Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Information
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-23-2004, 08:17 PM
Seif al Din Nasar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Seif al Din Nasar
Item Storage?

Yes, I'm a newbie so I don't know much about Kingdoms... so...
Is there some place where people can store their items so that they don't get weighed down? I mean like a place available to the general public, but where things are safe from being stolen? Know what I mean?
Old 03-23-2004, 09:04 PM
narkotic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to narkotic
Player housing is provided for this.

The problem with player housing, is you can only get access to a place to build a house when you join a kingdom. In order to join a kingdom, you have to have the ability to roleplay, or for some other groups, some experience with the game to join.

After that you can buy a deed, place it somewhere and get someone with the rights in your kingdom to authorize it, and you have the long process of building the house using raw materials (too many nails, too many boards, too many stones). After all that, your house will be complete, you'll get a key to it, and you'll be set until the durability of the house goes down, which you'll have to do repairs.

Sometimes you'll see people broadcasting that they are selling their house. That is also a good time to pick one up.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Foxy
Butz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Butz
Another idea, though much less secure than the playerhouses, are the bury bags. These can be made in Hirathia, and they allow you to store items inside of them.
When dropped on the ground, they become buried. You can later dig them up with a shovel by digging in the area where it was buried.
You would do well to pick a spot that isn't frequented by digging people. Areas that are bad ideas to bury include towns, map entrance areas, and around lumber mills.
To help you remember where you left your bag, you can create a marker on your map.
Press 'M' to bring up the map of the island, and drag one of the markers one the side over to the spot on the map where you left the bag. Use the /setmarker command to name it something.
Ex: /setmarker My Stash
Be warned though, that even if you bury away from common areas, if someone else comes by and digs in that spot, they can find it, so be sure not to store your extremely valuable items in this manner.
Good luck!

FoxKelfonne @ DeviantART(updated: Dec 14, 2010)
Many Thanks to konidias for my avatar

Shawn Kelfonne - Aegis Mage of Dustari
Old 03-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
Quote:
Originally posted by narkotic
Sometimes you'll see people broadcasting that they are selling their house. That is also a good time to pick one up.
En contraire - never ever do that. There will most likely be a spare masterkey somewhere, and some day your house will be cleaned from your items. While a house of your own requires many items, it's a good amount for a house of your own. You can try to buy these items, which will be a much better idea than buying a house.

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 03-25-2004, 11:52 PM
TB3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to TB3
And to prevent not being able to find your bury bag @ all cause I ran into this problem take a snapshot of where you burried it and use a marker like said above to ensure that you come to the right place

To the sun of your age, I arise
Old 06-28-2004, 07:10 AM
The Dyamond
Lockedown5000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lockedown5000
Arg, when I was a newbie, I dug up a bury bag (since some fool buried it in BOMBORIA) and it had 10,000 plats in it. Some guy said he knew the guy who buried it and said I was gonna get banned if I don't return it, which I stupidly did, but still kept enough to buy a talisman and plenty of "just in case" cash.

What about chests, boxes and barrels? What's the drawback with those? Even so I've been at this smithy trying to get the fool to make my key from a key I got and nothing works...