Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Hello and Goodbyes
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-25-2004, 03:39 PM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Time to re-upgrade

As soon as the new scripting engine is out....

Been waiting... for... a... very very very long time.
How's that going by the way? My original plan was to re-upgrade when that becomes available to the graalian public.

Merry Christmas, Happy new Year.

Happy Birthday to Jesus and all that.

But I don't really believe Santa was a boy raised my fairies.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 12-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
As soon as the new scripting engine is out....

Been waiting... for... a... very very very long time.
How's that going by the way? My original plan was to re-upgrade when that becomes available to the graalian public.

Merry Christmas, Happy new Year.

Happy Birthday to Jesus and all that.

But I don't really believe Santa was a boy raised my fairies.
I think that the new engine is on Zone, as Stefan as been working on it quite a bit recently, no idea of a release date but if there is a public world fully working with the new engine, I doubt much more needs to be done before a full release.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Only on the serverside part of Zone yet, as Zone still supports Graal v2.
The Graal3d client supports new gscript, but I think the server needs to be aware of that and send the scripts in a special format.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:00 AM
The David
Projectshifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel
Only on the serverside part of Zone yet, as Zone still supports Graal v2.
The Graal3d client supports new gscript, but I think the server needs to be aware of that and send the scripts in a special format.
To my knowledge the clientside portion doesn't work on servers. We tested it on Bravo and simple things such as function onCreated() and sendtorc() failed to work, even with serveroptions having v3 enabled. Also, please stop posting links to your very very biased Wiki system. Your link to Spark was totally biased and inappropriate.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:52 AM
Supreme Dictator
xManiamaNx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xManiamaNx Send a message via Yahoo to xManiamaNx
There is nothing wrong with the wiki. It can be freely modified by almost anyone.

Play Maloria Now: [2.3] [3]
Maloria Website

Old 12-26-2004, 06:56 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectshifter
To my knowledge the clientside portion doesn't work on servers. We tested it on Bravo and simple things such as function onCreated() and sendtorc() failed to work, even with serveroptions having v3 enabled. Also, please stop posting links to your very very biased Wiki system. Your link to Spark was totally biased and inappropriate.
If you don't like it, make a change. The entire point of a Wiki is that users can submit changes. So stuff it.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:54 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Wrong forum!!! Goto hello+goodbye!
Old 12-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Your link to Spark was totally biased and inappropriate.
Yeah, sorry. There were some edits on that page the last night that are very biased towards Spark. I will fix them after I get back home later today, and marked the page for review until then. [Edit] Fixed. Use the talk page to discuss further issues please, as this is rather offtopic on the Graal forums.[/Edit]

Quote:
To my knowledge the clientside portion doesn't work on servers. We tested it on Bravo and simple things such as function onCreated() and sendtorc() failed to work, even with serveroptions having v3 enabled.
Yup, that is what I meant: The server has to compile the clientside scripts before sending them to the client. Mind to update the wiki about the v31enabled server option?

Last edited by Loriel; 12-26-2004 at 07:42 PM..
Old 12-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
On serverside the new scripting engine is working quite good, it is used on Zone, Graal3D and we have a test server for Graal Kingdoms where we also test the new mudlib for item & stats management. For clientside we need to fix some errors which crash the game (some people reported problems on Graal Kingdoms with the Graal3D client), and the functions for displaying 3D objects in 2D Graal need to be finished. The playerlist might also need some minor imporvements to actually convince players to use the new client.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:13 AM
The David
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
On serverside the new scripting engine is working quite good, it is used on Zone, Graal3D and we have a test server for Graal Kingdoms where we also test the new mudlib for item & stats management. For clientside we need to fix some errors which crash the game (some people reported problems on Graal Kingdoms with the Graal3D client), and the functions for displaying 3D objects in 2D Graal need to be finished. The playerlist might also need some minor imporvements to actually convince players to use the new client.
The playerlist is a big turn off for people, and the PMs (which are basically the same type of system). Was thinking perhaps ignore and buddies could perhaps be saved serverside now rather than clientside, or "IP block" someone. Dunno, your call. But PMs are rather annoying in the new engine. I think players are also turned off due to the lack of being able to save a password. I am kind of upset that certain globals save their passwords even x.x Won't mention names (for obvious reasons), but it is much better to just memorize it. I've memorized about 6 Graal passwords, but most people don't want to do that, they just want to click start and be done with it.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:59 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
I just keep my passwords inside a randomly named file. It's easy and secure.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:24 AM
The David
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
I just keep my passwords inside a randomly named file. It's easy and secure.
Makes much more sense than just saving it in the program
Old 12-28-2004, 01:40 AM
Scr1pt3r-ish
Andares is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Andares
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel
Yup, that is what I meant: The server has to compile the clientside scripts before sending them to the client. Mind to update the wiki about the v31enabled server option?
Almost like a bird chewing food before it gives it to its young, don't you think?

I heard that GS1 and GS2 could be intermixed, (Which is, in my opinion, a bad idea) so if 1 was compiled, how would that be possible?
<Wan> Ahhhhhh
Aim: AtariTandy | Job: Sanstrata)
Old 12-28-2004, 01:47 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andares
Almost like a bird chewing food before it gives it to its young, don't you think?
Probably not.

Quote:
I heard that GS1 and GS2 could be intermixed [...] so if 1 was compiled, how would that be possible?
'GS1' is a subset of 'GS2'.