Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-13-2012, 09:19 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stowen View Post
So that would include determining players direction, correct? I tried the calculating distance, but I cant really figure out an efficient formula without figuring the players direction. Could somebody help me on a formula?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Use the distance formula:

Therefore, to get distance

PHP Code:
function dist(x1y1x2y2) {
  return (((
x1 x2) ^ 2) + ((y1 y2) ^ 2)) ^ 0.5;

Old 12-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Graalian since '01
Stowen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Stowen Send a message via MSN to Stowen
Quote:
Thanks, Chris, this actually helped me out a lot. I was just struggling, and came on to see if there were anymore replies.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Graalian since '01
Alright guys, so I used the formula for distance that Chris has supplied me with and it works great. I get a constant moving speed of 10. Not sure what the measurement for speed on Graal would be LOL but I got 10. That's enough for me to do my work. Anyways, here's the script if anybody wishes to use it themselves.

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE

function onCreated() {
onTimeOut();
}

function 
onTimeOut() {
this.x1 player.x;
this.y1 player.y;
sleep(1);
this.x2 player.x;
this.y2 player.y;
dist(this.x1this.y1this.x2this.y2);
}

function 
dist(x1y1x2y2) { 

this.dist = (((x1 x2) ^ 2) + ((y1 y2) ^ 2)) ^ 0.5;

player.chat this.dist;

setTimer(0.05);

Old 12-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I was trying to not confuse him since he's new to scripting. But that works better then what I suggested.

Quote:
Alright guys, so I used the formula for distance that Chris has supplied me with and it works great. I get a constant moving speed of 10. Not sure what the measurement for speed on Graal would be LOL but I got 10. That's enough for me to do my work. Anyways, here's the script if anybody wishes to use it themselves.

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE

function onCreated() {
onTimeOut();
}

function 
onTimeOut() {
this.x1 player.x;
this.y1 player.y;
sleep(1);
this.x2 player.x;
this.y2 player.y;
dist(this.x1this.y1this.x2this.y2);
}

function 
dist(x1y1x2y2) { 

player.chat this.dist;

setTimer(0.05);

Normally you set the timer at the end of the timeout function itself..

and sleep(1).. isn't needed.. let me adjust it a little.

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {

this.x1 player.x;

this.y1 player.y;

setTimer(1);
}

function 
onTimeOut() {

dist(this.x1this.y1player.xplayer.y);

// set the values to current position

this.x1 player.x;

this.y1 player.y;

setTimer(1);
}

function 
dist(x1y1x2y2) { 

player.chat this.dist;

The reason I changed it like this is becasue if you set the variables after you check the distance.. the next time the script runs the dist() function it will be using the old values.. then updating them after the comparison. also sleep causes script problems.. you can just set the timer to 1 second intervals and not need sleep() or waitfor()
Old 12-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Graalian since '01
Ah thank you, and I'm not really new to scripting. I used to be very fluent in GS1 I just have some troubles with GS2, and I havent really done major scripting in a while, so I'm kinda rusty. Thanks for the tips, though, much appreciated. My big issue is complexity. I turn the simplest scripts into complex nightmares xD

*EDIT: Somebody has brought to my attention, and I can't believe I overlooked it myself. Warping from levels triggers it as speed hacking. How would I go about fixing that? I tried to do a level check, but it only sets the original variable on created, so that was pointless and rendered it useless. Any ideas?

Last edited by Stowen; 12-13-2012 at 06:31 PM..
Old 12-13-2012, 10:22 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
*EDIT: Somebody has brought to my attention, and I can't believe I overlooked it myself. Warping from levels triggers it as speed hacking. How would I go about fixing that? I tried to do a level check, but it only sets the original variable on created, so that was pointless and rendered it useless. Any ideas?
In my experience you have to be very careful with these kinds of detection systems, they get a lot of false positives. When the player enters a new level, just reset the timer (wait, say, a second before you start keeping track of their speed).
Old 12-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Graalian since '01
Yeah, I can imagine there to be alot of false positives. Without the level checks, I get one everytime somebody goes from one level to another. So just add an onPlayerEnters() command with the original x/y ?

Like this? :

PHP Code:
function onPlayerEnters() {

this.x1 player.x;

this.y1 player.y;

setTimer(1);

Old 12-14-2012, 01:19 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Yeah, I can imagine there to be alot of false positives. Without the level checks, I get one everytime somebody goes from one level to another. So just add an onPlayerEnters() command with the original x/y ?

Like this? :

PHP Code:
function onPlayerEnters() {

this.x1 player.x;

this.y1 player.y;

setTimer(1);

That is one way to do it, but ultimately your system needs to be more robust because you will have false positives in all kinds of cases. For starters, it shouldn't trigger an alarm until it's fairly certain a person is speed-hacking (sustained periods of time of increased speed).
Old 12-14-2012, 01:50 AM
Graalian since '01
Quote:
For starters, it shouldn't trigger an alarm until it's fairly certain a person is speed-hacking (sustained periods of time of increased speed).
Yeah I was actually thinking about doing that. Right now I have a flag that staff have, and I'm using that to determine whether or not to monitor them. That's so it doesn't set off false positives for using boots. I'm going to attempt to script what you just suggested.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:01 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Yeah I was actually thinking about doing that. Right now I have a flag that staff have, and I'm using that to determine whether or not to monitor them. That's so it doesn't set off false positives for using boots. I'm going to attempt to script what you just suggested.
You don't need a flag. Last I checked it was possible to check the staff= list in the server options.

And I would suggest playing with the script doing countless test's until you have it perfected how you want.

Also not much changed form GS1 to GS2.. with the exception that GS2 is now more object oriented and you use ( and ).. ex : player.chat instead of setplayerprop #c... and settimer() instead of timeout =...

you could add backup checks.. and do like this.lastlevel = ... to store current level and have the alarm part of it not go off if the level is now different. it would help ensure that onPlayerEnters() is setting the new variables before it does it's next check cycle.

Does anyone know if there is a onPlayerLeaves() command? I have never looked it up to see.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Graalian since '01
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Does anyone know if there is a onPlayerLeaves() command? I have never looked it up to see.
No I don't believe there is, but there is a onPlayerLogOut(). I've been working on it, and I found using onPlayerEnters() and setting the x/y again has fixed the level warping issue, so there arent anymore false positives from that. Now I'm working on recording how long they are moving at abnormal speeds, so lag doesn't set off more false positives. Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:38 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
onPlayerLeaves() exists. Serverside event, and I believe the first parameter is the object of the player who left.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
onPlayerLeaves() exists. Serverside event, and I believe the first parameter is the object of the player who left.
onPlayerLeaves() uses the 'player' scope.
onPlayerLogout() has the player object as a parameter.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Good to know.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Thanks, I thought there was both.. i remember gk getting the trade tables fixed because of player logout.. xD

would rep u but i give u to much rep as it is and it wont let me lol