Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Chang
DesolateRestriction will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatred89 View Post
hosted servers required people to get gold to develop on them or maybe at least silver
It might give incentive to people who normally wouldn't upgrade to upgrade to develop on a server.

This would kill any and all motivation to develop on a hosted server.

"Hey, let me pay to develop on a server that I'm not even sure will make Classic status"

The old system was fine. Trials could not be any staff, all stats were wiped upon disconnection, trials could not spar, etc.

The only problem with the old system is that there was no incentive to upgrade to VIP once the gold servers' quality started to decline (aka "got boring" ).

So you guys can sit around and think of a million different ways to make people pay (or not pay) for Graal, but in the end the only thing that will make a difference is higher quality playerworlds.

Last edited by DesolateRestriction; 10-12-2009 at 11:04 PM..
Old 10-14-2009, 03:50 AM
AEON Manager
Hatred89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Hatred89
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesolateRestriction View Post
This would kill any and all motivation to develop on a hosted server.

"Hey, let me pay to develop on a server that I'm not even sure will make Classic status"

The old system was fine. Trials could not be any staff, all stats were wiped upon disconnection, trials could not spar, etc.

The only problem with the old system is that there was no incentive to upgrade to VIP once the gold servers' quality started to decline (aka "got boring" ).

So you guys can sit around and think of a million different ways to make people pay (or not pay) for Graal, but in the end the only thing that will make a difference is higher quality playerworlds.
Correct me if I am wrong because I might of read your post wrong but.. you have to upgrade now... so that DOES kill motivation right? Your talking like you don't have to upgrade to pay. I am just saying if you didn't have to pay to play then people could become more interested in the server then they might pay to develop? I sorta get what your saying.. if you take away the you don't have to pay to play then who would pay to develop?