Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Man of the King
super_matt89 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to super_matt89 Send a message via AIM to super_matt89 Send a message via Yahoo to super_matt89
Changing Account name.

I wasn't sure where too post this but this is mainly addressed to Bell. Is there anyway at all that one could get their account name changed to something desired? Would it cost money?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

~Core

Old 12-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I don't think you can easily change a pre-community name account(hence why community names were made), because each server stores your account data in a file named after your account. So, if you change your account name everything screws up. Perhaps the only thing you can do is get a new account with a community name and hope they can transfer it(though you lose Lifetime Classic if you have it).
Old 12-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Changing account names is entirely possible.
Stephen got his account changed from Zero Hour(?) to Stephen not too long ago.

You'll keep your hours, kills and deaths on servers. Any flags or strings set on your account will be kept as well. The only things that would be missing are things like money in your bank account on Era, which are stored in a database that references your account name.

It's highly unlikely that you'll get your account name changed though, since there is no accounts admin anymore and all account related issues are "handled" by Unixmad

----------

P.S. Whats up? You still working at the pizza hut in town?
Old 12-26-2009, 11:05 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Actually, Stephen didn't get his account changed, he got a new account called Stephen and had his forum information transferred to it.

You can't get your account renamed unless you have a community name.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 12-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Actually, Stephen didn't get his account changed, he got a new account called Stephen and had his forum information transferred to it.

You can't get your account renamed unless you have a community name.
Ah. I remember somebody else doing something similar a few years ago. I think it was Morgoth, made a new account as well and got Lyndzey to transfer in-game info for him. But I guess that's the same sort of deal, totally new account and not just a re-name.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Man of the King
super_matt89 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to super_matt89 Send a message via AIM to super_matt89 Send a message via Yahoo to super_matt89
Well the main thing I wanna keep is kills/deaths and hours. Doesn't Bell handle accounts anymore?

My account is an old one so Im not sure if its community or not.. err if i bought another account.. i can't get it transfered because Unixmad is the only person that can handle accounts?

----
Haha Demisis, how did you know that? I worked there when I was like 14 man, I'm a screen printer now days. I'm 20!

Old 12-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Kanto League Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_matt89 View Post
Haha Demisis, how did you know that? I worked there when I was like 14 man, I'm a screen printer now days. I'm 20!
I talked to you on classic once or twice a few years ago (I guess 6 years ago).

Weird how many people from our small town play graal.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:08 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
It is possible, but it's a lot of work. The more servers you playing the more work to rename stuff. Transferring of forum data is comparatively simple.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Would it be possible to recruit someone for that kind of task ? I'd be willing to do it for free, if my own gets renamed =P
Old 12-26-2009, 03:38 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
Would it be possible to recruit someone for that kind of task ? I'd be willing to do it for free, if my own gets renamed =P
You need global lvl 4 admin rights and best knowledge of mud_libs and somewhat else...
Old 12-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Hhmm okay. Will see that in a couple of years lol
Old 12-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Hmm, I'm pretty sure Bell never could change account names anyway, you'd likely have been referred to Stefan who would then contact Unixmad, assuming it even went ahead and got that far in discussion.

Side note to take under advisement though is that Bell isn't gone. She's still Accounts Admin, still the man...figuratively speaking. She's just on a leave of absence. That said, Tig and I have both been given the same rights as Bell has and are acting in her place in the Accounts Department. I don't think this had been announced properly, so I guess it was overlooked. Either way, you don't have to fret and worry about trying to get in contact with Unixmad. Truth be known, you probably would have had a hard time doing so anyway.

Lastly, Pizza Hut in town? My friends brother works there. While I was staying at my friends place a while back, we used to get him to bring home some pizzas for dinner. Late dinner at 11pm, but it was worth the wait for discounted pizzas haha.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·