Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 02:13 PM
"Member ID=2610"
Snakeandy7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily_Cruddas
Just stop struggling with servers that die, I'm so sick of a playerworld that has low playercount in the first place trying to make a comeback, just work on a server with someone else like Maloria or classic, i don't know....it's just getting dull now to see everyone with all these skills not trying out for other playerworlds.

If these folks are as awsome managers as you say, i don't think they would have much trouble getting a staff spot on a different server, that or they just don't take action to do so.
I totally dis-agree :[
of slavery my son".

Old 01-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Malorian
JudgeDurst is on a distinguished road
Maloria was dying with low playercounts while we were working on v2... If we just gave up it would never have even been released in this early beta stage and gotten all the players we do now. Whether we can keep the numbers up or not is an entirely different matter...
Old 01-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiration
Could I manage the server? Yes.
Do I believe I could "fix" N-Pulse? Yes.
Do I believe making Moonie Manager over me like this is wrong? Yes.
Could you manage the server? Yes.
Do you believe you could "fix" N-Pulse? A lot of people do.
Could you manage the server? You probably could, but you do need some help. No offense, you are a good guy with some nice ideas, but you really need to take action when you see something rather than not say anything about it.

Quote:
All the new content on NP over the last few months has been thanks to me. I've worked hard as hell there, and now that this has happened, I'm very discouraged.
You should have a backup...if not, >_>.

Quote:
I told Rai before that if Zido was to quit or be removed, I'd leave the server, due to the fact that hes our only scripter. However, now, with all of this, N-Pulse will be hitting its worst times, everyones looking to me for answers, and right now I don't have them.
Why would you quit because of Zido? N-Pulse already hated him, besides like a few people. He did no development that was public to the playerworld for more than six months. You have no reason to leave, but to go more into N-Pulse and find more people. You will gain more experience as a Manager if you see what it takes to find staff that want to work with you.

Quote:
Moonie had her chance as manager of N-Pulse before, and I think I deserve mine, I've worked my way there.
Why would it matter? If you really want N-Pulse to be successful, then you will do what's good for it, Manager or not.

Quote:
Basically my feelings are, I'm willing to work WITH Moonie, but I don't want to work for her.
Very true, I would think you two should be Manager together. Co-Managers, not some Asst. positions. Would be better for N-Pulse.

Quote:
I was next in line, I'm more than capable, and I'm willing to give the server one final shot now.
One final shot? Don't say that, you will end up like some of the playerworlds that have gave one "final shot" and they won't come back. (Babylon and Enigma)

Quote:
It just seems to me like placing Moonie there, who was just recently hired by me, instead of me as manager, is wrong. I believe I deserve my chance like anyone else does, and if I fail, its all Moonies.
Compromise about it.

I think you should really touch up your overworld you made with Moonie (as Managers together) and release what you have ready for N-Pulse. Even if you release half the overworld with plenty of things to do, you can release more later, and it will provide your players with updates. Many will think you will keep adding things to do, thus they will say (if it's good). Look at Maloria, they are owning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows_Legend
Zido wouldn't hire anyone that scripted better than him.
Hahaha, he wouldn't hire anyone that was a threat to his job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
Gesh, just send N-Pulse to be private, till it gets it's act together, and some new and origional content. If it can pass a PWA test to go classic again, more power to the server... but I doubt it could.
That's probably what will happen. I doubt it would come out again too if they don't get plenty of work done that is good and fast. Though, you have to agree, the public playerworld list is going down. Enigma was removed, Babylon was removed, Delteria was removed for a short while, and now N-Pulse? No new playerworlds have been released at all, kinda sad. (Besides Zone, which doesn't count since it's gold.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterElkow
ive worked with U.M when he was still LAT Admin, i worked under him as LAT.

i think he should be Manager.
during the time he was LAT Admin,

1> the Team worked alot harder.
2> a entire new World got made.

i actually had fun working under him, and thats the first time i had fun working under somebody. i learnt alot of leveling thanks to him.

amen.
You may have helped make a overworld with him, but I don't think any of it was release or was ready to be released. So what fun does that do for players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
This has certainly been a pathetic set of actions.
Agreed.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
I went to the Globals several days ago, because I knew something was going to happen. At the time, it appeared that U.M didnt even want to work on NP because he was all part of what I reported to the PWA. Note, I said "appeared".
I was asked if I would Manage NP again, I did not plan a takeover or anything like that, however, I did know that this was going to happen eventually, and all I could do was continue to report things that I saw.

I do not believe that U.M was part of what was done, and I do agree that he has done alot of work for NP in the last few months, as well as in the past.
Some of you say that I failed NP when I was Manager, I do not believe I failed. To fail would be to do what the trio just did to NP, to fail would be to walk away and not care, to fail would have been not to notice things were not right when I was Manager, and to not step down and let someone else try. I did none of these things, therefore I did not fail.
I have learned alot just being a player for NP for the past what...year? In that time, I was mostly a player, but I did work as a gp at one time, because I was needed, then was asked to be a lat, because that was needed more.
Anyway, when I was asked to be LAT Chief, I had serious reservations about it because I cannot work with Zido (with good reason), but I ended up taking the job because I wanted to help NP. That gave me the chance to see what was really going on, on RC, within staff...and it made me sick quite honestly.

I am not here to take anything away from anyone, like I said given RC history, I didnt even think UM was interested in being Manager, and never even thought of it. That is what happens when you give off the appearance that you are right there with your buddies when they are being complete idiots.

Maybe UM does deserve the chance to Manage, I dont know....but I do know that I do not want to see what happened last night to NP, happen again....ever.

