Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
Well, if that's the case then EVERY Game Development Strategies will fail on Graal.

That's pretty much the sad truth anyway, that's why Graal doesn't have any "new" players, it fails.

You have to pay money to play Graal, meaning they actually earn something, yet they don't have money to put up any ads?

However, this is all offtopic anyway, I wish you good luck with your Server.
That is my point, some of the rules of graalonline make it impossible to i.e advertise for sponsors or the likes, so the moneyflow = 0.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
I also talked to Stefan about advertising, They could sell like T-Shirts or posters..
Or hang up posters in shops (irl) and that would possibly get more players..

Or get adds on other games yes
Old 07-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
I also talked to Stefan about advertising, They could sell like T-Shirts or posters..

I think the best thing would be to put Graal to a "Best MMORPG" site and make the players constantly vote for Gelats, etc.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post

Graal had t-shirts and other items that i can't remember
Old 07-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Coffee-Cups

Old 07-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Tranquil Serenity
Akira_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Akira_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Akira_P2P
This server seems like it has an overall good plan, I'd like to know some more details about the overall structure, though. I'm an LAT and I find it relaxing to work with a smooth tileset rather than the sharpness of pics1.png.

Sidenote: zeus, a year of xbox live is free , you know those starter kits? They come with already activated 12-months, all you have to do is cut into one of them and you got a free 12-month.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Jimbo33 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo33 Send a message via MSN to Jimbo33
Update!

Our main Scripter was working on a custom character (since none offered help as a GAT), and we wouldn't say if we'd use it or not until we see the result.

The front idle was made, and it's pretty good, so for now we'll go with custom characters unless something goes wrong or too many people find them ugly.

So with those new characters, we will need a new tileset to fit with them.
The same scripter who made the character's graphics said he could help make the tileset, but that would give him a **** load of work to do with the systems he's currently scripting.

So once again, we are in a big need of a GOOD Graphics Artist, who is willing to make a completely custom tileset.

If you would like to help with Graphics, but don't like making tilesets, we still need you! We have a looooot of weapons, items, icons, and more to make!

Also, we will need a Gani artist as soon as the new characters' sprites are done.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:48 AM
Jimbo33 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo33 Send a message via MSN to Jimbo33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira_P2P View Post
This server seems like it has an overall good plan, I'd like to know some more details about the overall structure, though. I'm an LAT and I find it relaxing to work with a smooth tileset rather than the sharpness of pics1.png.
Like I said in my update, we will need someone to make a completely new tileset, so you can guess we're not hiring LAT yet.

And what do you mean by overall structure?
The server's type is Adventure, and some Role Playing. From the start, players will be thrown into some big adventure (which is being written ), and there will be many many many many quests, temples, dungeons and what not! There will still be possible PvP even though every player has to go through the adventure, we will also have guild wars, events, challenges, tournaments, and such, so that even if you're tired of questing, you can still go and have fun with other players.