Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 02:17 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Is it really that hard to type a members name in the search box?
Yes. Sometimes you can't remember their exact account name, which is probably why you're searching for them in the first place. Most people are known better by their nicks than by their accounts. eg. Crono/Gerami ^_^
Old 12-11-2006, 02:51 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
If one obviously does not remember the account name of a person why can't they simply look at a list?

Quote:
Obviously he doesn't want it to be for whatever reason.
He's a human, he can change his mind over time.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:21 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
I have to say that it would be nice to have it back. It is a serious pain to find people when you don't know their names exactly. I think we can handle it. Most 'spam' that happens here is fairly mature stuff that is deemed spam for other reasons. I just don't see alot of poop and pee jokes being thrown around here. Honestly, this is the most mature forum I have ever been a part of, and I've never truly understood why we're so mistrusted.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 12-11-2006, 04:49 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I also agree with bringing it back. I believe I saw somewhere once that it was removed because it was lagging down the server or something?

But really... this is a feature that is commonplace on nearly every internet forum. Don't see the big deal about having it enabled. You mention it would create spam... but really, it's getting people to post more often... Which is something this forum desperately needs. If you remember back a couple years ago this forum was very active and had hundreds of people actively posting each day... Now we have like 30-50 people actively posting each day...

Days go by with no new posts in the general discussion... I mean... what's with that?

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 12-11-2006, 05:37 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:

I am sure unixmad has good reason for it to be disabled.
2+2=5 logic.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:48 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
2+2=5 logic.
<3!!
(In a straight way)
Old 12-11-2006, 07:44 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias View Post
I also agree with bringing it back. I believe I saw somewhere once that it was removed because it was lagging down the server or something?

But really... this is a feature that is commonplace on nearly every internet forum. Don't see the big deal about having it enabled. You mention it would create spam... but really, it's getting people to post more often... Which is something this forum desperately needs. If you remember back a couple years ago this forum was very active and had hundreds of people actively posting each day... Now we have like 30-50 people actively posting each day...

Days go by with no new posts in the general discussion... I mean... what's with that?
Agreed 100%.

Oh, and I do remember once hearing that the members list was disabled because of lag, which is ridiculous, rofl.

But yeah, what is so wrong with people wanting to up their post count? As long as the subject material isn't against the rules (which would be fixed by the rules), then more posting = better.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I remember loriel and then saying it was a bad idea something about the tables blah blah... **** it man. Graal has like a few active posters compared to other communities, wonder why?

No cool features, not even the basic ones. Moderators are acting like this is some sort of professional job or something, like come on, ****ing relax.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
A car club which I am joined too has made more posts this year than the total of Graal forums. ....
Old 12-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Start treating the players with a little more respect here, we are all supporting the game here some how.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12 View Post
I remember loriel and then saying it was a bad idea something about the tables blah blah... **** it man. Graal has like a few active posters compared to other communities, wonder why?

No cool features, not even the basic ones. Moderators are acting like this is some sort of professional job or something, like come on, ****ing relax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12 View Post
Start treating the players with a little more respect here, we are all supporting the game here some how.
Talk about getting hit by he clue by four.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:36 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
The forums are an auxiliary service as addition to the game. You don't have pay for forum access, you have to pay to play the game.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
The forums are an auxiliary service as addition to the game. You don't have pay for forum access, you have to pay to play the game.
You need VIP/Gold to post constantly, it's a feature.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
*Psst* Not anymore.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:12 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
Nah, just a classic account. Trust me. (i thank unixmad for that everyday im my head xD)