Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Character Customization vs Gameplay & Content
I'd play the server even if I can't use my own default head, because the gameplay is great 15 83.33%
Screw you, if I can't wear my own head, I won't play your... cool server. 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2009, 06:10 AM
Jimbo33 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo33 Send a message via MSN to Jimbo33
Character Customization vs Gameplay & Content

Alright, so I've been discussing this with a friend, and I'd like to get your opinion.

Would you play a server where you CAN customize your characters with custom heads, hairs, eyes, skintones, clothes, etc. that were made by the server, but couldn't use default heads like head7.png, but where the gameplay is GREAT?

My friend was saying that people would be discouraged of playing the server because they couldn't use their own heads they use on classic servers, even though the gameplay is great and has many cool features.

What are your thoughts about that?

Sorry if you don't undertsand, my english isn't perfect x)
Old 08-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
GK/Zone has done it. Though it's not exactly a 'clean' comparison as they're also gold and such.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
GK/Zone has done it. Though it's not exactly a 'clean' comparison as they're also gold and such.
I don't think people who hate Zone/Gk hate it because they can't customize their character at their own will, they actually hate it because they don't like the server's content?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:36 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
The point is those servers were fairly successful at various times in their life, despite having completely custom heads/bodies.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
i don't play servers for the heads they have
Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
i don't play servers for the heads they have
Plus they can customize their already made heads to match the server's.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
As long as the custom head, bodies, and such aren't ugly, I wouldn't care much but I'd choose classic bodies and such over ugly customs in a heartbeat.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:56 AM
I believe as long as they allow player submitted content, then it will do well... if player's enjoy a server they usually end up making their own graphics for it anyways. Players just don't get on and already have custom stuff, they make it because they enjoy the server, thus they will probably do it again.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Gold servers that use new bodies are way cooler than ones that use old bodies, imo. I don't care to even look at the 10 billion Cloud Strife / Link / Vash the Stampede heads, thank you very much.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Neither option really. I generally dislike new head/bodies as there is less choice and I feel that time could be put into better things rather than a half-assed attempt at a new body/head system with fewer than 20 choices!

If it's good gameplay I'd still consider playing.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Hah, well everyone seems to be okay with that, and yea we can let players make their own graphics for the server, and there will be much more choices than just 20 :P