Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Alure1316 is on a distinguished road
Graal PSP/PS3

I am still awaiting the release of the PSP version. Stefan mentioned in other threads that it is possible, that it runs better than the iPhone version, and that it could even connect to current servers. So why hasn't it been released (specifically asked to Stefan)? With the addition of the PlayStation Store to the PSP, I think releasing it via PS Store would be the better way. Many games have been released this way instead of having a disc release. A PS3 release would be phenomenal as well. Many games are being released side by side with PSP and PS3 versions. On the PlayStation Store they're called "PSN Titles" and there are other mini games called "PSP Minis". Though I'd rather see Graal as a "PSN Title" than a mini.

Is it still being worked on? I know that a lot of people will start with comments such as, "PSP version will amuse the 3 PSP users that this community has." Or something along those lines, but just look at Graal iPhone; they have their own community created and founded just by them. If the PSP/PS3 version is released, people will see it in the "New Releases" section and be curious about it and even try it out.

Please give us an update Stefan!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:37 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Even though it would be great to have Graal on the PSP/PS3 I don't think it'll happen or at least not soon.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It will be interesting but right now it's not possible.
Graal is working on PSP but we cannot distribute yet (PSP Minis don't allow internet access and updating the binary will be harder). On PS3 it should work fine but we need to get access to the development tools and distribution channels.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
But does the regular PSP's have the same (internet) problem? Why would it be harder to update? Just curious. I have a old PSP, one of the first versions and I've been waiting for this to happen. I think Graal would be wonderful on PSP, could probably work very well with the controls that the iPhone community has.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It will be interesting but right now it's not possible.
Graal is working on PSP but we cannot distribute yet (PSP Minis don't allow internet access and updating the binary will be harder). On PS3 it should work fine but we need to get access to the development tools and distribution channels.
Do you have to go with the PSP Minis direction? Why not make it a PSN exclusive?

Hopefully you guys don't release Graal as an offline only game (like GBC version...). It should be released once Classic comes back on the PlayerWorlds server and we should also be able to interact with PC/Mac/PS3 users on the PSP. Sure, a few things will be hard to do such as chatting, but luckily the PSP now has a mini keyboard and even an updated in-game key entry system. The controls could work by mapping them correctly. I was thinking of how to get it to work and have some ideas for control mapping. I'll post them later if you are interested

And going on off-topic: Does the iPad version of Graal allow you to log on to PC/Mac servers? Or will it ever? I'm getting my iPad soon, and would like to be able to log on to Classic while I'm on break at school :P
Old 07-22-2010, 08:12 AM
A$AP
DarkHero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkHero
put it on xbox
Wow. I'm Back!
Old 07-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
i though about this wii prob be the best its almost like a computer plus wii stay away with realistic graphics and ps3 doesnt or xbox so graal doesnt fit in plus wii age group it could be big
Old 07-22-2010, 08:29 AM
A$AP
to be honest, your right x.x, but alot of wii people dont play online though.. let alone not a lot of games play online, and when its possible, 90% is laggy cuz of wifi connection=P
Wow. I'm Back!
Old 07-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alure1316 View Post
And going on off-topic: Does the iPad version of Graal allow you to log on to PC/Mac servers? Or will it ever? I'm getting my iPad soon, and would like to be able to log on to Classic while I'm on break at school :P
It doesn't. But when you think about it, it's good that it doesn't. Take just about any server and think about the functions they offer. With a full QWERTY (or equivalent) keyboard, you can press buttons like 'N' to bring up News, or hotkey a spell/enchantment/prayer, and hold/press Q to bring up the inventory. It would be far too inconvenient for the iPad/iPhone/iAnything versions.

Even Classic had custom stuff like that, so that's why Classic iPhone is only based off of it, and does not identically mimic (or allow direct connection to) the "real" Classic server.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 07-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Graal Developer
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHero View Post
to be honest, your right x.x, but alot of wii people dont play online though.. let alone not a lot of games play online, and when its possible, 90% is laggy cuz of wifi connection=P
you dont have to use wifi u can get dsl stright from ur box with a cord but its not all wireless crap. anyways if stefan made a 3d graal i bet u he can get it inside the stores also some might play online madden had like 300 wii players at a time
Old 07-22-2010, 07:41 PM
(LAT)
Enchanted Wolf XxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Enchanted Wolf XxX Send a message via MSN to Enchanted Wolf XxX Send a message via Yahoo to Enchanted Wolf XxX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
you dont have to use wifi u can get dsl stright from ur box with a cord but its not all wireless crap. anyways if stefan made a 3d graal i bet u he can get it inside the stores also some might play online madden had like 300 wii players at a time
Wasn't Graal3D attempted? It was the biggest fail in Graal history.

People play Graal for a reason. Crappy computers, low requirements. And it still has low amount of players. Who would play the 3D version?
Old 07-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Graal Developer
ya it fail but remember u have to think 3d was introduce to everybody so graphics cards cost alot and alot of players didnt like the graphics of 3d if we can take time u can make a really good one
Old 07-22-2010, 08:14 PM
A$AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
300 wii players? darn, thats low x.x xbox CoD MW2 got over 100,000 playing at all times...
Wow. I'm Back!
Old 07-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
It doesn't. But when you think about it, it's good that it doesn't. Take just about any server and think about the functions they offer. With a full QWERTY (or equivalent) keyboard, you can press buttons like 'N' to bring up News, or hotkey a spell/enchantment/prayer, and hold/press Q to bring up the inventory. It would be far too inconvenient for the iPad/iPhone/iAnything versions.

Even Classic had custom stuff like that, so that's why Classic iPhone is only based off of it, and does not identically mimic (or allow direct connection to) the "real" Classic server.
I see... well... I wouldn't mind playing iGraal(?) on its own server if it actually had things to do. Right now all people are doing right beside me are planting bombs and getting gralat. I want to do quests, events, etc. on iGraal
Old 07-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Graal Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHero View Post
300 wii players? darn, thats low x.x xbox CoD MW2 got over 100,000 playing at all times...
still looking at a marketing view graal couldnt be successful with ps3 or xbox but with wii it has a chance due to the group age and how it works ect but need inprovements