Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2015, 03:42 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Crystal Dungeon

Maroku and I would proudly like to announce the opening of the Crystal Dungeon!!

Check your map using M to see the location of the dungeon.

The objective is to kill all the monsters in the public dungeon so a chest will appear in the zone. The chests currently have loot in them and you will also have a chance of gaining a Crystal Dungeon Key piece. You will need 3 pieces to craft a full boss key.

The boss door requires 5 keys to open. It is up to EVERYONE to feed the boss door until it reaches 5 keys which then it opens up.

The boss is VERY hard and I encourage players to team up to kill him.

Everyone that is in the boss chamber will get a Crystal Jewel when he is defeated.

Crystal Jewels can be used to craft new and exciting gear!

So, who's up for the challenge?! I'll see ya at the dungeon on Graal Kingdoms!!

Last edited by Sky; 06-07-2015 at 01:08 AM.. Reason: Craftable and key amount change.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:42 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Wow, that looks pretty sweet.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:16 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
do u have a video of the crystal giant boss
Old 06-07-2015, 03:29 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
that is a video

no get it it's a joke about having few frames of animation
Old 06-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
id want to see the boss in motion too

Old 06-08-2015, 02:06 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
id want to see the boss in motion too
It reminded me of one of those giant Zodiac monsters; it wasn't too bad.
I checked and it has like 20 frames.

I enjoyed battling the boss and thought it was a real treat compared to the other things we've had on GK. It actually required some bit of strategy and teamwork and surely stretched the limits of the individual player (you have to be fully equipped with Sword, Bow, and Magic to fight it effectively).
-----

However I dislike the open nature of the dungeon and would prefer if it were party-based like the Crypt, where your party has to enter 5 keys at once to get inside.

The reasons for this are fairly obvious. I logged in today cause I saw my buddy Conq online and wanted to say hi. I went to him in the dungeon and saw he was the only person there. There was 3 keys in the door, presumably from him as well. Nobody else entered the dungeon for about an hour while I idled there seeing him run around grinding the rooms.

Suddenly, the door opens and he invites me to a party to slay the boss. This is neat, a first-time invitation even though I didn't really deserve to enter. Anyway, suddenly there's a dozen players in this dungeon after it had just been us two for the past hour or longer.

We battled the giant for about another hour, Shrimps joined our party and contributed heavily... but the three of us were the only ones who ever touched the goddamn boss. We died thousands of times (literally, I got glitched and died thousands of times) battling this thing... and a half dozen random guys got rewards as well. After-words I asked what the reward was used for, and some guy who was barely level 50 and couldn't even do 1 damage to the boss, let alone gather the keys, exclaimed he already had four of the five required reward pieces just by being there. I battled this thing non-stop for an hour to get a gem, and this guy has 4 without ever lifting a finger.

I just found this absurd and laughed as I logged off for another 6 months.
-----

Apart from the boss, everything else is just recycled and grindy with really zero effort put into it (it took me under 60 seconds to re-shade the giant eye-sore wooden gates (in my personal folder) to match the dungeon (before I tore my eyes out), all the same monsters -- why are vampires and t-rex in a frozen crystal cave?)... I wouldn't really recommend it unless someone tells you to come on and sit in the boss room for a reward.

Last edited by Supaman771; 06-08-2015 at 02:32 AM..
Old 06-09-2015, 12:18 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
It reminded me of one of those giant Zodiac monsters; it wasn't too bad.
I checked and it has like 20 frames.

I enjoyed battling the boss and thought it was a real treat compared to the other things we've had on GK. It actually required some bit of strategy and teamwork and surely stretched the limits of the individual player (you have to be fully equipped with Sword, Bow, and Magic to fight it effectively).
-----

However I dislike the open nature of the dungeon and would prefer if it were party-based like the Crypt, where your party has to enter 5 keys at once to get inside.

The reasons for this are fairly obvious. I logged in today cause I saw my buddy Conq online and wanted to say hi. I went to him in the dungeon and saw he was the only person there. There was 3 keys in the door, presumably from him as well. Nobody else entered the dungeon for about an hour while I idled there seeing him run around grinding the rooms.

