Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-30-2010, 06:27 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Which is happening. Another issue I've noticed is that if a player emails one of us and doesn't like the outcome he emails the next person down the line to attempt to get a different result. We have no way of knowing if someone else has already investigated a situation unless a server staff member mentions it to us. While a centralized email may help resolve that it won't help if all of us are getting all the emails and we all start working on the same problem.
Use a gmail account, star emails that are being worked on, leave emails that havent been worked on yet unstarred.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:17 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Which is happening. Another issue I've noticed is that if a player emails one of us and doesn't like the outcome he emails the next person down the line to attempt to get a different result. We have no way of knowing if someone else has already investigated a situation unless a server staff member mentions it to us. While a centralized email may help resolve that it won't help if all of us are getting all the emails and we all start working on the same problem.
Well, you could have a centralized email account and, assuming your email client supports it, make folders for each PWA member. When a PWA accepts a task they move it into their folder and then use the method Aeko mentioned above to keep track of what's been done and what hasn't.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 03-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
graalonline.com is using google's gmail system for companies last time I checked so what aeko said is doable.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:47 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
How about some socket scripting on top of an in-game support centre and have a small web interface? It'd allow people who can't get on the game to report problems aswell.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I believe Xor is now using the centralized email for iphone tickets. Thats also a possibility for support but still leaves out one of my biggest concerns. Being able to tell if we're actually speaking to the owner of the account vs someone who is trying to cause trouble for a player.

The old support center used to show us the IP information which was helpful numerous times since anyone could make up whatever login name they wanted for an account. It gave us something to compare to.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:06 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
How about some socket scripting on top of an in-game support centre and have a small web interface? It'd allow people who can't get on the game to report problems aswell.
It's hard enough convincing/getting them to install new/updated software, let alone create it.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Zvarri!
benpoke103 will become famous soon enough
Wouldn't it be possible to find or create a hack for vBulletin that allows users to post threads, and only the original poster and specified support staff can view or post in the thread? Just an alternative idea..

Forum PM (Preferred)
#graaldt @ Freenode
Old 03-31-2010, 12:47 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpoke103 View Post
Wouldn't it be possible to find or create a hack for vBulletin that allows users to post threads, and only the original poster and specified support staff can view or post in the thread? Just an alternative idea..
A popular term for this behavior is "private forum", and I believe that vB already has this feature in-built, no hacks needed. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:31 AM
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Doesn't gmail let people see if they responded to an email right in the inbox? I haven't used it in ages, but if the globals really wanted to, they could get Stefan to craft @graalonline.com's email system so it works like that.

They can have [email protected], and folders like "Tig", "Bell", "Xor", "TSA", so if say, Tig sees an email meant for Xor, he can move it to the "Xor" box and Xor could check it later.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:04 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpoke103 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
A popular term for this behavior is "private forum", and I believe that vB already has this feature in-built, no hacks needed. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The only way to do this is not a private forum, but a moderated one like our Graal main forum.
Everyone is able to post a thread, but it is as long invisible as a staff member approves it.
This way it is possible for everyone to post and the staff can read and deal with the issues. When they have questions or come to a solution, they can contact the user by forum PM.
When the problem is solved staff can delete it. And it stay all the time invisible for the other users.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:20 AM
jwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
It's hard enough convincing/getting them to install new/updated software, let alone create it.
I agree but what I suggested, for the most part, can be created by the community, which seems like the only way of getting things done these days.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:55 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
The only way to do this is not a private forum, but a moderated one like our Graal main forum.
No no, you don't understand. Basically, for the average user, a private forum is completely empty, until he or she posts a thread. Mods (or, in this case, support team members) can see all threads posted, the users can only see the ones he or she has created. Seems like a good solution.

Edit: To avoid confusion: forums which need access rights granted are also called private forums, I know that. But I'm talking about the ones where you can only view your own threads.

Last edited by Crow; 03-31-2010 at 01:51 PM..
Old 03-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
It seems like everyone wants to script the kitchen sink these days instead of focusing on scripting stuff that would make playerworlds more successful.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:42 PM
jwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
It seems like everyone wants to script the kitchen sink these days instead of focusing on scripting stuff that would make playerworlds more successful.
It was just a suggestion really. I prefer Crow's suggestion over mine. I never said I wanted to script it either but, as you say, there are people would potentially want to script something like that so why not let them?

It's all fine you saying where everyone's focuses should be but remember it's all voluntary and we do this for fun.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:50 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
PHP Code:
function onActionGrab() {
    if (
plates in sink == true) {

turn on hot tap;

wash plates;
} else {

sendrpgmessage("plates are clean");
 }

But seriously I know what you mean.

Tags
pwa, staff, support center