Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Thumbs down This lag..

It's become unbearable. Is Stefan aware that it is still happening even after the server switch? Something needs to be done about this. Anyone have thoughts? This needs to be brought up and talked about until it is fixed.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:01 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Apparently its not just era, but also the iservers.
We are currently restarting the npcserver (that too seems to take longer then usual...)
Old 07-01-2013, 02:35 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Apparently its not just era, but also the iservers.
We are currently restarting the npcserver (that too seems to take longer then usual...)
Restarting it probably won't do much. It'd be like trying to reconnect to an already laggy queue. Reconnecting just adds to the problem.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 07-01-2013, 02:38 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
You should go to their office in 501 Silverside Road, Wilmington, Delaware and give David Manager hell.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:13 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Restarting it probably won't do much. It'd be like trying to reconnect to an already laggy queue. Reconnecting just adds to the problem.
If the problem is memory usage forcing the machine to swap, then restarting the NPC-server could easily fix that problem. I don't know what the nature of the current lag is, but the way servers are hosted literally anybody could bring down servers like Era and Zodiac simply by sucking up resources on their own private playerworld. If another server is using the resources, though, restarting your own NPC-server is unlikely to do much.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:24 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
The restart has helped, there must be some kind of bad memory leak somewhere. I am un-sure how to find such a thing on graal, though.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Just throw graal into the trashbin, atm no one is getting less then 170ms, no single player has double digit ms, Lol.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:47 PM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
It's not just Era, on UN players all have an average of 130-140 ms, including myself. There are a few players under 100 ms but not many that I've seen. Sadly enough, I've kind of gotten used to it.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:49 AM
GodlyAmbitions is an unknown quantity at this point
Era making us have so much high ping on zod everyone has 300-600 ping!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
era's lag is off the roof now
although the spar lag limit has gone up to 300ms, even americans have trouble starting spars at times

i'm sure this lag isn't great for business Stefan =/
Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
this lag is taking its toll on me she said goodbye about 40 seconds ago but i just now got the message
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:45 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
this lag is taking its toll on me she said goodbye about 40 seconds ago but i just now got the message
online dating is hard
Old 07-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Taste The Rainbow!
Colorful is on a distinguished road
It's not as laggy as usual, but it's better than it used to be.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
what?
Old 07-21-2013, 05:54 AM
GodlyAmbitions is an unknown quantity at this point
Colorful are you sure.. that week was the laggiest of them all.. and its still lagging sadly