Suddenly, the door opens and he invites me to a party to slay the boss. This is neat, a first-time invitation even though I didn't really deserve to enter. Anyway, suddenly there's a dozen players in this dungeon after it had just been us two for the past hour or longer.

We battled the giant for about another hour, Shrimps joined our party and contributed heavily... but the three of us were the only ones who ever touched the goddamn boss. We died thousands of times (literally, I got glitched and died thousands of times) battling this thing... and a half dozen random guys got rewards as well. After-words I asked what the reward was used for, and some guy who was barely level 50 and couldn't even do 1 damage to the boss, let alone gather the keys, exclaimed he already had four of the five required reward pieces just by being there. I battled this thing non-stop for an hour to get a gem, and this guy has 4 without ever lifting a finger.

I just found this absurd and laughed as I logged off for another 6 months.
-----

Apart from the boss, everything else is just recycled and grindy with really zero effort put into it (it took me under 60 seconds to re-shade the giant eye-sore wooden gates (in my personal folder) to match the dungeon (before I tore my eyes out), all the same monsters -- why are vampires and t-rex in a frozen crystal cave?)... I wouldn't really recommend it unless someone tells you to come on and sit in the boss room for a reward.
Do you know if they still got exp for just being in there? The last time I was in a large party of about a half dozen people it gave about 900k exp to me personally. A gem is a gem and it's just an item, exp lasts a lifetime
Old 06-09-2015, 01:26 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Do you know if they still got exp for just being in there? The last time I was in a large party of about a half dozen people it gave about 900k exp to me personally. A gem is a gem and it's just an item, exp lasts a lifetime
I'm sure the EXP works with slaying the monster as with other creatures. Whoever gets the last hit will spread the EXP throughout his/her party.

What I do know is, they dramatically reduced the EXP reward (Maroku said 300k or something) and that is essentially 5 minutes of farming reapers as opposed to 2 hours of grinding/battling the boss.

Plus EXP is worthless. Only two skills require level 107, and they are the easiest ones to level-up. Mental can be done in an afternoon and Physical shouldn't take more than 10 days.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:41 AM
Nature2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Nature2 Send a message via AIM to Nature2 Send a message via MSN to Nature2 Send a message via Yahoo to Nature2
Quote:
I'm sure the EXP works with slaying the monster as with other creatures. Whoever gets the last hit will spread the EXP throughout his/her party.

What I do know is, they dramatically reduced the EXP reward (Maroku said 300k or something) and that is essentially 5 minutes of farming reapers as opposed to 2 hours of grinding/battling the boss.

Plus EXP is worthless. Only two skills require level 107, and they are the easiest ones to level-up. Mental can be done in an afternoon and Physical shouldn't take more than 10 days.
I dont think sky changed the kill exp (will ask and edit this later).
i think its still very much exp on kill PLUS 300.000 exp if you grab a crystal from the ground.

edit: 2 level 110 players killed it and they got 400k exp from party + 300k from the grab.. thats a big reward
it also depends on the current skill level of the player.. a level 1 player would only get around 1k exp from an 300k grab
at all we can say that each run you get atleast 1 level on wis,phys and whatever...

Last edited by Nature2; 06-10-2015 at 07:51 AM..
Old 06-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature2 View Post
I dont think sky changed the kill exp (will ask and edit this later).
i think its still very much exp on kill PLUS 300.000 exp if you grab a crystal from the ground.

edit: 2 level 110 players killed it and they got 400k exp from party + 300k from the grab.. thats a big reward
it also depends on the current skill level of the player.. a level 1 player would only get around 1k exp from an 300k grab
at all we can say that each run you get atleast 1 level on wis,phys and whatever...
The first test I did on the monster I was in a party, and I gained somewhere around that 700-900k exp mark.. I was wondering if you needed to be in a party or not but nice to know it helps xD
Old 06-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature2 View Post
Quote:
EXP is worthless.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:13 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
:o
Old 06-14-2015, 05:52 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I almost have enough for that wand. I need 5 more jewels.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:47 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
video for those that will never play GK?
Old 06-15-2015, 09:25 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
^ 2nd. very very large gif will be acceptable as well.