Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Hosted tab

I was thinking, why not make Hosted tab free for trials?

I think that would actually put a purpose for the hosted tab.
It's often just one or two halfassed servers, so you wouldn't lose anything of it, maybe gain some new people?

It sounds like a good idea to me. Feel free to prove me wrong. Discuss!

P.s. Don't tell me CJ won't do it, because that's up to them to decide. I already know that that's most likely the case.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:20 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
It'd be nice if it acted like a Classic server to players (So people with Classic Sub / Playerworlds wouldn't get thrown into Observer), but still requiring the gold and so on to develop and keep the server going.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Banned
Well, I got inspired by the thread called "Gold" were Dusty said something about Gold and silver.

Why just not have one price for gold, a smaller price for silver(classic) and bronze(hosted+trial) for free.

Gold should of course include everything. Silver includes Silver and Bronze. Bronze is included when registering.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Wouldn't be bad..
Old 10-06-2009, 08:00 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat View Post
Well, I got inspired by the thread called "Gold" were Dusty said something about Gold and silver.

Why just not have one price for gold, a smaller price for silver(classic) and bronze(hosted+trial) for free.

Gold should of course include everything. Silver includes Silver and Bronze. Bronze is included when registering.
hardly anyone would buy gold as hardly anyone still plays the gold servers.
But that's what i think, it would be a great idea tho!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:

would gold be playerworlds too?
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 10-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Banned
That's why I think the gold servers should be put on the silver tab, and New servers should enter the gold category. One example would be to put those servers that has the most players as gold, but they would only lose players that way. So it's not a good idea.

The gold tab serves no purpose anymore. Noone wants to pay for it. Most of the gold-subscribers play era, un or zodiac anyway (since they don't have classic lifetime subscription).

This is why I see a revamp of the categories would be in place. it doesn't work as it is right now, anyone can agree to that. I'd like to see a working system that works for the old players that just hang around for old times sake and for new players.

And especially gain new players. Making Bronze(Hosted+trial)-tab entirely free would possibly help gain new people. this way people still have to pay to gain the better servers.

It will also help the new hosted servers to gain players, and possibly be able to develop further to possibly move up to the silver(classic) tab.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I think the only problem with this is servers would have no incentive to get out of UC, as they can draw in a bigger crowd of players who don't have to pay.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Banned
If you do a good enough job, and the server moves from Bronze to Silver, it might aswell take some players with it.

I do think it would work.

And, people would still have to work their ass off to get from UC to Bronze.

UC would of course require Developer Gold or regular gold
Old 10-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
If you do a good enough job, and the server moves from Bronze to Silver, it might aswell take some players with it.

I do think it would work.

And, people would still have to work their ass off to get from UC to Bronze.

UC would of course require Developer Gold or regular gold
Problem is hosted/preview servers don't stay up for long anymore.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Banned
So, that's a good thing for CJ. :P They won't lose any money on it. It would possibly gain potential new players to the game. They got nothing to lose on it as far as I can see.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Why not do the gold silver bronze idea but keep the gelets system just it would be less gelets for a month of silver

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
Why not do the gold silver bronze idea but keep the gelets system just it would be less gelets for a month of silver
That's what I'm saying. I bet people would be more willing to buy more silver-time as well if it's cheaper.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
Haha, you got to be kiddin.
Gold, silver, bronze. Geez. It would cost a fortune for a player who wants to play classic servers, aswell as hosted and also work on his own UC Server...

OT:

It is a good idea, but it's pretty complicated. Then Hosted Tab would actually be "Classic Tab". = free for non gold players.

but all of this is pretty much irrelevant since Graal doesn't gain any players.
They are trying to get more money from less people, rather than getting little money from MORE people. The answer of the equation is that the remaining players are leaving.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
Haha, you got to be kiddin.
Gold, silver, bronze. Geez. It would cost a fortune for a player who wants to play classic servers, aswell as hosted and also work on his own UC Server...
No, I think you missunderstand. Gold includes everything. Silver only includes Silver + Bronze.
And Bronze is default for trials

Quote:
OT:

It is a good idea, but it's pretty complicated. Then Hosted Tab would actually be "Classic Tab". = free for non gold players.
No, free for all.

Quote:
but all of this is pretty much irrelevant since Graal doesn't gain any players.
They are trying to get more money from less people, rather than getting little money from MORE people. The answer of the equation is that the remaining players are leaving.
This is an idea to gain players while not losing anything on it.

I hope this clarifies.