Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 02:07 AM
ImmortalHuman is an unknown quantity at this point
Graal 3D

is graal 3d still encoded into graal or has become a subdevided client?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:28 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Who cares? Graal3d is the cancer killing Graal.

Here's a better question: Why have we not had a new flagship server for seven years? Three more years, and Kingdoms will be a decade old.

Think about that.

I know Graal3d is a neat pet project and all, but the rest of Graal's servers seem completely neglected at this point. I'd be thrilled up and down to see Stefan interested in another Gold server. Graal could be so much more innovative and interesting if a little attention was paid to its servers and its development tools half the time.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:00 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Who cares? Graal3d is the cancer killing Graal.

Here's a better question: Why have we not had a new flagship server for seven years? Three more years, and Kingdoms will be a decade old.

Think about that.

I know Graal3d is a neat pet project and all, but the rest of Graal's servers seem completely neglected at this point. I'd be thrilled up and down to see Stefan interested in another Gold server. Graal could be so much more innovative and interesting if a little attention was paid to its servers and its development tools half the time.
Is graal3d even important to cyberjoueurs(shut up...slightly inebriated)? I figure they care more about the iphone servers than anything else atm
Old 02-04-2009, 04:35 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
It's all about ADRENALINE POKER YEAAAH!

Stefan thinks these iphone games are "Graal" so I've lost all hope.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Banned
Aura is an unknown quantity at this point
Graal 3D is too expensive, but if the community learnt modelling and coding, then it would work
Old 02-04-2009, 08:24 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura View Post
Graal 3D is too expensive, but if the community learnt modelling and coding, then it would work
The community can't seem to put up a decent 2D server, do you really think they are going to be able to create a passable 3D one?

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 02-04-2009, 09:12 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
The community can't seem to put up a decent 2D server, do you really think they are going to be able to create a passable 3D one?
If you had the ability to rent a 3D server I think every tom, **** and harry would rent one.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:17 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I just want to script on a 3D server to help me improve my math.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
If you had the ability to rent a 3D server I think every tom, **** and harry would rent one.
True, but I think a lot of kids would be upset because they wouldn't know where to begin. I haven't actually seen what tools they have to edit, but I'm pretty sure they would be 3rd party on the modeling end of it.

Can the standard Graal editor open the 3d maps?

I just think it wouldn't be as straight forward as 2D and the people buying these servers would have no idea what they are getting themselves into.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Scripting, at least, is pretty much GS2.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
I think the 3D concept is cool and all but I'd much rather see it implemented into normal Graal playerworlds for mini-games and things like that.

As Draenin mentioned, if they put the heart and soul into a new flagship server that they put into Graal2001 and Kingdoms and not abandon it after 2 years, and kept updating it, I guarantee the Gold servers would have a much bigger playerbase.

I just don't think Graal can compete in the 3D market because it's already dominated by companies that have a lot lot more money to spend. Graal is really unique in the 2D aspect because there aren't a whole lot of online games that have the potential Graal does.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 02-04-2009, 10:27 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I just want to script on a 3D server to help me improve my math.
When I did some stuff on 3D, I improved my use of vectors and math involving 3 dimensions :-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Scripting, at least, is pretty much GS2.
It's actually very similar, besides 60 FPS and cool 3D functions :]
Old 02-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Is 3D graal accessible enough to the point where someone paying $100+ for a server(the average goer that you see with servers now) isn't going to be so severely overwhelmed to the point of regret for renting a server?
Old 02-04-2009, 11:10 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Is 3D graal accessible enough to the point where someone paying $100+ for a server(the average goer that you see with servers now) isn't going to be so severely overwhelmed to the point of regret for renting a server?
This is what I was trying to imply earlier in my posts. I don't think it would be nearly as user friendly. Most kids that rent servers try to revive old servers or create an Era clone anyway. They really have no idea what they are doing.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 02-05-2009, 04:03 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Graal 3D will never happen as long as Graal continues this way.