Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
Currency items 4 account bound too..
Ultimately the problem is the lib limitations. Although, in regards to currency items, I would rather see them available to anyone. That balances the goal of the game (to make money) and the players (they can trade in-game items for currency items).
Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Ultimately the problem is the lib limitations. Although, in regards to currency items, I would rather see them available to anyone. That balances the goal of the game (to make money) and the players (they can trade in-game items for currency items).
Both approaches (account bound vs not) have worked well for different games so I'm not gonna argue with that. Seems fair enough.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:07 PM
DripZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DripZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Yes, in my opinion the XMas Dungeons and Easter Dungeons have to go. So people do crypts again and go leveling in the samurai dungeons. It was much more fun when you had to fight for a leveling spot when all the spots were blocked already.

But yeah, the Items are way to overpowered. The Green Easter shield for example has almost the same stats then an ASoD, and is like 10ec, whcih is ridicilous..
If by any chance they are taking away they wont help GK player count in anyway some people do enjoy going to the xmas dungeon and getting tokens and slowly saving up for a Tyrant box. Though the Easter dungeon atm has no use. I feel like it's there just so people can see the dungeon and it's monsters.

From my perspective if the xmas does happen to be taking away absolutely nobody will crypt the exp per completed crypt is terrible. I'm not saying a lot of people atm use the xmas dungeon I'm saying it's used much more frequently than crypt is. One of the problems is just that (its far to hard to gain items that are in your intrest)
Old 08-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Those item designers bro. So gud. they done 10x more than any other item designer..

I don't think removing content is the right way to go though honestly. Balancing the content is a much better alternative. People don't want to be forced into vanirs because the better alternatives were closed off. I'd rather see the different instances balanced around currency drops and pretty equal exp. Vanir essences used to craft certain items? (Not the ridic HEY 4000 VANIR ESSECNE FOR THIS SUB PAR CASTER CHEST @EC SHOP) More like a few vanir essences (or any variation of currency), and a few other new currency items? Eggs from easter dungeon, whatever from xmas dungeon (pls not xmas tokens..). Make people explore all sorts of dungeons in order to craft whatev they need.

Currency items 4 account bound too..
It would be much more interesting to reactive the brutal/immense and lower level maps. They are just worthless at the moment, thats why in my opinion that "season" dungeons should be gone. Special drops for crafting items or quests is a nice idea though.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DripZ View Post
If by any chance they are taking away they wont help GK player count in anyway some people do enjoy going to the xmas dungeon and getting tokens and slowly saving up for a Tyrant box. Though the Easter dungeon atm has no use. I feel like it's there just so people can see the dungeon and it's monsters.

From my perspective if the xmas does happen to be taking away absolutely nobody will crypt the exp per completed crypt is terrible. I'm not saying a lot of people atm use the xmas dungeon I'm saying it's used much more frequently than crypt is. One of the problems is just that (its far to hard to gain items that are in your intrest)
Honestly, the XMAS dungeons should be removed or ATLEAST the exp boost should be lowered drastically. I mean I can level someone to level 60 (whatever skill) in just like 3-4 hours which is just crazy. People full their skills in 2-3 weeks and then they get bored and wont play anymore.
I wish some items would not exist at all (green easter shields, red easter shields, yellow easter shields, blue easter shields...)

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
It would be much more interesting to reactive the brutal/immense and lower level maps. They are just worthless at the moment, thats why in my opinion that "season" dungeons should be gone. Special drops for crafting items or quests is a nice idea though.
I consider brutals/imms mid tier leveling tools.

The problem atm is that it's too beneficial to go straight to xmas dungeon over doing a bunch of maps instead before hitting the appropriate level to enter the dungeon.

Forcing content on people is never a good idea. Especially when the content you're forcing on people is a currency item like maps. Not good.

If the exp balancing was done right in the first place you'd have a natural progression through main dungeon/haunted house > maps > xmas+vanirs as the end game grind.

Again the problem with maps being part of the natural progression is that they're a pain to get compared to the 24/7 open dungeons.

To build on what you're saying: a new tier of maps would be an alternative. High level maps with actual rewards (not 250 plat bro)
Quote:
Old 08-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsilon View Post
I agree with all of it. I don't think any sort of event improvements are going to effect player count or overall quality of play in a significant way. It takes about a month of hardcore play to effectively reach end game now-a-days. The incentive to keep grinding away at anything (dungeons, alchemy, what have you) beyond this are minimal. If you don't enjoy bsing in trade, or casual play, you're done for until some new holiday content comes around.

If there was some constant incentive to engage in pvp, (like some on going kingdom conflict, or something) maybe this would be a little different. But as it is, no such incentive exists. People gear for pvp, but there is no good reason to go outside and get your butt kicked/kick butt.
That's a problem 1 month to beat end game. Though I doubt you even have to hardcore play. Yeah I totally agree it's just that GK is like limited to the amount of stuff you can do to consume time, I agree most people now are waiting for the holidays.

