Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
new staff team

i'd say the new staff team is, as of now, the most greedy and corrupt staff team yet to come to era, and it's not an easy task to obtain such title.
they now made PPA, which is a staff only guild, that has incredibly out of the box weapons.
one of them is a fast 23 dmg gun with no freeze at all (literally). so i thought it was an error but these were the kind of responses i got from various staff members:

*moondeath (Thu Feb 14 22:22:34 2013):
.04 isn't equal to 0 I can assure you but next time ask what it is and I don't know if he's actually allowed to be pking with guns with bizzare freeze levels

Sam (Thu Feb 14 22:15:45 2013):
who are you my son and why do you think writing a random RC would do any help? use the support ticket tool, thank you

bloodykiller (Thu Feb 14 22:12:47 2013):
why is there a 0 freeze 23 dmg gun for staff use only?

these r the stats (.04=0 on era since it's <.05)

Gun Stats for 'ppa assault':
Damage: 23
Rate of Fire: .25
Freeze: .04
Reload: .4
Spread: 0.09 (10.31°)
Old 02-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
TK if they are the most corrupt ever then just USD one from a staff.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
ppl who think i usded usually have a graal###### account
Old 02-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
I would be surprised if you bought weapons.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
So...so instead of spawning or server destruction or anything..substantial, you're upset because they decided to bring PPA back to **** around with?

Allow me to raise some points then
1. PPA was dead, therefor bringing it back as staff only doesn't take anything from anyone.
2. Their guns are pretty OP, I agree, but..so what? You can only use them while PPAing, and it's not like they're sellable or tradeable
3. Pretty much all of us (ok not u rogue) suck at PKing. Do you think a godly gun is going to change us?
4. Most of the time staff are online, it's to help out people (including you, as a player). None of us have even used PPA that much. It's been a couple days and the safe has a whopping 3k in it..>.>
There are far worse things that could be done than giving us something to **** around with in our free time.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:08 AM
Era Staff
Meph is on a distinguished road
I agree, those stats are abit crazy, but it's not much different from mainstream guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcserver
Gun Stats for 'HK416':
Damage: 21
Rate of Fire: .15
Freeze: .05
Reload: .55
Spread: 0.08 (9.16°)
Guns as a whole have terrible stats now- PPA-exclusive or not.

From my understanding, the stats were based on point-system a chart, where each variable's points round out, and the gun's total points reflected the price.

In theory, it's genius; it'd work great- but only if you give each variable the appropriate weight; which I don't believe they understood how much bearing the variable 'freeze' has on the gun as a whole.

Prior to the change, firing a bullet left you vulnerable with a freeze, so timing your shots was imperative to survival. Timing your shots, in conjunction with dodging bullets was how skill was measured.

Nowadays, there is no repercussion for spamming your gun. You hardly lose any walk speed upon firing your shots, so the application of skill is really not necessary.

These guns have far too little freeze to really test the degree of somebody's PKing aptitude. I feel bad for the newer players, as they'll never experience the competitive game I grew up with.

It's evident that, while the idea has merit, the creator was no PKer, and had no idea how to properly weigh gun variables.

And to add insult to injury, they released the Tenac shortly after-- It's like a bad joke that nobody ever apologized for. Thing's sort of an AC / Shotgun / Souizen hybrid. It makes other guns practically obsolete.

We went from having to manually selecting guns from our inventory, to having hotkeys, and now we've got a gun that does everything, so changing weapons to adapt to a new battle scenario isn't even necessary.

The idea of PPA having slightly overpowered weapons isn't bad; back in the day, PPA and PI's exclusive weapons had a slight competitive edge over the others.

The idea of it being a staff-exclusive guild is. PPA back in the day gave players something to shoot for. It had a strict set of rules, and a strict sense of recruitment, but it was attainable by players what would prove to be an asset.

Last edited by Meph; 02-15-2013 at 12:23 AM..
Old 02-15-2013, 12:49 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
these r the stats (.04=0 on era since it's <.05)

Gun Stats for 'ppa assault':
Damage: 23
Rate of Fire: .25
Freeze: .04
Reload: .4
Spread: 0.09 (10.31°)
.04 = .05
it rounds up :c

Other than that, yes, I told them to nerf it before the times in those PMs even. In fact I said to make it a replica of the other gang guns to prevent such issues as this thread. And to be honest I don't know why anyone else is reviving businesses when I'm not even online. But I guess running a department doesn't matter.

I'm fine with it though, and I agree with most of what Scoper said. Lets the staff members participate in pking/raids/etc. without taking up gang space. Good and well, hardly corrupt.

But don't bother pming those guys, next time make a ticket or contact me directly and it will be handled ASAP before you decide to make a thread.

Edit: Fixed the stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
(ok not u rogue)

Last edited by Supaman771; 02-15-2013 at 01:21 AM..
Old 02-15-2013, 01:00 AM
Era Iphone PlayerRelation
DDynasty is on a distinguished road
.04 = .04, but also gabriel as PRA really? Give it to fidel, he is ACTIVE and you know deserves it.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:03 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDynasty View Post
.04 = .04, but also gabriel as PRA really? Give it to fidel, he is ACTIVE and you know deserves it.
=]...
Old 02-15-2013, 01:10 AM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
The fact that you just claim the current staff team is the most corrupt team EVER is just totally uncalled for. Just because we've made an item to have fun with, that doesn't affect ANYTHING is seemingly just vandalism towards the staff. Seriously, what affect does this have on you? Is it hurting Era.. ? I don't get it. -_-
Old 02-15-2013, 01:31 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I have not scripted in a few years so my memory is a bit foggy, but I don't believe Graal recognizes certain build in variables under 0.05? I cannot remember the exact behavior but I also believe that Graal does not round up as another person stated above. I would ask that a staff member look into that but I doubt that could be done objectively. Perhaps a qualified scripter that is more familiar with the systems could shed more light on the subject.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:47 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Also while I am participating in this topic: I find the behavior of the staff members who have posted thus far to be appalling. Just because you possess a volunteer position does not give you free reign over the server. To release something disruptive or distructive is wrong. There is always a level of professionalism required at any job, whether it is paid or not, especially if you're engaged with paying customers. If you cannot understand that then you probably should not hold a staff position.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:39 AM
Cool Guy 5000
MonkeyBob has a spectacular aura about
It rounds down, but it isn't 0. It's some weird ass number like .01 or something, because it still has freeze. I've tested this before.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBob View Post
It rounds down, but it isn't 0. It's some weird ass number like .01 or something, because it still has freeze. I've tested this before.
I can't remember either, but freezing the player is based on frames, so the shortest interval we can freeze is 0.05. Anything below doesn't feel like 0.05, though, but isn't 0 either.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Dictatin' since 2001
Fidel Castro is a jewel in the roughFidel Castro is a jewel in the rough
I'm not sure who created it, but it wasn't meant to stay like that. It's fixed.

EDIT: Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused any players. It won't happen again. Next time please forum PM me or PM me in game to take care of it. Would of been a lot easier with less drama.