Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 09:18 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Application: Twinny

1) Introduce yourself. Who are you? What do you do? Where are you known? Why do you play Graal?

I am known as Twinny. I'm more commonly known for my scripting: be it via expierence from working with me/using my stuff or through my various help resources. I don't know how far my, "popularity", reaches but I seem to be well known. I play Graal mostly for the chance to develop and help others develop.

2) Experience with "online-only" staff teams, including playerworld work here on Graal.

Classic: N-Pulse, Zodiac
Hosted: Graal X, Atrius
UC: Crazy amount.

Most of my jobs centered around scripting but I have had an occasional LAT job and more often and not, I seem to rise up to Administrator role: as noted on Zodiac.

3) Assuming you have piqued our interest with your qualifications, what makes you stand out as an applicant?

I've often acted as a mediator between disputing parties both in and out of Graal as well as been a team leader in many situations, also in/out of Graal. My current job involves solving highly complicated problems (oh the joys of Linux) to non-techy guys so i have the knack for simplifying things.

4) What is your education level? Are you employed? What amount of time can you dedicate to Graal-related duties each day?

I have a Diploma in Network Engineering which includes Windows 2003/general linux server roles as well as Cisco roles. I'm currently studying to take my CCNA exam (possibly this weekend).

I'm employed 5 days a week 9-5 but, as people may have noticed, work is generally relaxed and I'm often on Graal during these times. Weekdays, I could provide up to 3-6 hours a day while providing 4-8 on weekends

5) What do you see that needs changing in Graal's player world policies?

In general, I feel the actual presentation of the player world policies needs to be dramatically improved. Currently, the policies can only be found in the forums, are a patchwork of updates and rather hard to find: especially for a non-forum user. I feel the policies need to be thought out, well constructed and easy to find. When this is planed out, I'd give the policies some more attention.

6) Show us some examples of your good judgment in certain situations.

Since It's quite easy to make up situations for this, I'd prefer to have people vouch for me on this one....which may be hard

For the most part, my ability to deal with player situations was seen on Zodiac numerous times by the PWA.

[Edit]: My Australian time zone is also handy
Old 03-04-2008, 11:20 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I think Twinny would do a great job as PWA. He has always helped out when I needed help (scripting mainly), and is a great person. Out of all the other candidates so far, Twinny is definitely my first or second choice.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Why have you left those Administrator positions in the past?

Old 03-05-2008, 06:27 AM
My empire of dirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan View Post
Why have you left those Administrator positions in the past?
On Zodiac, I noted that Frotter and I rose to the manager position due to the increasingly infrequent appearances of Calani. When Frotter decided to quit, I lost my admin buddy which kinda sucked. Bell/Vulcan stepped in around this time due to issues and took the final say for Zodiac decisions. I decided to quit the administration team to focus more on the development: something Zodiac very much needed. (I got a weeks break than Vulcan demanded my presence again -_-)

As for the UC worlds, they are so dynamic with staff/plan changes as well as dynamic staff members that projects can sometimes dry up around you and you are left administering nothing.

I know you're well aware of some of the issues that had occured during this time. Quite happy to discuss these over pms but not in the forums.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Twinny would do great as PWA, I think. Worked with him mainly on Zodiac, where him and I were in charge of more or less the entire server while calani was on her one week vacation that ended up as two weeks, and eventually she quit instead.

I do however talk to Twinny a whole lot, his personality is a plus. Calm, friendly, hard to annoy etc.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 03-05-2008, 11:05 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
hard to annoy etc.
Hard to annoy, yet at times he can be annoying himself.

Still, Twinny for PWA. Would do a great job.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:37 AM
My empire of dirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Hard to annoy, yet at times he can be annoying himself.
If you say so
Old 03-10-2008, 02:37 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Yeah, I support Twinny. He's mature enough and with my experience with him, has good judgement.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:32 AM
osnap.
Xterminator will become famous soon enough
Yep, Twinny 4 PWA!
Old 03-10-2008, 04:00 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Twinny has my support. My opinion mirrors Zero's.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:28 AM
My empire of dirt
Thought I might just add a new piece to my work. For my playerworld policies, I'd also like to enforce basic playerworld staff structure.

It's foolish to have about 1 manager and 5 co-managers (which doesn't make sense, "co" wise but happens anyways) and a whole pile of staff with unnecessary rights.

I'd like to be able to establish a working staff system that ensures only the manager and perhaps one or two high, trusted and verified admins can change rights whilst everyone else only gets the bare minimum rights.

For example, instead of having all LATs with access to the gmap, each should only have access to their folder where they can upload test levels. Once approved by someone high up (lat admin, manager) the level can then be moved across to the main levels folder. This practice would limit damage made to gmaps through errors and abuse/deletion). Just a small part of the policy i'd like to implement.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:29 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
For example, instead of having all LATs with access to the gmap, each should only have access to their folder where they can upload test levels. Once approved by someone high up (lat admin, manager) the level can then be moved across to the main levels folder. This practice would limit damage made to gmaps through errors and abuse/deletion). Just a small part of the policy i'd like to implement.
Sounds fine, but would never work on UC servers.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:32 AM
My empire of dirt
Quote:
May only end up being guidelines but PWAs should help implement them on a server if requested
Old 03-10-2008, 05:45 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Thought I might just add a new piece to my work. For my playerworld policies, I'd also like to enforce basic playerworld staff structure.

It's foolish to have about 1 manager and 5 co-managers (which doesn't make sense, "co" wise but happens anyways) and a whole pile of staff with unnecessary rights.

I'd like to be able to establish a working staff system that ensures only the manager and perhaps one or two high, trusted and verified admins can change rights whilst everyone else only gets the bare minimum rights.

Well, the PWA already tried doing that but it didn't work out very well. It's still somewhat enforced and generally if someone has too many unnecessary rights then they will confront a manager or someone in charge. It would be difficult to establish an actual system for that without completely controlling the staff list of each server. The managers should be responsible enough to know which staff they're able to trust and which staff they aren't able to trust. When you hire someone you're taking a risk of trust, it's the managers job to decide whether or not that risk is worth taking.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-10-2008, 07:13 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
I think it should be enforced completely on Classic tab servers.

And Twinny, you have my support.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts