Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Yes, but you only get the pack by upgrading.
Which is stupid in my opinion.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:47 PM
hunterhunk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Era has access to the accounts folder now, so putting an NPC down when the player logs off (only once been attacked within 30 seconds or so...?) shouldn't cause lag. Just modify the accounts folder when the NPC is destroyed (after 5 seconds, or once it dies)
Yeah I like this idea. This will pretty much assure players do not log off.

To fix the running idea: Is there a way to make it so players on gang tag can't enter no pk zones at all if they are hit by bullets or below 60 hp? This could pretty much help solve the solution to running. I think this could be difficult to do. Maybe use Salesman's idea to put HP doors inside the base, just anything to assure that players can't run anymore.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Gets abused by people who aren't noobs.
Then add no-pk flower levels so us noobs can work in peace without some 3000 hour dip**** trying to kill us every chance he gets.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Everytime I see ya...
Old_Days is an unknown quantity at this point
Heres a good one, no scripting needed:

Legalize Scamming
Old 05-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Then add no-pk flower levels so us noobs can work in peace without some 3000 hour dip**** trying to kill us every chance he gets.
flower picking pays about $40 a minute, if you make the yellow mum, pink aster, sunflower bouquet and just pick flowers until you're full before making the bouquets.

shell digging is also only done in PK zones and also pays about $40 a minute, if you pick shells on the beach outside the shell hut until you're full.

mail delivery is done mostly in pk zones as well. you get paid $5-7 per letter and letters can take from 20 to 90 seconds to deliver. this job isn't really worth doing in its current state. i was going to balance it when we made pizza making, but i wanted to make it so you got a bag of 6 letters that showed as a list on the side of your screen, and you had to deliver the whole bag in less than 3 minutes and get back to the post office and you got paid $30+ however much time was left in seconds.

trash picking is done in PK zones as well, but doesn't pay as consistently as other jobs. trash picking comes down to luck and how many other people are trash picking, since trash only spawns every hour and the amount is trash is based on the current playercount. i used to run around for 15 minutes every hour and pick trash, ignoring tires in favor of newspapers because you can carry more of them. i'd make about $600 each run, which makes about $40 a minute as well.

car missions take place in pk zones as well, they have the biggest entry cost and an ongoing fuel cost. the amount you get paid is relative to the amount of time it takes you to pick up and drop off the NPC, where the time allowed is based on the mission. I've only ever gotten $11-15 for these missions, and they take about 30-40 seconds each. so again it pays slightly worse than other jobs and is kind of fun to start with but gets boring eventually.

mining is one of the safe jobs, but it has an entry cost (drill and batteries). it also pays slightly worse than other jobs. at level 1 it takes 50-60 seconds to mine 1 rock. mining is capped at level 120, where it would take 15 seconds to mine one rock. and even then you'd need every rock to be gold or better to make $40 a minute so it's probably not worth doing mining if you're just looking to sell minerals to the shop, but you can make a fair bit selling iron and lead to the player businesses.

pizza making is the other safe job and it pays about $40 a minute if you make supreme pizzas. it's close to unstick me but for some reason people don't use it as much. i'm guessing because it's not well known, or very repetitive.

so as you can see most jobs are done in only pk zones. shell digging is even scripted so that you can't dig at unstick me because it's no-pk. And if you read through all that you'll probably see that pizza making is probably the best job, at least until mining, car missions and mail delivery get balanced to $40 a minute.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:22 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
*Insert Demisis' long job outline post here*
No offense, but what you claim to be the outline of jobs is really inaccurate...

1. Flower picking, is about accurate due to using a boomerang (Claimed to be 2x faster) the average is 87$ a minute when Reece ran tests on it at a nonstop robotic pace. But it encompasses the entire gmap and you're generally always moving in areas people don't generally hang out and pk, so your death chances are less likely than shovelling.

2. Shell digging has a small entry fee, and you need to include the cost of continuously repairing shovels, plus the valuable time it takes to run in, and grab 10$ from the ATM or sell 10$ worth of shells to repair it. Also shell digging usually involves staying in the same small general arena along the beach near the shack, which is a popular pking area for parties and newbs.

3. Mail delivery also has you usually moving, and you can even use your skateboard to get it done faster. If you're familiar with era, you can usually deliver them in under 30 seconds going from the central post office. Not the best job.

4. Car missions, usually done for fun at first but not really worth the price of a car and gas. But despite being in a pk zone, you're in a freaking car... if you manage to die then you must have had .5 hp.

5. Mining can be boring but it a safe job, it can be done by multiple people at once, and doesn't really cost that much to keep your drill charged. Plus it is the only job that has room for improvement. Wall mining is only realistic from levels 1-10ish because during that time it takes the same amount of time to do TNT as wall mining so its not worth the 15$. But after that point it gets a lot faster, eventually turning into the best job on the server. If you happen to check out the new mining stats, you get on average 9.66$ per rock. And when at level 120 you have a distinct possibility to 1 hit a rock a good percentage of the time which can give you 10$ every few seconds.

6. Pizza making (obviously your favorite job) is actually well known.. I've seen s with under a hour figure out where it is and how to do it. But as you said it is verrrry repetitive but doesn't really make as much as you predict. The only upside is it is a safe job, and probably better than level 1-5 mining. (the slow start)

tl;dr He lies!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:06 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Mining is probably the best job. There are some stats here as well (it was "buffed" recently).
Old 05-16-2010, 04:06 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
Car missions are the best!!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 04:41 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Unfix cars so they can stolen again
Old 05-16-2010, 04:48 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
I feel like my eyes would shrivel up and fall out if I got to 251 mining.....
Old 05-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
ya so my point was that its stupidly difficult for a noob like me to start off on era because im the majority of the worthwhile jobs i'm too busy getting my ass pked by some 3000 hour douchebag.

and yes im being specific about this 3000 hour person because it actually did happen and completely ruined it for me and a friend

if mining is good then ill pick up on that i guess...or pizza making
Old 05-16-2010, 05:37 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
Who pked you pluffy?
Old 05-16-2010, 06:29 AM
iRedemption is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterhunk View Post
Yeah I like this idea. This will pretty much assure players do not log off.

To fix the running idea: Is there a way to make it so players on gang tag can't enter no pk zones at all if they are hit by bullets or below 60 hp? This could pretty much help solve the solution to running. I think this could be difficult to do. Maybe use Salesman's idea to put HP doors inside the base, just anything to assure that players can't run anymore.
just block off the exits in gang bases rofl. get rid of the b3 (sewer level) in elevators too.

I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THAT CARS SHOULD DO DMG AGAIN WHEN YOU HIT SOMEBODY.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman13x View Post
Who pked you pluffy?
some guy named nex or so
Old 05-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
some guy named nex or so
That guy is honestly always like that.
Was he using his Crizen? (shoots big blue bullets)

I remember for about a month straight any time I was running around killing people, Nex would just pop out from behind a tree somewhere when one or both of us were on low health and jump into the fight stealing my kills.