Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Classic Developer
Cosss will become famous soon enough
Account Name

How do I change my account name to my community name instead of having it Graal######?
Old 10-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Headmaster of Hogwarts
MrDumbledore is on a distinguished road
You can't. Normally servers shouldn't show the Graal##### anywhere. If you are seeing it, report the instance to the server for them to fix (and then bug Stefan if they don't fix it since he will get mad and make them).
Old 10-03-2010, 05:51 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
If it makes you feel better, staff on Classic iPhone all pretty much get their account name set to their community name.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDumbledore View Post
You can't. Normally servers shouldn't show the Graal##### anywhere.
Except they've all got them as a profile variable specifically displaying it. It pisses me off because people still feel like their accounts are inferior, but the staff don't have Graal##### accounts so nobody cares enough.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Headmaster of Hogwarts
MrDumbledore is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Except they've all got them as a profile variable specifically displaying it. It pisses me off because people still feel like their accounts are inferior, but the staff don't have Graal##### accounts so nobody cares enough.
Indeed. I wish your idea of giving everyone a Graal##### account was possible.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Classic Developer
Thanks guys!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
If it makes you feel better, staff on Classic iPhone all pretty much get their account name set to their community name.
What do you mean?
Old 10-03-2010, 09:16 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
What do you mean?
Bad example, just I've noticed a few of the staff there have real account names which they most likely had to request which kinda defeats the purpose of the Community Name system.

Rufus pretty much hits the nail on the head, people with Graal# accounts feel a noticeable lack of support for them and want the uniqueness of an account name.

What should be a transparent system to players isn't in a fair amount of cases, but there's plenty of threads on this that discuss it to death.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Classic Developer
I see people with custom account names all the time. Like when I'm doing Posion Purge on UN and it has all the names above. It'd be
like "Remaining players: weeway, Stella, Graal#### (me)"
Old 10-03-2010, 09:40 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosss View Post
I see people with custom account names all the time. Like when I'm doing Posion Purge on UN and it has all the names above. It'd be
like "Remaining players: weeway, Stella, Graal#### (me)"
Unholy Nation is supposed to correct that issue. It is their faults for not doing so. They could easily have it display as "weeway, Stella, Cosss" by literally replacing the word account with communityname in the script. That's something you should take up with them. This system has been around for years now, they really should have adapted by now.

I'd recommend noting every single occurrence where this takes place and report it to staff members on there to fix it.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 10-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Classic Developer
I guess it's just an issue with me?
Old 10-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
I guess it's just an issue with me?
Way to read what Tig posted. Like he said, it's nothing but UN scripters refusing to adapt to community names rather than account names.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
This is not an issue that is limited to Unholy Nation alone. Both Era and Zodiac display "account names" as a profile variable. Of course, it's not just profiles either, but that's one thing I've noticed while server hopping. We have discussed community name integration for events, but the person that was going to do it ended up quitting, and no one else seems to care.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Classic Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Way to read what Tig posted. Like he said, it's nothing but UN scripters refusing to adapt to community names rather than account names.
I read what he said, I asked if anyone else was annoyed by this.

Ruf: What is your account name?
Old 10-03-2010, 10:20 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Ruf: What is your account name?
Rufus.