Hopefully the new upcoming updates which Nico was saying will be a good addition to GK and it's population. I wish there would be an incentive to engage in PvP. Nowadays it's just very simple to get good gear that normally most people will always be geared with gear that Is ''god tier''.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Honestly, the XMAS dungeons should be removed or ATLEAST the exp boost should be lowered drastically. I mean I can level someone to level 60 (whatever skill) in just like 3-4 hours which is just crazy. People full their skills in 2-3 weeks and then they get bored and wont play anymore.
I wish some items would not exist at all (green easter shields, red easter shields, yellow easter shields, blue easter shields...)
The exp is good for a limited time though if the xmas dungeon is taking away the players will be forced to get high phys just to grind zombies... If the exp is that fast it should get lowered.

It's to late to wish items don't exist at all tbh (Unless) we're able to pawn/sell the items for a reasonable price yet again they're on par with the best shields in the game once everyone sells theirs and 1 hoarder comes on the price is same as hsoh. People just value them tremendously lower because of the GFX and possibly the amount of them released. Normally if shields the same as Heart Shield of Health get released that should drastically lower the price of HSoH only because there's at least 20-30 of every colour Easter Shield 1-3 of every colour would not have caused a problem.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Again the problem with maps being part of the natural progression is that they're a pain to get compared to the 24/7 open dungeons.
I'm okay with levelling being linked to currency; in my opinion the economy of GK is the best asset. A player levelling should be forced into the economy, a result of this is that they must make social connections.

From this whole process the player develops rivals and friends, which helps feel the sense of community on GK. I can certainly agree that the progression has been thrown out of whack. Turning the xmas dungeon into something like a rare (valuable) map does seem like a practical option.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm okay with levelling being linked to currency; in my opinion the economy of GK is the best asset. A player levelling should be forced into the economy, a result of this is that they must make social connections.

From this whole process the player develops rivals and friends, which helps feel the sense of community on GK. I can certainly agree that the progression has been thrown out of whack. Turning the xmas dungeon into something like a rare (valuable) map does seem like a practical option.
Yeah I've got no problem with leveling tied to currency either. It's just that it's not a viable option since the better alternatives are open 24/7. Would be cool to see a xmas dungeon key or something or AN ICE PICK to get into the dungeon. It could be an ec crafted item as well as dropped item from monsters in the xmas dungeon (at a low rate i guess). Similar approach for easter if it'd prove necessary but i doubt it.

This makes people think twice before they rush into xmas dungeon and it would at least provide a decent ec sink.

That or have it a low ass drop rate from monsters in maps. Since a high level player shouldn't die in xmas dungeon unless he's beyond terrible it would be a nice boost to the exp grind when you'd happen to find one or ust bring some extra coin by selling it off. If you're low level and try to go in there you get beat the fuk up.
Quote:
Old 08-14-2012, 10:29 PM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
I agree the server needs many changes. Felix has a good idea with a required key for the xmas dungeon. I think that will open up the other options that the server has. (maps, crypt, and kingdom dungeons.) I do believe that the xmas dungeon needs to have an experience decrease though. If the exp you get from it doesn't get nerfed a little players will just continue to go there anyway... Felix also mentioned another tier map which I think would be needed if GK changed the xmas dungeon. The reason for that is players would just go the samurai dungeon and idle farm there instead. I do agree there is a lack of content on GK, but there is also a lack of developers to make these happen.

Nico and I have been working on some new events on Debug the last couple days. This will help with the same events being hosted over and over again. However, after reading these post I have gotten a few new ideas for in game content and will run it by Stephen and Tig to see what they think. I have been trying to come up with new ideas for the server and I have also asked you the players for ideas. Not many of you actually help. These post are a little more helpful... but I would still like more opinions on some in game content. Feel free the leave your messages here or pm me ingame. Google docs is also a good place to make organized and detailed descriptions on some new content. Having said that... please remember that the lack of developers for GK will cause a delay in progress. I will do what I can to get some of them worked on. No promises though.

Quote:
Those item designers bro. So gud. they done 10x more than any other item designer..
These stats were chosen by Obs311, so your little rage fits you have towards me just show you are childish. Please stop posting your non-sense in the forums. It's getting old... You have some great ideas and if you would like to discuss them with me in detail I would be happy to try and work on some though. Just let me know.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin View Post

These stats were chosen by Obs311, so your little rage fits you have towards me just show you are childish. Please stop posting your non-sense in the forums. It's getting old... You have some great ideas and if you would like to discuss them with me in detail I would be happy to try and work on some though. Just let me know.
woah brody don't take everything as a jab against you personally. and given john's track record i'm surprised you went to him for item stats... archers... ec shop... 35 ec.... hm.. yes john was the man for the job def. no offense to john or anything but he clearly doesn't know what the **** he's doin

and i honestly don't have time to dedicate to gk other than the few minutes i spend posting random **** on here. i've had my fun on the server and now i have other things to occupy myself with.
Quote:
Old 08-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Not to mention everyone getting reset and not fully restored properly :o
Old 08-15-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Not to mention everyone getting reset and not fully restored properly :o
You completely just switched the topic around :P You're question should be answered by a staff i wouldn't want to tell you something I'm unsure of.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:25 AM
Wicked Britishman
avengis is on a distinguished road
im new to GK after all these years of classic playerworlds and i dont know what to say about this apart from as a noobie, im lost and Gk confuses me but im trying my hardest to get into it
Closed Thread