Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 02:29 AM
eagle4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this a pattern or are the staff being fools?

I'm going to make this short and simple by adding a simple time line:

1. SMGPK is buffed coincidentally after William was seen showing off the gun, saying things like "IT'S LIKE A SMGPK IT RULES". Before the buff, most of the Soul members were buying SMGPKs.

2. Next, William's gang gets a gun which does 25 damage is quite fast. This gun is considered to be almost as good as the BAR, a gun worth in the millions.

3. Finally, the worst atrocity in weapon balance history, the Katana is released as the gang weapon for William's SECOND gang. Any sensible person will know that the Katana is Era's most prized weapon, most recognized for the ability to discharge an area of effect stun blow; which can be delivered a sure-kill afterwards.

By the by, I'm not blaming Wil for this. There are TONS of people worse than him, this thread is about the staff.

Last edited by eagle4; 02-06-2009 at 02:53 AM..
Old 02-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
both
Old 02-06-2009, 02:34 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Sounds like Era is heading down the drain.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 02-06-2009, 02:37 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
People ***** about stuff they dont get. Thats all.

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:40 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I like how you are grouping the staff in general as incompetent people. The first and second incidents that you wrote were both of Meph's doing. This also happened when Sales/Mange were in charge. Also, whenever someone brought up the thing with the SMGPK up Meph said that it was a coincidence, and that SMGPK is supposed to be equal as a PPSH/MT as the SMGPK was a gang gun as well.

The third reason with the Katana was Masa's. I don't agree with the stun on the sword. I can't dodge the katana swings, so I just die in the duration of one sten and can't event defend myself.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
A silly juvenile (in other words for someone like you to understand: stupid), if there is someone killing everyone with a 100 damage weapon would anyone NOT complain?

The Katana is something like that, here is what happens when someone uses it against you:

1. Get stunned by their huge area of effect stun

2. Get sliced to death while you're defenseless

Understand now, everyone?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:46 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
I tried to look at it like that, but that's not the (entire) case.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:49 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
I was only around for the first one
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
there's always going to be some sort of bias on the staff team.
everybody thought this bias would end when Deo got manager but it seems to me nothing has changed.

keep in mind I'm just making these judgments based on what I'm reading, before everyone throws the "ur just bashing cuz ur bitter exstaff lolol"
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
I like how you are grouping the staff in general as incompetent people. The first and second incidents that you wrote were both of Meph's doing.
Don't be fooled by Meph's "ERA CRUSADER OF JUSTICE ATTITUDE" that was the Old Meph. How can it be a coincidence if Meph and Wil balanced it by themselves by sparring each other with the said guns? (Note: They actually do that) Even Meph's defenses were illogical (I'll say; they were elegant, but still not logical) Hell even WIL knows they're unbalanced (Whenever people PM him about the situation he just replies: NOT READING, BUSY KILLIN' PEOPLES)

Don't worry about Era anyways, because Spawn seems to be looking bright. Although Wil is Co-Manager there at least he hasn't made any instant-kill Katanas.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:51 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
wil has been helping meph since day 1 with balancing weapons when they started on era dev. it was expected that he would get inside information and use it to his advantage.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
there's always going to be some sort of bias on the staff team.
everybody thought this bias would end when Deo got manager but it seems to me nothing has changed.
That's true, but the bias back then barely broke the balance. AP7s? PP2ks? That's NOTHING to what we have now.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:38 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I don't know why everyone keeps putting out a false rumor that Era's staff love Wil Soul.

He is honestly the most annoying player on Era. He is on my ignore list.

As far as the Katana, it is ultimately down to Masa to figure out what needs to be done, unless a high admin decides to interfere. So far, they haven't. I don't like putting the blame on someone else, but it is his job to deal with this, and I haven't seen a lot of people going to him about this.

I'm sure if you can figure out a way to balance the Katana, he'd happily implement your plan. It is exceedingly hard to balance this kind of thing because the Katana and Shuriken are the only weapons Ninjas can use. Therefore, these weapons must equal gang guns.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:12 AM
Freudian_slip is an unknown quantity at this point
People sure like to ***** about Wil, damn.

I know little to nothing about the new balance on the katana because I haven't faught againest it, but whatever Chris aka Masa did to the katana, if you were willing to give him advice other than waht this retarded thread is giving "OMGZ WILZ GET EVERYTHINGZ, BUFF BUFF BUFF" then I'm sure he'd be willing to try it if you are reasonable. Chances are you won't be though because most people seem to be generally incapable of doing this, expecially when it comes to Wil. Most people want anything wil owns to be nerfed....be it a gang weapon or a gun ANYONE can get.

P.S.
The SmgPK had no reason to why it sucked so bad before it was buffed consdiering it was an ex gang weapon just like the BK/MF one. Wil owning one has nothing to do with anything, other than the fact he saw Meph, Masa, myself and a few leute's using it and probally wanted to show us up or something knowing him.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:40 AM
LAT
DKH89 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DKH89 Send a message via MSN to DKH89
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle4 View Post
Don't be fooled by Meph's "ERA CRUSADER OF JUSTICE ATTITUDE" that was the Old Meph. How can it be a coincidence if Meph and Wil balanced it by themselves by sparring each other with the said guns? (Note: They actually do that) Even Meph's defenses were illogical (I'll say; they were elegant, but still not logical) Hell even WIL knows they're unbalanced (Whenever people PM him about the situation he just replies: NOT READING, BUSY KILLIN' PEOPLES)

Don't worry about Era anyways, because Spawn seems to be looking bright. Although Wil is Co-Manager there at least he hasn't made any instant-kill Katanas.

if u havent noticed spawn is pretty much cosisted of staff that have been banned on era for hacking, cheating, blah blah

also take a good look at spawn, if u dont see the copy of era it is then lol at u. it event has a SR to through it over the top. Its era with a "future" theme..