Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-23-2008, 01:36 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Non-readable Ganis

It would be great if you could use ganis that arn't in cleartext. You could perhaps make a one-way save option in graalshop (*.xani ) which the client can read (keep another original for editing but not upload) or someway to allow clients to use ganis without saving a cleartext gani file...

However it is done, I think it would be handy
Old 01-23-2008, 01:56 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
While you're at it, fix it so that when saving, you don't have to type .gani at the end of the filename manually for it to be saved correctly.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:12 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
While you're at it, make rotation possible for the sprites
Old 01-23-2008, 02:28 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
While you're at it, do it.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:53 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Gani shop definitely needs a lot of nice updates.. if Stefan's not going to do it he needs to release the source code so at least the community can fix it.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-23-2008, 02:58 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Would be cool if graal shop could be updated with some of the features that Flash has; rotating, even movement (Motion Tweens), copying and pasting, stretching, skewing.

Would also be nice is if basic gani scripts could be shown (even if in GS1)- say you have a player with a ball moving around them; I don't know. You want to do it in a script so you can do it smoothly, but without taking a ton of time. It could show the ball moving when you play it.

Just a few ideas. Not sure the non-readable GANI's would really have that much of a purpose, but that is just me. I suppose they could be downloaded like levels are (I believe in some weird format in the weblevels directory?)
Old 01-23-2008, 03:14 AM
[TServerDeveloper]
Novo will become famous soon enough
I made a proggie that parses the .gani files into object-instances in an app... I haven't actually went forward and made it so you can do customizations with them, however. If you're interested in it, I could send you a copy of the code.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:16 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
This thread is made of epic win. I totally support everything posted in here.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:46 AM
Bloo
bscharff has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to bscharff Send a message via MSN to bscharff Send a message via Yahoo to bscharff
I'd like to see the code for reference :o
Old 02-05-2008, 03:14 AM
My empire of dirt
Still want! I think the .code idea is a good one.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:11 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Yeah, some kind of secondary extension that is a compiled version of the .gani would be nice.

Not to big of a deal though since gani scripts usually just display things and don't actually usually display information you don't want to get out.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
There is already a way to encode files, it's not supported by the npcserver yet though so the gani cannot have a script.

The source for the gani editor will not be released, we can provide help though if someone wants to make a scripted editor for it.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:27 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
There is already a way to encode files, it's not supported by the npcserver yet though so the gani cannot have a script.

The source for the gani editor will not be released, we can provide help though if someone wants to make a scripted editor for it.
Why always scripted? Why would you prefer scripted stuff over hardcoded stuff?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:01 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
Not to big of a deal though since gani scripts usually just display things and don't actually usually display information you don't want to get out.
so no one messes them up on accident? like i do occasionally ands have to ask around for the real one xD
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:49 AM
My empire of dirt
So it's available on all platforms at all times and is easily updated and distributed to everyone probably.