Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Graalian since '01
Stowen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Stowen Send a message via MSN to Stowen
Tileset Color Issues

I made a level the other day, and uploaded it to a server. I noticed a section of the level, the colors were disfigured. Is this a common problem? Is there an answer or a fix?

I attached a screenshot of the issue.
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Asst. Manager of GA
InfamousPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to InfamousPride
It looks like you put a light source over the object, you didn't add any images to this correct?
Old 12-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
If you use pure white(#FFFFFF) or pure black(#000000) it will be rendered transparent in Graal. It's insanely stupid, and even moreso when it even applies to graphics like tilesets. Only thing I can suggest is bucketdropping the pure white with a very SLIGHTLY darker white like #FDFDFD or so.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Asst. Manager of GA
He used pics1 by the look of it so it shouldn't have done this though?
Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousPride View Post
He used pics1 by the look of it so it shouldn't have done this though?
No, pics1 doesn't have that style gravestone anymore. Meaning he most likely added that in himself, which is what caused the white to be transparent. I'm not sure how the white/black transparency works, since obviously many default graphics use them without problem, but I could never keep them opaque.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Asst. Manager of GA
Hmm I can't remember to be honest, haven't used pics1 in years. But it's probably what needs to be changed.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:51 AM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
as i have seen it lately, the pics1 seems to be transparent at some points (gravestone, black rock and more i think). not too sure, could have been a server again replacing the default file <.<
Old 12-25-2012, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
as i have seen it lately, the pics1 seems to be transparent at some points (gravestone, black rock and more i think). not too sure, could have been a server again replacing the default file <.<
Pretty sure that's one of the bugs with v6 that was never addressed.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Is it a bug? I kinda assumed it was a stupid attempt to fix players uploads on idevices for the ones that didn't know how to transparent images.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 12-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Is it a bug? I kinda assumed it was a stupid attempt to fix players uploads on idevices for the ones that didn't know how to transparent images.
The white/black transparency has been around forever, long before iDevices. However v6 is bugged in the since that it creates transparency from white/black in places that it didn't before. For example the white highlight on the black stones on pics1(default) are transparent in v6, but shows fine on v5.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Graalian since '01
Stowen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Stowen Send a message via MSN to Stowen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
No, pics1 doesn't have that style gravestone anymore. Meaning he most likely added that in himself, which is what caused the white to be transparent.
This is actually from pics1, the gravestone is still there. Yes I used light2.png for a kind of shine. But thanks for the info, i'll just make an image of the gravestone instead
Old 12-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Hmm, I could have sworn they replaced the old gravestone with some uglier one.

Anyways this is a problem with v6, and it still needs to be resolved by Stefan.