Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 04:39 AM
(Developer)
DarkIceX is on a distinguished road
So guys.....

When are you going to you going to find a way to turn this around and stop killing your creation? By you I mean Graal's administration.

Check this out:

Bye (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
Elk

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, goodbye (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4)
Deophite18

Hopping on the bandwagon (Multi-page thread 1 2)
Imperialistic

What a long strange trip it's been. (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
Door

Hey look! You're not just losing the nobodies anymore. (Sorry if I didn't put your name there, it doesn't mean you're a nobody. I just picked a few people I recognized.) You're losing people who have made a difference on Graal, (whether through developing, or by giving it a community that's more diverse and fun to be around,) and who have pushed through and tried to do some good with what we have. Unfortunately, if you're unwilling to advertise, bring in players, fix prices, whatever the hell you need to do to get the players back that you had, even 1 year ago, then this is gonna keep happening and soon all you'll have is a community of 10 year olds playing on their iPods and iPhones who will not contribute anything to Graal in the long run.

There've been multiple topics/posts made and I'm sure people have PMed you and emailed you and whatever else trying to help you figure out ways to bring the playerbase back up but it looks like you'd much rather ignore us (or them, considering I've been inactive.) Hell if you even put 2-3 signs in highly populated areas on iPhone Classic you'd probably see the playercount rising drastically on PC, considering there's like 1000+ on Classic iPhone most of the time.

I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just hoping that one morning you'll wake up and read this and realize you're doing it wrong.

P.S. For anyone who knows me and cares about why I haven't been on Graal in 6 months, this is why. There's no point volunteering to develop a game that has 150 players and a declining playerbase.

Edit: Directly from a review about Classic iPhone: "Chances are you've never heard of or played Graal. If you have, then might have heard of the PC MMO Graal Classic, which is no longer running." - I have a funny feeling a little advertising could fix this problem of Graal "no longer running".

Bloodvayne
Old 05-16-2010, 05:01 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
All four of them have quit multiple times, and I've seen 3/4 of them online this week. This is nothing new, and they're terrible examples.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:05 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Deophite went into the army, he didn't leave because he dislikes an aspect of the game. In fact Door didn't leave Graal, and I'm pretty sure Imperialistic is still lingering like a bad smell. Perhaps you should read the context of their threads before you hide behind other people's names to push your own opinions forward.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:26 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
How does advertising fix the willingness to volunteer?

Shouldn't efforts be placed to retain the new trials that do log on?

There's no point advertising Graal in it's current state, the gold servers are in desperate need of help and are currently the ones that have the most advertising. Playerworlds are aware of their issues and should be handling them accordingly.

Stefan's already made posts about wanting to change up the pricing model with V6, creating a "movement" thread and insulting them isn't going to make it happen any faster.

Nobody likes the fact that administrative change is a waiting game around here but being dramatic about it and starting unneeded drama doesn't help anybody.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:27 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
@fowlplay, finally someone who posts what i have in mind
Old 05-16-2010, 05:48 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quick fix: hide the playercount!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:59 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
The website advertises 1000s of players. Add some more zeroes.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
The website advertises 1000s of players. Add some more zeroes.
what do you expect them to say? 10's of players? who would that attract
Old 05-16-2010, 06:28 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Man, imagine how cool you'd be with the indie crowd.

"I play an MMO with twelve other people"

"a part of 12? that's kinda bi-"

"no, I mean only 12 people play"
Old 05-16-2010, 07:05 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
All four of them have quit multiple times, and I've seen 3/4 of them online this week. This is nothing new, and they're terrible examples.
To be fair, Door quit the forums, not Graal.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:10 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
See!
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1273990201.png
Views:	851
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	51065

This way, you're not lying!
Old 05-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
See!
Attachment 51065

This way, you're not lying!
You should protect your account.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:46 PM
(Developer)
DarkIceX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus
Deophite went into the army, he didn't leave because he dislikes an aspect of the game. In fact Door didn't leave Graal, and I'm pretty sure Imperialistic is still lingering like a bad smell. Perhaps you should read the context of their threads before you hide behind other people's names to push your own opinions forward.
I'm not hiding behind any names, I'm going completely by what I see in the Hello and Goodbye forums which is a bunch of people quitting. Whether they actually did or not is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4
How does advertising fix the willingness to volunteer?

Shouldn't efforts be placed to retain the new trials that do log on?

There's no point advertising Graal in it's current state, the gold servers are in desperate need of help and are currently the ones that have the most advertising. Playerworlds are aware of their issues and should be handling them accordingly.

Stefan's already made posts about wanting to change up the pricing model with V6, creating a "movement" thread and insulting them isn't going to make it happen any faster.

Nobody likes the fact that administrative change is a waiting game around here but being dramatic about it and starting unneeded drama doesn't help anybody.
I'm not insulting anybody, as I stated in my original post, I'm just posting my opinion. That's what this forum is for, is it not?

Also, advertising alone will not help willingness to volunteer but it will bring in more potential Developers who may or may not be willing to volunteer when they see the potential of the game. I don't know why it can't be advertised in this state, we have Zodiac, Era and Unholy Nation, all good servers in their respective styles of play but all suffering because they don't have enough players to make it diverse and worth spending a lot of time on. Of course the gold servers need to be refurbished and fixed up but that's nothing that can't be done.

I don't really care if you agree with my opinion or not, especially since I haven't been on in a long while, but at a first glance that I took yesterday that is what I saw and if Graal is interested at all in retaining or getting more players then that first impression is just as important as what the player sees if they actually sign up for a trial, if not more important. If I have played Graal for years and come back after a break with a bad first impression that sparked me to create this thread, then what do you think someone who has never heard of the game is going to think?... Something along the lines of "lol" probably.

Edit: I'm willing to volunteer, as I have been for years and help out whatever server needs help, but if its just going to be the sort of position where I do one project then nobody gives me anything to do and lets me idle for weeks until I get fired for "inactivity" then I'm not going to waste my time.

Bloodvayne