Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 06:23 AM
Jimbo33 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo33 Send a message via MSN to Jimbo33
Divine Darkness is back and hiring!

Hi guys! Divine Darkness is finally back and now hiring!

The server used to be under the account of iKee04 and owned/paid by iKee04 and Jimbo33.
It is now under the account of Jimbo33 and owned/paid by Jimbo33 and bongo77.
iKee04 keeps his ownership since he has paid over 150$ to keep the server up last year.

One month has passed now and a lot has happened,

First, we started working with the same tileset we used last year, waiting for Stefan to send in the old backup. Everything was going really fast! Then we got the backup and things went even faster.

Until we realized we should make our server completely different from default stuff:

Custom Characters
Completely Customised Tileset
Custom Taskbar
Custom Profiles
Custom Inventory

Everything...

After officializing this idea, I made a backup of the ''new'' Divine Darkness, and started working on the ''new new'' Divine Darkness.
( xD )

Looks great like that, but it's a LOT of work, and with the small staff team we had, it was not easy, we had me who could do a little bit of everything, Bongo who could make levels, and Mog who handled the main scripting job.

I've done my best to get a tileset up without any real Graphics Artist.
I've made my best and couldn't continue since the rest of the job was too hard for me. I would usually have gone back to making levels, but the tileset doesn't have enough for any village to be designed.

What is Divine Darkness?

Divine Darkness is an adventure/traveling based server.
The whole thing will be based on a strong storyline, players will go through many quests to achieve their goal, while PvP'ing, playing events, getting involved in guild wars, doing numberous jobs like salesman, miner, fisher, scientist, etc..

There will be many islands to travel to by boat, or maybe by flight?
We could say that every island has to be ''unlocked'' by the player for them to travel to it.

We want the players to get attracted by the story of the game, not just the gameplay.

The storyline is still under developement, I'll post it when it's done.

That's why I'm asking you guys for some big help!
We're hiring all Developement Staff positions;

-Graphic Artists
-Gani Artists
-Level Designers
-Scripters
-Music/Sound Artists

Do NOT ask to be GP, FAQ or ET, you will be rejected anyways.

Here are two screenis, these are test levels, as you can see there is not much to detail them, so for now the Level Designing is put aside until a GOOD Graphic Artist can get something done out of this tileset

Also, you can notice the taskbar, it will be used to display stuff such as Player Stats, Quest Logs, Maps, Player Options, Staff Tools, etc...

The icons on the left of the screen are the actual staff tools.

So if you are interested, PLEASE contact me or bongo in game or:

Via e-mail
Jimbo: [email protected]
Bongo: [email protected]

Via MSN
Bongo: [email protected]

In game (Server: Divine Darkness)
Jimbo (Jimbo33)
Bongo (bongo77)

Or you can PM me via the forums

Hope to see at least one of you guys offer help

Thanks,

Jimbo, Owner of Divine Darkness
Old 07-15-2009, 06:49 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
could you post some screenshots of the various functions of that taskbar and menu?
Old 07-15-2009, 06:52 AM
Only the staff tools are scripted so far, and after that we tought it would be more important to work on the attack system, other functions of the taskbar will come in time

For the staff tools icons on the left, there's
Boots, Update Level, Staff Tag, Warpto system, Summon system, and Dragger.

When taskbar functions are scripted, I'll post screenshots of them :P
Old 07-22-2009, 02:22 AM
All those screenshots aren't good anymore, we got rid of that taskbar, and made a new sidebar, with much nicer icons, and way better functions.
Plus, we now use a new tileset, completely different to this one.

I'll post new stuff soon.

If you're interested in helping, contact me (bongo is away for 2 weeks):

Via e-mail

Via MSN

In game (Server: Divine Darkness)
Jimbo (Jimbo33)

Or you can PM me via the forums

Thanks,

Jimbo, Owner of Divine Darkness
Old 07-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Alright, I still don't have any screenshots of the new sidebar, but you can log on Divine Darkness and see yourself.
(Move your mouse to the left for the sidebar to appear)

We have now come up with a few ideas, which are not the final ideas, and we can still add more, these are just IDEAS.

We'd like you guys to comment them, maybe add to them, change them, criticize them, etc.

Economy
Every town/village/city would have its economy, all the gold a player would spend in shops or earn from shops by buying/selling items would be added/removed from the town's total money.

