Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 04:06 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Several infractions on the forums, 3 of which are the same.
I would say that you need to familiarize yourself with rules.
Other than that, I don't know you.
And I havn't posted a link in ages .
Old 03-12-2008, 04:14 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
And I havn't posted a link in ages .
Yes, September of last year, but that's not the point.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-12-2008, 04:21 AM
My empire of dirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Yes, September of last year, but that's not the point.
As I recall, I had a nice discussion with Sam about it and since I can't really remember the discussion now, I'd say it must have been resolved

Atleast I havn't attacked anyone
Old 03-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Im sure that even Houdini or Spark made some infractions of some rules in the past... Posting links isnt that bad, is it?
Old 03-31-2008, 07:32 AM
My empire of dirt
I figured I'd use this chance to discuss the possibility of a new Global system. I find the current system is highly ineffective through my eyes as a player. I'd love it if Unixmad authorised a joint comittee of players, globals and administration to analyse the current system and suggest ways to improve the system which addresses all current and possible situations efficiently.

Some potential starters:

First off, I'd like to see Global GPs. This team should only be involved with global/local bans, rule enforcement, corruption etc. They should have the rights and procedures to deal with these types of issues without having to worry about the administrative side of the PWA job. This group should have a decent amount of members to cover all timezones effectively. I feel this is the most required addition.

Global Support Team: this team should be readily available to deal with any playerworld issues that can occur including scripting problems, dead NPC/Gservers etc. The global support team should have all the necessary rights and procedures to allow them to analyse and, if possible, resolve the situation efficiently. All members of this team should have scripting skills and be able to adapt to a server and quickly analyse/script for it. The current Global Scripting Team should be merged into this group. This role could/should be done by the current GST team but it seems inefficient. CheeToS (<3) is unable to perform his role due to his lack of subscription but the others....meh.

Finally, the Playerworld Administration team should stay and they should be the overseers. They should organise the underlings as well as perform the major tasks Graal has such as major staff corruption (takeovers, spawn fests), management reviews, playerworld inspections etc. They should be able to also summarise issues for Unixmad/Stefan and ask (and generally) get assistance when needed.

To also save the PWAs some time, I think some Classic/Hosted Global Managers should be assigned. Each manager should become an adviser to 2-3. They should actively observe the current management and any issues arising from staff/players and be able to relay the important information up to PWAs. Should be able to take some stress of the PWAs. They should also be available to temporarily take control of a server for whatever the reason (holidays, leave, corruption: like Bell temp managing Zodiac, Houd for Era etc.)

Just a starter (wrote this during lunch break) and I may expand/add to as the day goes by. Nothing is in concrete but it's just some stuff to get the train movin'
Old 03-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
These are all things which require for unix/stefan to have people they can trust with the jobs, people willing to stay active with the jobs, and generally cause more confusion because of the large list. I think the original purpose of the small team of Global administration was because they only picked out who they could trust with the position, and so and issues that arise with the Global Staff aren't going to be in double-digits because of a large list.

But even besides that, getting PWA doesn't mean you're getting as close to as much control of as much as people are thinking here...at all.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:50 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
I think Twinny would be a great canidate, but I also think he will be the Barrack Obama of Graal.. He seems to be willing to change alot of things. Not that it is a bad thing, but is graal really ready for the change?