped with lag and made characters appear to move faster on their screens
Old 07-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
It disabled all light effects and also showimgs and stuff... I know it disabled light effects, so people abused it to bypass quests using them and all.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:13 PM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
bring it back
Old 07-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro
maybe they removed all of the alt+ commands because i remember that one such command copied the level to your graal folder, except for the scripts, and it made it painfully easy for people to steal others levels
Who cares? That kind of functionality is cool, and helps people out who have difficulties with things like cliffs and so forth, which are really taxing to do otherwise.

I'm not saying level stealing is good, but extracting stuff from those levels couldn't hurt.

I miss all the old alt+ stuff too. :]
Old 07-22-2009, 01:42 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Actually beyond saving levels, there was even a bug that involved actually uploading your levels online... very old bug though.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:58 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I remember using the alt code to download the level so I could cheat on one of n-pulses' quests because there was a hidden warp in the level.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:03 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys i heard all the alt commands like alt + 1 and alt + 2 were removed because they could be abused.

Oh wait no they weren't. I agree @ Shimmy.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
I remember using the alt code to download the level so I could cheat on one of n-pulses' quests because there was a hidden warp in the level.
Still, it's more useful to have that kind of functionality still built in.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:31 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Still, it's more useful to have that kind of functionality still built in.
If there is a server option to en-/disable it, maybe. There are countless of people who just don't want to have their levels stolen.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Instead of fixing the bugs it was just removed?

Sucks
Old 07-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
If there is a server option to en-/disable it, maybe. There are countless of people who just don't want to have their levels stolen.
We have PWA to check for that.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
We have PWA to check for that.
Though considering the extent of their other duties, things like this inevitably will not make it overly high-up on the priority list.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:29 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
Though considering the extent of their other duties, things like this inevitably will not make it overly high-up on the priority list.
makes me wonder, what is high-priority for the PWA?
Old 07-24-2009, 08:57 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Add a script in a level you dont want downloaded, or a txt of the levelnames. Quick, easy fix.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.