FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Trial System?

Hello Graalians!

I really think that the Old Trial system should come back, The most trial's won't like it but it is better..
In the old times you could play, and when you logged off you lost everything you did. Right now you can just log on and play the game while you don't lose anything, you can play every game. You just miss some features which ain't very important and the observer mode.

I am sure that Graal made alot more money with the old system, If i was a trial right now i would never buy Gold.. Why should i spend IRL Money on a game while you can just play it for free?

I think the old Trial system should come back.. This would be better for all of us, Graal would make more money.. And if we are lucky they can make the prices of gold lower because they make more and more money.

Comments?
Old 05-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
This System is far superior, from my sight and Graal earns way more.
If you just get a reset after logging off, you won't get to test 5% of all the stuff that Graal offers, making you probably think it sucks, probably making you quit before you get addicted to it.
Btw. why don't you stop subscribing :]?

Example:

You get your brand new M4 on Era after 3 weeks of Mining and are going to use it to kill all those BH newbs at their base. You join BB, because you've always liked to be a Bandit. And there it comes! It's your chance to show everyone your cool M4, the raid begins and you invade BH. Now BH enters to defend their base, Wil Soul runs in and shoots Concussion Grenades all over the place! How lame! You swear that you'll kill that guy and pull out your M4, ready to shoot... you aim at him and... OBSERVER MODE

Oh and I think this is in the wrong Forum anyway, it's more your opinion than a Feature Request.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Era Manager
Well maybe, They could still add a feature like you have 24 Hours free playtime and then you get reset everytime you log off so you can first test the servers out..
Old 05-23-2009, 06:42 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I totally agree. I got addicted on the old system. The resets were annoying, yes, but I continually logged on and kept playing. Others probably feel the same.

Observer mode is just a nuisance, and it would certainly make me not want to play the game anymore.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:47 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
It'd be nicer to see the Ghost mode returned instead of the Observer.

But a server that provides enough limitations for trials, should be able to get observer mode disabled so long as it's approved.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:53 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Ghost mode was stupid, it didn't even let players try out the game; it just let them see the game. There's no way you're going to get addicted to a game by floating around, looking at crappy images, and watching players kill eachother.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:55 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I meant instead of going into Observer mode where you have next to no control.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:56 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I meant instead of going into Observer mode where you have next to no control.
I don't really like the idea of players being kicked off the server and being allowed to watch us ... perhaps if chat was not shown or something. I don't like being spied on.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:58 PM
team canada
Ignoring the Ghost part.. I was mainly trying to get across the following:

A server that provides enough limitations for trials, should be able to get observer mode disabled so long as it's approved.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:26 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
It'd be nice to give trials a real reason to upgrade instead.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Era Manager
Well it used to be a real reason, If you don't you would never get rich or a good rank or whatever o.o
Old 05-23-2009, 08:43 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
Well it used to be a real reason, If you don't you would never get rich or a good rank or whatever o.o
I mean rather than further limiting them and trying to annoy them into upgrading, you could give them a reason to by providing more quality servers. They pulled it off for G2k1, GK was quite popular for a little while, but today there's nothing.

I'd say that if the Classic servers were of better quality then we could use the old trial system. However now, you can't really pull it off.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Trials need to experience Graal.
This "new system" is pretty awful.
I mean really, most of us are oldbies. When I started playing Graal, there was nop2p.
We got to think outside the box, trials get disconnected every single 15minutes. It's pretty annyoing, I don't think many newbies would upgrade their account. They don't get to experience the game. Graal is not good enough to pay for.

My idea is;
Let them in!
Get rid of the gold/p2p thing.
This would bring a lot of people back to Graal, oldbies AND a lot more new players.
Where would Stefan get his money? From people starting their own server!
Think of it! The more players Graal have, more people will start their own server/make new content.
I really think that they wont lose or gain more money than they do now.
This whole game depend on players creating the content.

I don't know how much % money Graal gets from people upgrading their p2p, but if it's a lot.
I still think that it's worth the cost.
We can't keep doing like this, we need to start care for the new players.
Litteraly 100 players disappeared on Unholy Nation when the new p2p/gold system started. I remember before, there were lots, LOTS of trials on UN. Nowadays, they're pretty much rare.
Graal is losing players, we cannot deny it! We got to start doing something!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
That sounds great, however I would love to see the graal#### and pcid numbers gone, back in the old days when you just made an account and got to choose your name was way better.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
That sounds great, however I would love to see the graal#### and pcid numbers gone, back in the old days when you just made an account and got to choose your name was way better.
Yeah, or they could make it so that people can "upgrade their accountname"
Pay like 3$ and then the player would get to choose his/her name.