Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-18-2011, 08:30 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
For a new 3D server?

Blender - Free Open Source 3D Modeling and Animation program.
It has it's own game system as well if you'd like to make a game.

Since I am not hiring yet, and hardly finished creating any graphics for the server, I'm just going to post pictures on here.

The server will have 8 directions, and 3D graphics. A lot of what I am posting on here will need to be improved, some of it could just be a waste.

I will post the picture, and what they are/will be for. :]
Feel free to critique, this does not mean saying it sucks, or is good.
Give details why it sucks or is good, what could be fixed/changed, and how it could improve or why exactly you may like it.

First, if anyone does do and 3D type renderings as a picture, it seems best to have a background that is a like color, darker or lighter.. "You will be erasing it". I found making it transparent in the program doesn't look as good. Also, I usually multiply the picture by 10, because I think it looks better sizing it down rather then rendering the smaller image.

360x360px Bush

I chose the background to be ?olive green...

Same bush I'd use on Graal downsized.
32x32 - functions as a regular bush, I'd give it a chance to break.. basically in 2-4 whacks, once it is damaged it would be pickup-able. The bush would be a gani/image so it wouldn't matter that it is transparent and round.

32x32 slate rock for pathways, this would be on my tilesheet. Walkable...

32x32 slate rock for pathways, again on the tilesheet but I'd need grass under it.

I cropped the size from 320x320, this is just a huge rock that would be an image using setimg2.

I took a large grassy plain in hopes to take a 16x16 tile and have it as a module. I'm no M.C. Escher but I think eventually I will get it right.. lol

I know it's hard to compare all this without seeing people or buildings.. I don't even have much of the landscaping parts. >.>

-EDIT- 04/18/11 - Since I cannot double post I'll be sticking all my pictures here.

I think I will have to either make this in a 16x32 or 16x48 columns and the fence part 16x16 or 32x16 and link them like that on the tileset, or possibly make the bottoms of the fence 16x16, or 32x32 and have it use setimg2 so people can walk behind them.. but then I'd have to figure out how to have them linked.. I'm sure I will figure it out. That is it for today.
For now I think it looks semi-dull and needs to be lit up via lighting.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 04-18-2011 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: New picture.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
As a concept, it could work.
But I don't think you're the right person to do it, sorry.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:31 AM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
As a concept, it could work.
But I don't think you're the right person to do it, sorry.
Wasn't much of a critique, but I appreciate the opinion.

Working on a fence right now... kinda hard not knowing how the people will look.. I could turn off shade, which would give it the other guys effect.. But honestly I like them having a skin with shade.. I could make it lighter though..

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Your "tiles" don't work out in small in terms of composition and space arrangement

Old 04-18-2011, 12:12 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Your "tiles" don't work out in small in terms of composition and space arrangement
Not yet ^.^; I really need to find a specific camera angle I like too.. for things like houses and the fence.. I think the grass I might have to do pixel art for I can't see that coming out readily as a module.

However doing it all 3D, and my own ganis and systems should make it easier than me having to do what I call "graalifying" things..

Ugh.. I wish someone would tell me how to make the images smaller in the image tags :'[
Anyway, eventually it will all come together nicely..
>.> The bush needs roots though.. I'll probably just make bushes 48x48... The players will be slightly bigger anyway..

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 04-18-2011 at 12:25 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
too bad graal cant support 3d no more
Old 04-18-2011, 03:24 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
btw you can also choose orthographic view so you don't have to distort your objects.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:43 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
too bad graal cant support 3d no more
yes it can, I have recently scripted a 3D obj on my server ( .3ds file) and it works fine.

@Devil_Lord2
If you ever need script help let me know, Im in for helping.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
I think a server with a low-poly/pixel art looking approach would be better. Pretty much like the Pokemon games for DS
Old 04-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
FF Tactics Iso-Server plz
Old 04-18-2011, 10:03 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Yea or that other full 3d lowpoly FF game

Would be so awesome with a server like that in like third person view, thats what I wanted to do but when I asked Stefan he was all like "noooo0o0 facebook!"

My Albums
Quote:
Old 04-18-2011, 11:41 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
btw you can also choose orthographic view so you don't have to distort your objects.
I never use User view, only Ortho... user confuses the crap out.. having a square look odd.. either way it all comes out to the rendering picture which unless I could adjust it, takes depth into consideration and Graal does not.. D:

So you kinda just have to play with it until it looks like it fits Graal lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
yes it can, I have recently scripted a 3D obj on my server ( .3ds file) and it works fine.

@Devil_Lord2
If you ever need script help let me know, Im in for helping.
I appreciate the gesture, and I'd love the help, but honestly I don't think so much like a programmer as I do an artist.. I wouldn't know what I could do or how I could do it differently from what I've seen on Graal.. I created my movement system via N, W, S, E, and NW, SW, SE, NE.. basically two ganis, two different things..

The view would remain the same, but I did wonder if you could rotate focus.. other then that.. I don't even know what a .3ds file is.. or things I could do with them.. Unless you are willing to teach me.. I'm lost without cause on the subject matter lol..

I've only created pictures and videos from the program I have used. Never attempted to create a game with it but it is possible. Perhaps we could talk more about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
FF Tactics Iso-Server plz
I don't know what this means, but probably not...
Final Fantasy? If so I haven't followed any of the games. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
I think a server with a low-poly/pixel art looking approach would be better. Pretty much like the Pokemon games for DS
I wouldn't know how to make my stuff low poly really.. maybe take off shadowing and put on toon edges so there is a black outline.. but I don't think that would look that great. D: Not too fond of doing pixel art either.. I can but it takes long and is less interesting to me.. I do love seeing sketches and interesting things like Europa has though, however I will not be doing it. I'm sure the buildings will looks cartoony and unique however.. hopefully colorful too; sadly I only have one design in mind for now that I just came up with... and will probably forget after this message...

Quote:
Yea or that other full 3d lowpoly FF game

Would be so awesome with a server like that in like third person view, thats what I wanted to do but when I asked Stefan he was all like "noooo0o0 facebook!"
Again, unsure if FF is meant for Final Fantasy, if so I have not followed any of the games. I do like the picture and could probably replicate the people, but as for the view.. I'm not even sure Graals' view can be changed.. still unsure what it is, it seems like 65 degrees off the ground kind of looking into a box..

Anyway, I'm sure it would be awesome. :]

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-19-2011, 12:54 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
You can't build 3D worlds with the Graal Engine, though, right? Like Graal3D? You can't do that? Right?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:05 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
You can't build 3D worlds with the Graal Engine, though, right? Like Graal3D? You can't do that? Right?
No but perhaps sometime in the future, shame through after all the work with Graal 3D to just toss it away (the tools that is)

My Albums
Quote:
Old 04-19-2011, 01:28 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
No but perhaps sometime in the future, shame through after all the work with Graal 3D to just toss it away (the tools that is)
They can't release the Graal 3D engine to developers to develop?