Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-08-2011, 11:26 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
its not hard to convert stuff - i don't get why its taking so long? o_O
Old 03-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Probably because of the sheer quantity of stuff. Old servers weren't really able to take advantage of the efficient methods we use today, and more importantly they were around long enough to end up with piles and piles of stuff scattered scattered everywhere.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:08 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
It's a management/leadership issue that's affecting development. It's entirely up to Skyld or Lance on what gets done on the server and they aren't exactly making their intentions or plans clear to those that want to help.

I guess it doesn't really help that the public expectations of this project are very high. I'm sure people wouldn't want to see this server have a Maloria style release either.

Back to waiting indefinitely on this project though, at least people got a look at some of the assets when they were available.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:30 AM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
Honestly, how much longer will PC Graal be around? Is it worth it to spend all this time developing a server when the game might be shutting down soon? It's difficult to stay motivated for a project like this when you are unsure of the future of the game. So far, no one has succeeded in bringing back Graal2001, and no one probably will.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:38 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzey View Post
Honestly, how much longer will PC Graal be around? Is it worth it to spend all this time developing a server when the game might be shutting down soon? It's difficult to stay motivated for a project like this when you are unsure of the future of the game. So far, no one has succeeded in bringing back Graal2001, and no one probably will.
g2k1 iPhone
Old 03-09-2011, 04:39 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
I don't think Stefan would be wasting his time with Graal v6 if he was planning on shutting down anytime soon.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:41 AM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I don't think Stefan would be wasting his time with Graal v6 if he was planning on shutting down anytime soon.
I hope you're right. I will be sad when I can't come check in on Graal anymore.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I hope you're right. I will be sad when I can't come check in on Graal anymore.
That would be a damn shame. Missing out on all of these exciting updates.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:29 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
If Stefan shuts down Graal I would be upset. I mean, you guys are kinda like my family...kinda...
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:05 AM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
There's already enough private server graal **** out the anyways, the community might not all move, but it won't fully go away. :/ How about an iphone emulator? Or a shared server? PC/Iphone?

Weee!~
Old 03-11-2011, 10:50 PM
A$AP
DarkHero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkHero
LOL i have been waiting for graal 2001 since it shut down... lol
Wow. I'm Back!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
drink an avocado smoothie and watch Coraline in the mean time. It helps.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:17 AM
A$AP
DarkHero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkHero
LOL, good idea...
Wow. I'm Back!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:25 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
I think people would make a shared community between pc and iphone, I know its possible coz Ive been playing on the idea but it would have to go under a new name if this was ever to be accomplished coz of cybernojeur owning rights to the name graal or some **** meaning they can shut down any competition
Old 03-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Birdo13 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

been sitting on RC some nights...no sign of anyone lately guess its time to ride off into the sunset on my elephant...

-Lamer