Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 06:56 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
(not so) New Planet Idea: Iricia Pt II

Sup guys. In light of all these other planet suggestions, I have decided to bring forth my own two cents to Zone, in the form of reviving one of my ideas from an older thread and then Enchanting it to +5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
playing off jo's idea of cops and robbers...

how about there are two teams, ok?
one team is of POWs (prisoners of war), they have no class, and no weapons (except for purchased ones) and theyre locked in that room (or a similar room) on irica where you get shot up after you lose. its slightly modified so there's a way out, possibly a destroyable wall (destroy with barrels). they have to escape. then, they roam around that 'base/prison' and find a room with a class selecter, and from there they run around in the POW camp, killing off the other team.

now for the OTHER team. they can be the people that run that POW camp. they start the same, classless. they start at random places in the bases, and have to go select a class as well before they can do anything (possibly add new classes, like jailer, security guard, janitor?) and they have to either chase the POWs back to the prison room or kill them.

now this takes place mostly inside (to give it a base raid kind of feel), and outside parts of the 'base.' the POW team can win either by killing the entire other guys OR making it to the control room and holding it for 5 minutes (doing so allows reinforcments to come in and save them, incase you need a reason). the other team wins by chasing the POWs back to the cell or killing them.

i highly doubt anything like this will ever happen, but it does sound vaguely fun to me. opinions?
Alright. So you got the basic gist of it. But shall I elaborate?

The players are split into two sides. we got one team as the role of the winners of the previous battle on Iricia, and one side as the losers. This battle takes place directly after that (not necessarily, but for the sake of the story, assuming Zone had a calender of all the wars, this is the aftermath to a battle on Iricia).

As you should've already figured out, one side attempts to escape, while the other side attempts to hold the fort. And now for the additions.

The POWs, will find a way to escape from the chamber, and be pretty safe as it is unguarded and all the troops within the base now spawn in place, the control room. In the control room, there is a screen that allows them to view the on goings of the prison chamber (Think EGSL Spar viewer). The POWs must escape undetected and find a weapons stash within the base, and fight their way through the soldiers who have to rush through the chaos to a class selector keeping their prisoners at bay.

Once a troop dies, he respawns in the infirmary at 1hp and needs to remain in the bed healing at a slow rate before he can fight back, or be healed by a med. (No outside items may be brought into this battle, so no med packs and cookies.) The infirmary will be inaccessible by prisoners, for the sake of no-laming.

POWs do not respawn. If one dies, they end up in the drop ship and await the next match, cut themselves, go to another planet, I don't care.

To make this more awesome, I've thought up some secondary objectives for both teams, completing at least one will result in awesome prize money for the entire winning team.

The POW's first.

The prisoner's secondary abjects involve them working as a team. The first one, and what I believe is hardest for a self-absorbed Zone player, involves disabling the enemy's base. Yes, rather than merely escaping, their will be four generators conveniently placed in four corners of the base. Each of these generators must be destroyed in order to shut off the base's power supply, and thus disable it (which includes the soldier's class selectors, the video cameras, and the automatic doors, meaning you now have to destroy the doors to pass). The catch? Each generator must be destroyed within 10 seconds of the earlier one. That means there needs to be someone at each generator prepared for it, and some team member most alert them of when to blow it up. There will be no alert of when one was destroyed, and being prisoners, you don't have the "/yo what's up" radio. Use your imagination and get creative.

The POW's other secondary object should be a little easier. Simply kill all of the enemy. "But Doctah PoJo, they respawn!". Ah, and there's the challenge! You must kill them all quickly! Kill them all so they're all in the infirmary healing, and the match will be ended early because their are no able bodies to defend the base.

On to the "Base-holder's" secondary goals:

An easy one, that requires camping, something every Zone kid is good at. Simply keep the POWs from even setting foot in the control room to call for reinforcements (which would lead to them winning). Easy right? Nah, as the control room's mechanics haven't been keeping the security system up to date. Ever since your squad got new uniforms, the auto torrents have considered you guys the enemy and completely ignore the escapees! This means if you guys hang out in the control room too long, the base will start randomly shooting you. Deal with it, when this battle is said and done, someone's getting fired.

Storming around and killing the POWs is easy right? You have virtually infinite fire power, limitless amounts of troops, and the entire base is yours. But what happens if you chase a POW back into their pin? A gravity control system kicks in and prevents them from running, trapping them back into the cage. And there's your next bonus objective, sending them back to the cage. For every one in bring in, it'll be a small money bonus to your entire team, regardless of whether you win or lose.

Now on to a bit about the "planet".

No vehicles. Deal with it. You're in a base with tight corridors, the most you get is a torrent or two.

Limited classes. No heavy inf here. Scouts, Light-inf, Commandos, etc, but most heavy weapons will be disabled here. Chainguns will be fine, but there will also be a limited amount of ammo, and you don't get any of your bullets bought with mummy's credit card, you get a wimpy 100 shot for every weapon.
And that puts emphasis on melee weapons. All of them will be enabled here, with the electron playing a newer role: Being able to freeze people. Push them in front of you as a shield, or push them back into their cell, or even push the owners of the base into the cell, they're your puppets for 10 seconds! Don't taze me bro!

Anyways, that's my idea, just trying to give a little to Zone in the form of ideas. Be gentle guys.

Last edited by kia345; 01-06-2008 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: grmmr
Old 01-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Dionne Førever
DeathOfRa is on a distinguished road
Cool idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
The voices in my head like to bicker with each other.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Rescate is on a distinguished road
I like it sounds like something that a et would host off :O! and would you be able to change weapons and the prisoners would be able to heal themselfs somehow right i like the crisis planet better
Old 01-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Well, I wont read that..
Old 01-06-2008, 04:23 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Then shut up and get out.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:14 PM
IXIs_Last_Stand is on a distinguished road
I like the idea.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Desear
UnknownMasterMind is on a distinguished road
I love the idea, an expansion to Iricia, and something new. I support it.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:10 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Then shut up and get out.
Don't worry. Dan just has to posts that he likes it and then name will like it to so it doesn't make a difference.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Someone, maybe
Nefir is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly, this is by far the planet idea I like the most, it looks hella cool to play in this planet, I wish it get's added to zone
Old 01-07-2008, 08:26 AM
-----
darksage15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Sounds like a cool idea. Do janitors get brooms to wack people with? HOORAY FOR JANITOR CLASS!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:20 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
You know the humor behind chloroform? Janitors do the same thing with bleach.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:39 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Sounds quite cool. The only question for me is how we handle the respawn (of prisoners). If the player is out once killed then it will fit more as event map, since people don't like to wait 5-10 minutes for the end of the round.
An alternative could be to allow respawn, but only allow melee weapons until you kill a soldier. Once you kill someone you will get the class-items of that player. We could even disable class-terminals and only allow the soldiers to choose their class, and so force the prisoners to use their melee skills. For that case we would need to change the primary/secondary goal though.

Another possibility would be to make it a really simple extension to the iricia final map, giving the losers a way to fight back and make it more challenging for the winners to get some kills.

Update: attachmed some small concept drawing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prisonconcept.png
Views:	91
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	43718  

Last edited by Admins; 01-12-2008 at 03:05 AM..
Old 01-12-2008, 03:12 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
A very precise drawing! I like it!
Old 01-12-2008, 05:00 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
While I like your first idea Stefan, I was aiming for a "tighter" area. So far all of Zone's battles are in large run and gun places.

I saw this as being tight corridors, where every turn could lead you into enemy fire, forcing you to actually take cover and grab a partner. More strategy than just running and holding S.

Your latter idea, not so much :x
Old 01-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
I love it stefan!