Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 06:13 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Despite denying everything Tim said earlier, I'm all for doing something totally crazy and trying this load-out thing.

To be 100% honest, all you'd have to do is temporarily disable the gun classes, and then make a rugged gui to allow players to select one of a couple premade 'sets' of guns when they login. I'm sure Alfonso or even Tim could do this in an afternoon.

Make them function like gangguns where they're untradable and poof if u logoff. Copy/paste a working gun class to this set of guns along with some balanced stats (you'd only need like 25-30 guns, it wouldn't take more than an hour to make them). Just like "Guns2/Mp5 Navy", all you'd change is some stats if anything should the sets have inherent balance. Any monkey with an NC can handle this.

Try it out for a month and see where it goes, bring the new year in with some bang.

Doesn't work out? Toggle which gun classes are enabled... ~60 seconds.

Sounds like fun.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Despite denying everything Tim said earlier, I'm all for doing something totally crazy and trying this load-out thing.

To be 100% honest, all you'd have to do is temporarily disable the gun classes, and then make a rugged gui to allow players to select one of a couple premade 'sets' of guns when they login. I'm sure Alfonso or even Tim could do this in an afternoon.

Make them function like gangguns where they're untradable and poof if u logoff. Copy/paste a working gun class to this set of guns along with some balanced stats (you'd only need like 25-30 guns, it wouldn't take more than an hour to make them). Just like "Guns2/Mp5 Navy", all you'd change is some stats if anything should the sets have inherent balance. Any monkey with an NC can handle this.

Try it out for a month and see where it goes, bring the new year in with some bang.

Doesn't work out? Toggle which gun classes are enabled... ~60 seconds.

Sounds like fun.
I feel like with your approval/backing of the idea this might actually get somewhere, now I would love if we started having some stat combinations/set of weapons thrown down.

In my opinion; (Weapon set one)
Mp5 Navy (0.05 freeze doing 14 damage, spread near nill and reload medium) (forgot fire rate; fast)
M3 Shotgun (0.1 freeze doing 16 damage, bullet spread normal and reload medium) (forgot fire rate; medium
Glock18 (0.1 freeze doing 14 damage, spread near nill and reload medium) (forgot fire rate; medium)

In my opinion; (Weapon set two)
Ak47 (0.1 freeze doing 22 damage, bullet spread medium and reload high) (forgot fire rate; medium)
PBP Shotgun (0.15 freeze doing 19 damage, bullet spread normal and reload high) (forgot fire rate; slow)
Luger (0.15 freeze doing 20 damage, bullet spread near nill and reload high) (forgot fire rate; slow)

I like to think that the way you have to play Era will change, you will use your complete set and use it wisely and learn to use it in all positions, now is the time for change, so if you're a bit off about the two different sets I listed feel free to adjust them with your own opinions but I think something along these lines is smart.

Last edited by Godzilla; 01-03-2014 at 07:14 AM..
Old 01-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
i am for it if you wanna test it out. never said it was a bad idea. just don't think it is needed. as long as we are just testing it out for a while then i am fine with it. i am just one player though.

just need someone that is actually good at balancing weapons. don't forget about hp. not everyone has the same hp level.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:10 AM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
all i know is, if we continue to keep money in the game, at least make expensive weapons worth it *cough* ove *cough* p90 *cough* k180s *cough*
Old 01-04-2014, 03:19 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Dude, good idea. Let's make more OP'd guns!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Dude, good idea. Let's make more OP'd guns!
not op'd just worth the money we spend.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:49 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Can you just stop posting ikki? You have nothing good to say and everything you say makes me want to eat glass.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Ok? Go eat glass then no one is stopping you.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:28 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Gun distribution change will be quite the shift. I'm not sure how effective it will be though.
Last night I witnessed 3 players in a 10ish player ulms constantly say "leave" and rejoin instead of taking a death. This among other things (running, laming, shotgun spamming, etc) leads me to believe that the lack of fun many of us get from gameplay isn't from how things are set up gun wise, it's more of a player mentality problem. People want to get the most kills while getting the least deaths at any cost. Far behind us are the days when running was incredibly shameful, as some have brought up. Some things that have only made this problem worse and provided more incentive to run are the killstreak and new bounty system. Who wouldn't want to keep juggernaut forever when it can make you nigh unkillable and what reason other than "honor" would someone fight to the death and accept their loss when they're at 14 kills and almost have a supply drop? There is none.

I'm skeptical to think that changing the system to be based around guns will change the gameplay. To make money you kill people and you lose none when you die, so why would people want to regain the past perception of honor? I feel like incentives would need to be put in place to counteract the change in mindset since that seems to be the true problem here, not stats or wealth or the gun system (even though they all contribute a bit)
Old 01-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
In my opinion; (Weapon set one)
Mp5 Navy (0.05 freeze doing 14 damage, spread near nill and reload medium) (forgot fire rate; fast)
M3 Shotgun (0.1 freeze doing 16 damage, bullet spread normal and reload medium) (forgot fire rate; medium
Glock18 (0.1 freeze doing 14 damage, spread near nill and reload medium) (forgot fire rate; medium)

In my opinion; (Weapon set two)
Ak47 (0.1 freeze doing 22 damage, bullet spread medium and reload high) (forgot fire rate; medium)
PBP Shotgun (0.15 freeze doing 19 damage, bullet spread normal and reload high) (forgot fire rate; slow)
Luger (0.15 freeze doing 20 damage, bullet spread near nill and reload high) (forgot fire rate; slow)
What's the difference between normal and medium spread?
And why does a pump action shotgun (M3) have the same rate of fire as a machine pistol (Glock 18)?

Also this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
all i know is, if we continue to keep money in the game, at least make expensive weapons worth it *cough* ove *cough* p90 *cough* k180s *cough*

Last edited by Fiberwyre_P2P; 01-07-2014 at 09:02 PM..
Old 01-09-2014, 03:47 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
it was fun tossing around ideas but I know realistically this will never happen.

I just find it sad that iera brings in 2,000+ player counts and pc era can barely hold 30 active players. I can log on iera and net a lot of kills with just the starter handgun. I even did pretty decent in spars against some players that had "better" weapons.

then again, graal as a pc client in general is pretty dead, not just era specifically. so maybe the content of era isn't to blame here.

I just really enjoy discussion and figured I would spark some here on the forums with ideas that are more out of the ordinary and against popular desire. plus the fact that nostalgia has hit me greatly and with all the good memories I have of this game I really want to see it thrive and expand.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:13 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
to be fair, comparing the two platforms seems p.silly

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Nothing will change, nothing will be able to get better and nothing will be done to turn the potential into fulfilling content at-least with the way the community and staff are today.

Probably the best statement I have ever heard; "The people of Era would rather scam each other and make them quit or get them so deep in trouble that they get banned than to be so much better than them that they give up"

It's true, especially from majority of the Staff Team, personal vendetta's need to stop, we need to move as one motion if we want the game to succeed, good luck with that though.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:44 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Somewhat on topic. I fixed the intrusion system that was apart of gangs in the good ole' days. It messages online gang members that there's an intruder in the base. Just gotta look into preventing too much spam during raids.

edit: Also, not sure who decided to remove gangs from being able to open their own base doors... Fixed it though.

Last edited by Tim_Rocks; 01-10-2014 at 10:36 AM..
Old 01-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Also what happened to sewer access to bases? Seems that's gone as well. ;(