Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Graalian since '01
Stowen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Stowen Send a message via MSN to Stowen
Cheat Windows

Is there a way I can detect if a player has a hacking tool open? I know there is this for server options, but im not quite sure it works:
NPC Code:
cheatwindows=GraalRelay,Relay6,Relay,CheatEngine,A  rtMoney,DeadGraal

I guess what I am trying to ask, is there a scripting command I can use to detect specific programs being open? I'm trying to script a detection system for a server. We all know Relay injects packets/weapons to the client. Also, is there a command that would be helpful to find out if a weapon has been injected?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:25 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
No, you can't see what programs a person has open. In theory you can use cheatwindows (may or may not still work, I know Stefan added a global list a while back) but in reality it's a waste of time because recent tools will easily evade this.

Look at a player's list of weapons (clientside). Are there weapons you don't recognize and that aren't from Login? There are plenty of other ways to inject code, though, so don't waste your time here either.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
No, you can't see what programs a person has open. In theory you can use cheatwindows (may or may not still work, I know Stefan added a global list a while back) but in reality it's a waste of time because recent tools will easily evade this.

Look at a player's list of weapons (clientside). Are there weapons you don't recognize and that aren't from Login? There are plenty of other ways to inject code, though, so don't waste your time here either.
You can add weapons that aren't on the server?? I did not know this. I know many ways to "cheat" graal. What's funny is Cheat Engine has the capability of editing the window title of itself.. so it's pretty much not detectable if you don't want it to be.. while opening a folder named "Cheat Engine" or a webpage, that uses that title.. could screw you over royally.. We used to link people in PM's to websites with those titles just to DC them.. lmao.. gotta love Stefans support for abusive technology. Tho it's been many years... 2 or 3 since we did that.. I know just the other day I opened OllyDbg and graal closed on me.. o_o all I wanted to do was open the RC with it and dig around to figure out the error I was having with the font being displayed as rectangles instead of actual text.

Back on topic of preventing hacking.. you can impliment many checks.. like if a players distance has moved to much in too short of a time they are more then likely speed hacking.. you could log it and keep an eye on them.. also, you could or should log triggeractions that could be abused since people cannot inject serverside code but clientside code and trigger those actions still.. it really depends on your server, how things work, and what your trying to do as to how to help cut down on hacking.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:25 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
You can add weapons that aren't on the server??
Yeah, downsider uses Era weapons on Zodiac. @_@
Old 12-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Yeah, downsider uses Era weapons on Zodiac. @_@
How? o.O I can't think of any way possible to have weapons from other servers.. or at least serverside weapons.. And im not sure of any way to have weapon names themself from other servers.. I only know hot to inject clientside code and that doesn't require adding new weapons.. the old old way from back in the day was to use artmoney and search for text like for classic bomb and bow.. and just alter it in memory..there are new ways now.. but im surprised.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:40 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Best protection would be use use serverside validation, I know on era some old scripts (even some new scripts *cough*) have been exploited by sending a negative number to server side and then this happens.
player.rupees -= -(xrupees); which results in a positive number.
This can easily be avoided using simple checks, or even abs(num).
But what can you expect, people make mistakes.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Best protection would be use use serverside validation, I know on era some old scripts (even some new scripts *cough*) have been exploited by sending a negative number to server side and then this happens.
player.rupees -= -(xrupees); which results in a positive number.
This can easily be avoided using simple checks, or even abs(num).
But what can you expect, people make mistakes.
We did that with the money transfer item on N-Pulse when Moonie was manager.. if I remember correctly I gave moonie like negative 3 million rupees.. LOL don't know if she ever found out tho. <3 moonie (dont be mad)
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Graalian since '01
I remember that money transfer script, alot of people used to abuse that before they fixed it lmao. But thanks guys, I'm definitely going to try out the clientside weapons check. I already have a movement speed logger, thanks for the idea though.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:11 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I hacked Chris' virginity once.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:20 AM
Graalian since '01
Nevermind I don't have a movement speed logger lol I was thinking of Staff Boots log for some reason. How would I go about doing this? I figure it would require some math and some temp.x and .y variables and such. Any ideas on how I should go about this?
Old 12-13-2012, 04:00 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Some methods include tiles/second
Old 12-13-2012, 04:44 AM
Banned
You can use a timeout, every second or so.. save temp positions for x and y.. but before saving those variables.. check current and calculate distance..
Old 12-13-2012, 04:49 AM
Graalian since '01
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
You can use a timeout, every second or so.. save temp positions for x and y.. but before saving those variables.. check current and calculate distance..
So that would include determining players direction, correct? I tried the calculating distance, but I cant really figure out an efficient formula without figuring the players direction. Could somebody help me on a formula?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Some methods include tiles/second
How would I figure the tiles/second?
Old 12-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Banned
direction doesnt matter.

as i said.. compare last x/y to current x/y every second..

PHP Code:
temp.distancex abs(temp.ox player.x);
temp.ox player.
for example..

I use ABS for because we want the absolute value (non negative number)... if u move to the right.. it will be a negative number.. move to the left it will be positive.. making it abs will make it always positive.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:12 AM
Graalian since '01
Ah alright. Ill give this a go, and let you know how it works. Thanks man!