Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Maloria - An Update

The following is directly copied from the original post on Maloria forums, apart from a few minor edits and additions. It is posted here as well for several reasons, such as serving as general information and possibly getting feedback of any kind.

Progress since change of Management (3 weeks ago, excluding server downtime):

Scripts
  • Full fledged duping proof item system, and everything that comes with that.
  • Skill system.
  • Quasi-Intelligent baddy AI that,
    • Can equip/use any item (including potions!) that a player can with the same benefits
    • Can use any skill that a player can

It also behaves differently depending on the situation, for example...
    • ... if it it has the melee skill, it will chase you until within weapon range.
    • ... if it has the ranged skill, it will chase you until within weapon max range, and if you come closer then weapon min range, it will move away from you and attempt to widen the distance. If it doesn't succeed with that, it will attack with ranged until you're in melee where it will use melee (assuming it have the melee skill).
    • ... if it has the magic skill, it will randomly use a spell assuming it have any mana left. Special skills like healing, dispelling, buffing etc. will only be done when needed.
  • Combat system (currently only supports melee and ranged)
  • Trading

While that alone might not sound awfully much, keep in mind that it's the very core systems a server can have, and the most difficult ones to get secure and lag free, rather then just operationable.

However, there's a tiny amount of weapons (and skills) added right now, even though it's extremely easy to add a large and varying quantity of them with these systems. The reason for it is that I'm going to implement more item variables soon, and I'd rather not have 30+ items to edit when that's done.

Levels

We're sticking with the overworld from v2, with minor detailing changes. There's a bunch of insides that needs reworks (without straying too far from their default looks), and a great deal of additions is needed.

We're also completely reworking the blob/flower/book dungeon to be an actual sewer dungeon. We plan on doing that to all dungeons within time. It will have the following monsters and bosses (yes, REAL bosses with different phases and everything else that they come with!):
  • Mutated fish
  • Rats
  • Rat God
  • Blobs
  • "Slime balls"

Click image for larger version

Name:	fishyfishyqf6.png
Views:	329
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	46559Click image for larger version

Name:	sewerdesignfirstdraft.png
Views:	370
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	46560Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzle1ratdungeon.png
Views:	336
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	46561

We ARE looking for more help in the levels department.

Quests and Storyline

We want to have a lot more quests, both huge ones where you have to go do **** loads of stuff, solve puzzles, then get the reward and whatnot, but also minor ones that's located pretty much everywhere.
We also want to try and implement Worrian Order and Daednu Empire into the world.

I was going to post information about the mini bosses and the boss of the dungeon, but then I realized it'd be so much more fun to experience it in-game once it's done instead.

That's about it. We're just waiting for Stefan to transfer backups and we'll be back online, ready to continue working our assess off.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-22-2008, 01:57 AM
farte6 is an unknown quantity at this point
*shrugs* thats cool i guess.
When does the staff team become stable?
Old 11-22-2008, 02:34 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
baddy AI interests me, I'd like to see it in action
Old 11-22-2008, 02:54 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by farte6 View Post
*shrugs* thats cool i guess.
When does the staff team become stable?
I'd consider it stable (for Graal..) now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
baddy AI interests me, I'd like to see it in action
Once Stefan is finished with the backups, we'll start filling the old dungeons with NPC's (while we work on reinventing the wheel) - it'll be seen in action soon enough.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-22-2008, 05:09 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Good to see updates, can't wait to get Mal back.

Thanks for the update.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:49 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Who did the puzzle? He must be a genius!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
The baddies I'm constructing on Era do that exact same thing your arrow baddies do. I'm interested in how you went about this in comparison to me.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:34 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl0nkt View Post
The baddies I'm constructing on Era do that exact same thing your arrow baddies do. I'm interested in how you went about this in comparison to me.
Uhm? I'm doing something similar on Crystia, just not exactly the same.. And I started on Crystia's baddies long before I saw this thread or Era's baddie thread (the one you made). I think it's more that, many players want more smarter baddies then the typical hack-n-slash baddies.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
Uhm? I'm doing something similar on Crystia, just not exactly the same.. And I started on Crystia's baddies long before I saw this thread or Era's baddie thread (the one you made). I think it's more that, many players want more smarter baddies then the typical hack-n-slash baddies.
Was that witty post because I came off as a jerk or something?
Old 11-22-2008, 06:39 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Was Blonkt saying he stole the idea or asking how he went about it because it is always good to "share notes" on similar projects?
Old 11-22-2008, 06:42 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
nifty puzzle image

I can't beat your puzzle.

Both of the boxes that lead to "baddies" are labeled as "can only be walked through from above".
Old 11-22-2008, 06:42 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl0nkt View Post

How did you do it compared to how did he do it.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:32 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I can't beat your puzzle.

Both of the boxes that lead to "baddies" are labeled as "can only be walked through from above".
Yeah, I noticed that flaw when I came back to look at it.
But you no doubt understand how it should work, right?
Or did you get hit in the head with a brick too often?
Old 11-24-2008, 01:47 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Yeah, I noticed that flaw when I came back to look at it.
But you no doubt understand how it should work, right?
Or did you get hit in the head with a brick too often?
All the brick hitting taught me that working around the rules can get me hurt
Old 12-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Master of Puppets
We have the backups from Stefan back now, if you're still interested in knowing it Hachi, catch me on Graal and I'll demonstrate it if you want.