Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-31-2006, 05:03 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Well I'm happy with the positive feedback, as I expected lots of DO YOUR OWN STUFF. But I guess this is very different from a revival project of taking everything and reusing it!
Old 03-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Network Admin.
coder is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910
Well, I think I may end up making a playerworld. However, I have an idea on how to go about this. I plan to get copies of old worlds and look through them and look at what they did that was good, and what they did that wasn't good.

With this research and content I then plan to build some sort of a world. My world will utalise all this idle content. By which, I mean ideas that are brilliant (I remember seeing a few - although a lot were pot quests and killing baddies) will be used and built on for this world.

This is not a server revival. Those tend to fade, and I do not intend to remake any specific world. The world I will make will be new, with elements and ideas sourced from the past as well as new ones. I also think it's not so fair to take all the content and put it back online again which is why only parts will be taken.

To give you an idea, for example, houses and buildings that were nice from the old worlds could be reused in the levels on this new world. This will cut down production time dramatically. But this is not going to be a merge of the worlds, this is not going to be a copy and paste compliation of past worlds. But ideas that were unique. Content that was good and hasn't been reused again (i.e: ideas copied) will be given new life and built on for this world.

I am just wondering what the feedback for this idea will be. I don't want to copy content, but nor do I want to see great content idle in zip files on a back-up server. I think I could do this right, and I do not intend to make the world a copy of any that the ideas are taken from. So comments are welcome.

Worlds that will be studied: Faheria, Andora, Xone, Bravo, Galethia, Doomsday, Mithica, X, Frolic, Elven Lands, Sidra , Graal3000, Tempist of TIme, Providence, Dino Valley, New Cite Perdue, Auroria

Possible other worlds: Enigma, Sanstrata (these are possibly online and being worked on, in which case they wont be used or looked at).

If you can think of any other past online worlds that aren't online, and were in a completed/released state - please let me know!
It would be nice to see parts of enigma back in the works... Lead developer had it's up and downs, I'm sure many would agree those most remarkable part about Enigma and any other playerworld is to see the player's opinions and reactions.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot9
I dont want you taking things from Icarus. Those are our ideas and we have a right to them.
Im not sure how you will get this content but dont try it for Icarus. Ill delete it all if i have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TifaKhan
Hell yes i refuse to allow it after this post. I also heard Jubei refused to give you all DD levels so i guess he's one to
My work here is done XD
Quote:
Reviving A Playerworld Project:
Any files uploaded into the file-manager becomes the sole property of Graalonline. When a player works for a playerworld as a 'Staff' member all files given to the manager to upload, or uploaded themselves, becomes property of Graalonline. Temporary usage rights (until shutdown of a playerworld) is given to the playerworld manager while the playerworld is online. This right of usage is terminated when the playerworld is shut down. If someone wants to use any of the files again (i.e.: Playerworld Revive Project) Graal and its representatives must be contacted before they can be uploaded again. To gain usage rights to any Playerworld previously online, the individual must contact Graal's representative and the last active manager(s) to gain permission and usage rights to the files of a shutdown Playerworld.
Source: Graal Communication Center (reserved for gold and vip subscribers) > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum > Playerworld Related Information
Playerworld Rules
Old 03-31-2006, 06:22 PM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TifaKhan
Hell yes i refuse to allow it after this post. I also heard Jubei refused to give you all DD levels so i guess he's one to
My work here is done XD
Maybe you're mixing me up with Hiro? I haven't talked to Jubei in over three years.

Grow up Tifa, if you're going to troll the forums everyday begging to see a mention of the word Doomsday just so you can make a fool of yourself again, you're going to get what you ask for. I've never once asked for DD stuff for development, at this point I could care less. You've pretty much ruined it for us all anyways.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost

Last edited by CidNight1142; 03-31-2006 at 06:44 PM..
Old 03-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
So, based upon your post, spark could not use any of the content unless he gets in contact with the last managers of each playerworld he wants to use ideas from? Am I correct?

Quote:
to gain usage rights to any Playerworld previously online, the individual must contact Graal's representative and the last active manager(s) to gain permission and usage rights to the files of a shutdown Playerworld.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Unholy Nation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0687
So, based upon your post, spark could not use any of the content unless he gets in contact with the last managers of each playerworld he wants to use ideas from? Am I correct?
Correct.

Though, upon contact of unixmad and Stefan, someone who wishes to revive a world can contact them and those two can over ride the last active Manager of a world. There's a difference between having rights and temp rights.

Though, Spark911 said specifically, he was going to "look" at the best of each worlds to propose some ideas with his project. I don't see a single thing saying he is going to use them.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
I seem to also remember a rule saying that if you redo at least 70% of the content you use from a shut down playerworld you can re-use it.. or maybe that was for revival projects. I am not sure..
Old 03-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Unholy Nation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcaptain
I seem to also remember a rule saying that if you redo at least 70% of the content you use from a shut down playerworld you can re-use it.. or maybe that was for revival projects. I am not sure..
I don't remember seeing it.

Though, as Stefan said, if there is no one using that content and it's nice, then is there a reason to waste it?
Old 04-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Banned
DARKVILLIN has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DARKVILLIN
true...i still think permission would be the best thing to go by here...you might piss off a lot of the graalian community. I don't think we need a civil war of graalians on our hands x.x
Although I would advise the previous owners not to frete too much. Think of it more as a tribute. I mean there could even be a tribute room on the server to show where the ideas came from in honor of each playerworld. I was the last owner of G3k and XOne, and the head admin of auroria...cause im not sure ...um actually i cant even remember the auroria owners...crap...he was a good friend of mine...all of em were i just cant remember their names...lol -funny
Old 04-01-2006, 12:14 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
DV was not the last owner of Xone.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:14 AM
Unholy Nation
Re-read what Spark911 said, he said he is going to look up the best of each world for some ideas to create his world.

Plus, ideas aren't belonging to people?
Old 04-01-2006, 03:23 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
Re-read what Spark911 said, he said he is going to look up the best of each world for some ideas to create his world.

Plus, ideas aren't belonging to people?
Not to start anything, but you might want to re-read what Spark said. He did say he wanted to use content...At least, that's how I read it.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 04-01-2006, 03:28 AM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
Not to start anything, but you might want to re-read what Spark said. He did say he wanted to use content...At least, that's how I read it.
I'm starting to love you more and more <3
Old 04-01-2006, 04:35 AM
Unholy Nation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
I mis-read it!

Then again, I wonder if it's possible to just merge all those worlds into one.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:38 AM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
Spark, I'd be interested in helping. Also, I can grant access to use of ToT levels via GodSpeed so let me know if you need anything from there. I remember quite a few of those worlds and they ROCKED. Faheria and ToT especially, if you have AIM, contact me (wow theres matt), and if you don't, forum PM.