I believe that the globals should talk to UM, and make their decision. This is not a question of who knows who, it is a question of who is best for the job of Manager.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-08-2005, 03:52 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
You mis-read a lot of things that I said. I'm discouraged because of how hard I've worked, and then when it came time to remove Zido, I was completely over-looked as next choice for manager. I do have some backups of the server.

When I said "one final shot" I meant it not as the servers final shot, by my final shot to help it for now.

If Moonie is manager, yes maybe we can work something out, and I plan to try to. But before the final call is made, I'd like the PWA to at least talk to me, look at what I've done, and then make the choice.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 01-08-2005, 03:57 PM
"Member ID=2610"
Snakeandy7 is on a distinguished road
I don't see why they don't give you a chance. No offence to Moonie but you had a shot at N-Pulse and then quit.
of slavery my son".

Old 01-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Of course, "final shot" doesn't motivate people, everyone is like, "LAST TRY FOR N-PULSE!"

We all know Moonie and U.M. should just manage together, would be for the best.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
You mis-read a lot of things that I said. I'm discouraged because of how hard I've worked, and then when it came time to remove Zido, I was completely over-looked as next choice for manager. I do have some backups of the server.

When I said "one final shot" I meant it not as the servers final shot, by my final shot to help it for now.

If Moonie is manager, yes maybe we can work something out, and I plan to try to. But before the final call is made, I'd like the PWA to at least talk to me, look at what I've done, and then make the choice.
I mean no offense, but you make it sound like if you dont become Manager, you can no longer help NP.
you were not overloooked, you gave off the air that you no longer wanted to work for NP when you joined zido and Rai in talking about how wonderful "that other game" was, and how we should all go play it..
That is what I thought at the time, and maybe that is what the globals thought also...whether or not that is true....*shrugs*
But I do agree that the decision should not be based on one day on RC, it should be based on everything as a whole...the work you have done, your attitude, the way you work with staff, the way you converse with the players, how well you manage the staff, how well you manage the server, and so on.....

Choices should be made to help NP, it doesnt matter who is "next in line"
If the pwa feel that you are a good choice for manager, I am fine with that...it appears that the players are with you, so maybe it is what is best for NP.

Snakeandy: why dont you stop saying I "quit" I never gave up on NP...I stepped down to let someone else try at managing because of many factors...being a player for awhile after managing made me learn many things...but I never gave up....
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-08-2005, 04:21 PM
7 Words
That other game is fun, but like I said, if I didnt want to work on N-Pulse, I'd quit.

I can't help N-Pulse anymore working under other peoples ideas, I've been doing that forever, and in the end it never comes out to a good result. I have my own ideas and my own perspective of what's best, and It's a lot different than anything N-Pulse has had over the last years and last few managers. If you're willing to work with my ideas and let me try what I want without stopping me, only offering advice,as I told you I'd let you do if you worked under me, I think we can peacefully co-manage. If it comes down to where I'm your "worker" and doing your plans and what you say, no, I'm no longer interested in working that way.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit

Last edited by Darlene159; 01-08-2005 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: rules....
Old 01-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Administrator
Quote:
That other game is fun, but like I said, if I didnt want to work on N-Pulse, I'd quit.

I can't help N-Pulse anymore working under other peoples ideas, I've been doing that forever, and in the end it never comes out to a good result. I have my own ideas and my own perspective of what's best, and It's a lot different than anything N-Pulse has had over the last years and last few managers. If you're willing to work with my ideas and let me try what I want without stopping me, only offering advice,as I told you I'd let you do if you worked under me, I think we can peacefully co-manage. If it comes down to where I'm your "worker" and doing your plans and what you say, no, I'm no longer interested in working that way.
*shrugs*
The players are what matter...not you, not me....if the players get what they want (within limits), they will be happy, and NP will grow...
I would never say if I didnt become Manager, I would give up...even though the staff for a long time didnt give a rats patute what I had to say, I was still there, and I have no idea why...
the players run Graal, without them, Graal is nothing....

I will always be for NP, no matter what.
I have nothing more to say on this subject, it is up to higher ups now, and I will go with whatever they decide, and STILL be there for NP all the way....
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Banned
ThinkDifferent is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThinkDifferent Send a message via MSN to ThinkDifferent
What the players want is U.M. as manager. I could cope with you as Asst. Manager though.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:43 PM
7 Words
Giving the players what they want works within limits, but the "players" isnt a single minded group of people, thats where the problem is.
Everyone wants something different, and as staff you have to work that into the server to make something enjoyable for as many people as possible.

N-Pulse is right where it was years ago due to poor managing, I'd like to see that change. If I fail, I'd at least like to know I set it on the right path. Right now, this is crap.

4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 01-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
I went to the Globals several days ago, because I knew something was going to happen.
Conspiracy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
I do not think GrowlZ is like that. GrowlZ carefully looks into the problem before making a decision, that is a fact.
Did you actually understood his sentence? You are disagreeing with him although you say exactly the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 01-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Cult of the Winky
DarkShadows_Legend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadows_Legend
Question

Emily, Oy! N-Pulse has been 1 of the top 3 servers over the past few months. It did it with just 10 players online, omg!!! How do they do it

Anyways, ...

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hlight=Maloria

Old thread where Spark sent a questionnaire regarding who should be manager to those who contacted him about that topic.

Maybe this could apply to the debate over who should be manager for N-Pulse?

"I rather be hated for being myself, than be liked for being what you like best. I go above the influence, not under." - Me
Old 01-08-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm teh Canavi
CasanovaCanavi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CasanovaCanavi Send a message via MSN to CasanovaCanavi
Can I be manager?! plzplzplzzl!!
Job N-Pulse FAQ
Quote Best friends are silbling god forgot to give us.
Closed Thread