Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
(( The Death of Roleplaying - The USDer. ))

People of Kingdoms, I come here writing this letter to grab your attention for what may become the end of our culture, our homes, and our planet. Shall we band together, create a wall of legit citizens, who have worked our bodies to the extreme in order to achieve an enjoyable life?

I am sick of it, people coming into my house, my trading area, and my peoples island claiming they rule it just by simply getting a "gift" from a retired or deceased citizen?

(( Lets bring roleplaying back to kingdoms, bring some flare into our kingdoms. Kingdom leaders utilize your powers within your kingdom to utilize what your kingdom has to offer. I for one noticed something I haven't seen in a long time someone with a "Farmer" tag actually doing a farmers job, making food for his kingdom members, and mining for his kingdom. ))

((What are some ideas you see in bringing roleplaying back to Graal Kingdoms? ))

(( I am sick of people claiming roleplaying as harassment, yet when I try to roleplay with them while fighting they just pk me non-stop for no reason. ))

Heres some ideas I have;

1.) Kingdoms should be morphed or create alliances, ie. Zormite and Forest to balance out the playercount of smaller nations and encourage the players in these smaller kingdoms to join into the roleplay.

2.) Kingdom leaders / state take charge of your members. If they do something wrong in your kingdom rules like PK an allied nation they shall be punished.

Any others?
Old 01-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
Roleplaying died years ago.
Graal Kingdoms has been dead for years now.

You guys need to stop clinging to the idea that GK sucks because of USDing and scamming and you need to stop thinking the game is just fine with a little roleplaying.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:37 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK View Post
(( Lets bring roleplaying back to kingdoms, bring some flare into our kingdoms. Kingdom leaders utilize your powers within your kingdom to utilize what your kingdom has to offer. I for one noticed something I haven't seen in a long time someone with a "Farmer" tag actually doing a farmers job, making food for his kingdom members, and mining for his kingdom. ))
Role playing is still very much a alive in CP i host RP events every few weeks and we try really hard to get the newer members into rping while on kingdom tag.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
It's hard to break CP members into RPing as no other kingdom does it. While we are having an RP boat battle, players from other kingdoms ruin it by boarding ships and going "brb".
Also, saying stuff like "wtf, my boat got glitched"

Old 01-03-2008, 03:39 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Needs more War.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:06 PM
jonnyrocks2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jonnyrocks2 Send a message via MSN to jonnyrocks2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Role playing is still very much a alive in CP i host RP events every few weeks and we try really hard to get the newer members into rping while on kingdom tag.
Yyup, I'm pondering on how to get it started in Zormite again. Personally, I miss the days of role playing on tag entirely.
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelfonne
Pfft. It takes a real man to play a girl...
Old 01-03-2008, 05:43 PM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson2005 View Post
Needs more War.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyrocks2 View Post
Yyup, I'm pondering on how to get it started in Zormite again.
Maybe try the old fashion way and don't add people to your RPing group (AKA Kingdom) unless they actually know how to RP?
Old 01-03-2008, 06:41 PM
jonnyrocks2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jonnyrocks2 Send a message via MSN to jonnyrocks2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
Maybe try the old fashion way and don't add people to your RPing group (AKA Kingdom) unless they actually know how to RP?
Teach them is another option?
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelfonne
Pfft. It takes a real man to play a girl...
Old 01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbosh View Post
It's true, I'm fed up of how dull some of the leaders are, If they get challenged to battle they probably won't accept (except Felix probably, if it's on sea, lol boats). This is why I want my own Kingdom so I can bring some fun and wars to GK.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyrocks2 View Post
Teach them is another option?
Teach them before letting them join, or let them join at a newbie rank while you're teaching them... these are both possibilities. It doesn't take too much effort to make sure they understand the basic principals of RPing right before adding them- "pretend it's real, IC is in-character, means you're RPing, OOC is out of character, means you're not RPing... and when it's okay to be IC and OOC..." All that can be done in a few minutes. The point is it's NOT being used as a standard anywhere- or at least it doesn't seem like it. People are joining kingdoms without even knowing what "RP" is- that should definitly not happen. The "let them join and teach them later" attitude is just lazy.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:56 PM
of House Targaryen
Give it up, RPing will not save it. The majority of the current demographic do not care about RP.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson2005 View Post
Give it up, RPing will not save it. The majority of the current demographic do not care about RP.
Give what up?

I'm just pointing out the contradiction of allowing people to join RP groups (and stay, get promoted, etc) when they don't even know what RP means, not to mention how to do it properly.

I never said RP would fix GK. It would sure fix the kingdoms a lot though.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:13 PM
of House Targaryen
I've tried to rp before...........felt like a right tit.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterNuke View Post
Roleplaying died years ago.
Graal Kingdoms has been dead for years now.

You guys need to stop clinging to the idea that GK sucks because of USDing and scamming and you need to stop thinking the game is just fine with a little roleplaying.
Fact.