Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 04:37 AM
Trak will become famous soon enough
Gun Update- Opinions

Since the gun update on Era, there has been a lot of outrage between players with regards to the new prices/their guns being taken from them and "compensated" with other, lesser guns.

I decided to create this thread so players can voice their opinions. I'm also curious myself as to what the Era players think of this new update.

Opinions?
Old 06-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I went through the list of my old inventory and matched it to things in my inventory now and nothing has changed.

Only opinion knowing this:
The report in the news section should've only told me what DID change. Since nothing did for me, it should've reported as such.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 06-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Only opinion knowing this:
The report in the news section should've only told me what DID change. Since nothing did for me, it should've reported as such.
Yeah, I *****ed about this the instant I looked at the news, as well as talked about it with the PR admin, unusual discussion to say the least.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:03 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
this server should just die.

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 06-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
is there an Excel file with all the new gun stats on it?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Trak will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
is there an Excel file with all the new gun stats on it?
I've been asking around, apparently not.

Can we not have some sort of file that we can compare gun stats old and new?
Old 06-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Guys... the guns below my newly exchanged P90 (From my beauty the Tar-21) must really SUCK if you are paying 600k for a 15dmg gun... Either that... or Wil still sucks at stats. Idk yet.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Erik
Lime_O_Matic is on a distinguished road
I don't think people were compensated fairly. Players were told not to make trades due to the upcoming update. How can they not complain?
Old 06-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
i think Wil is involved with this mess, it wouldn't surprise me
Old 06-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
i think Wil is involved with this mess, it wouldn't surprise me
You don't say.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Era since 2005
why is shipka so OP? it's far better than ACR which is worth more, wasn't this about balancing prices?
and why does DR use 2 bullets every shot and shipka only uses 1?
Old 06-24-2013, 08:11 PM
Dictatin' since 2001
Fidel Castro is a jewel in the roughFidel Castro is a jewel in the rough
I'll post a document of the new gun stats in the stickied thread later today. One thing that is going to be hard to realize is that just because you received a different gun, doesn't mean the value is less than it was before. Your perception is that it is, but when you look at it compared to the rest of the guns and how they've changed, the value is still near/exactly the same as it was before.

I do understand this is not being taken with open arms by the players, and it's something I'm going to discuss with a few other staff members and see if we can better explain this or sort it out / edit some of the changes. My hope and thought is that we will be able to satisfy a majority if you by changing up some things that you all are unhappy with.

Something like this has never been done on Era before, and maybe there was some oversight on our part with some of the changes (though I don't see them yet, personally). I will look into this and do the best I can to "right the ship" on some things that might not have been perceived so well.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:12 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
why is shipka so OP? it's far better than ACR which is worth more, wasn't this about balancing prices?
and why does DR use 2 bullets every shot and shipka only uses 1?
Stuff like that can and will be changed in the future. You can report the bugs/quirks like this through F11 or PM and staff online, they will leave a note to whoever has access to scripts.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Yeah cuz i want to know why a gun that used to be bare minimum tier 2, a low freeze low damage gun, that sold for around 50k, is now worth, witht the same aspect of states, up to 600k... it must mean that the guns under this price utterly suck.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:58 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel Castro View Post
I'll post a document of the new gun stats in the stickied thread later today. One thing that is going to be hard to realize is that just because you received a different gun, doesn't mean the value is less than it was before. Your perception is that it is, but when you look at it compared to the rest of the guns and how they've changed, the value is still near/exactly the same as it was before.
This would mean something if intrinsic value of a weapon was the same as extrinsic value, newsflash, it isn't. If a weapon was strong and valued and then exchanged for a weapon of similar stats, it won't mean that weapon is just as valuable if the previous weapon had better functionality. It's clear players see this differently, because you see it differently than they do doesn't make you right.

Quote:
I do understand this is not being taken with open arms by the players, and it's something I'm going to discuss with a few other staff members and see if we can better explain this or sort it out / edit some of the changes. My hope and thought is that we will be able to satisfy a majority if you by changing up some things that you all are unhappy with.
I repeat, because you view it was right, doesn't mean the player base you are catering to is going to see it as right.

Quote:
Something like this has never been done on Era before, and maybe there was some oversight on our part with some of the changes (though I don't see them yet, personally). I will look into this and do the best I can to "right the ship" on some things that might not have been perceived so well.
I'm pretty certain gun balancing has been done before, maybe not gun filtration, but balancing? Yes that has been done before.

I will say this right now: You do not have a stable economy, never have, at this rate, you never will.

Get players to test your changes before you put them out, we as developers are the worst to judge for this, developers that play the game do not have a fair say to this.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.