Example: Syntheria's economy is being very low these days, it has now reached 0.
Jimbo wants to sell one of his items at the Item Store in Syntheria, but can't, since
the shop won't have any gold to give in. Jimbo has to go in another town to sell
his item.

Classes
The player's class wouldn't be chosen at the very begining. The player will be able to first use a 'newbie sword', 'newbie bow', 'newbie etc.'. Before choseing which class suits his gameplay the best.

Base Classes: Swordsman, Bowman, Spell Caster, Theif, etc...

There will be class upgrades, like a swordsman could become a gladiator or a paladin, a spell caster could become a summoner or an elementor, etc.

Elements
Later during the adventure, the player will be able to chose an element. He will then see some guy and tell him he wants to learn X element. He will then be given a key to a temple of X element and will have to get through the dangers of that temple and perhaps a boss before getting something (maybe an elemental orb?) which will grant him upgraded powers using X element's weapons.

Elements: Fire, Water, Air, Earth

Island Traveling
Players will be able to travel from island to island by boat (need to buy a ticket which will not be so expensive), by swiming (for certain islands), or even by underground caves.

+Idea: Players could be able to buy small boats with one or more seats.

Dungeons
There won't be any meaningless dungeons only used for leveling, unlike many RPG servers. Every dungeon will have a meaning to the storyline.

Temples
These will be the most important parts of the player's adventure. The main goal being to complete every temple and get the the main goal of the adventure.

Mini Quests
There will be many, many, many mini quests. Such as 'Suzy wants an apple, go and get one for her' (just an example xD). These mini-quests would not be needed to complete the main quest, but will provide helpful stuff like gold, books, food, etc.

Monster Assaults
At some time, a group of monsters would come and assault a town, maybe when the town has X players into it, or maybe something else. This would be fun since players would have to help each other to get rid of the monsters. Any town activities (shopping, banking, etc.) would be paused until players got rid of every monster.

Waiting for your positive responses and help
Old 07-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Scripter
Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Make it so you can have battles in the sea with cannons like real pirates.
I've yet to see a pirate playerworld..
Old 07-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
Not enough players, or do you mean NPCs?
Old 07-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
Not enough players, or do you mean NPCs?
Why not enough players?
Do you know that registration isnt limited? Don't feel special because you're one of them "players"

Old 07-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Why not enough players?
Do you know that registration isnt limited? Don't feel special because you're one of them "players"
Try to use your 190 IQ (as you claim it's that high, however I think it's lower than cow-****) and read it again Mr.Iknowandcandoeverythingbetterthanyou.

There's just not enough players to have a sea fight going on all day, players capturing other boats etc.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:25 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
Me neither!

Except, you know, the main server!

edt: oh well he said playerworld, I guess that means I'm wrong
Old 07-29-2009, 04:24 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
How will your protect your town communities from losing all their gold? Personally if I knew I could do that, I would begin taking gold out of their economy and not putting it back in.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
Try to use your 190 IQ (as you claim it's that high, however I think it's lower than cow-****) and read it again Mr.Iknowandcandoeverythingbetterthanyou.

There's just not enough players to have a sea fight going on all day, players capturing other boats etc.
Well it shows that you have no idea about games development strategies and the path to a successful game...that is all

Old 07-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Are the graphics in the first picture stolen? There are a lot of inconsistancies that make no sense... for example the ladder uses a very light outline(lighter than the ladder itself, and definitely lighter against the cliffs), and there seems to be some heavy difference in quality between objects.

Regardless, an edit I made of some changes I think could be done to make it look more appealing. Mainly color changes... also think the cliffs could do without the dithering on the dirt, it's way too noisy and distracting.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Are the graphics in the first picture stolen? There are a lot of inconsistancies that make no sense... for example the ladder uses a very light outline(lighter than the ladder itself, and definitely lighter against the cliffs), and there seems to be some heavy difference in quality between objects.

Regardless, an edit I made of some changes I think could be done to make it look more appealing. Mainly color changes... also think the cliffs could do without the dithering on the dirt, it's way too noisy and distracting.
RMXP tiles, I think placeholders

Old 07-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Well it shows that you have no idea about games development strategies and the path to a successful game...that is all
That doesn't have anything to do with our conversation, changing topics eh?

Dude, you fail.