Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Scripted-RC FileBrowser

since i lately been forced to use linux without RC ( i did get 64bit os by misstake when i downloaded it, and i dont feel like reinstalling )
i been using scripted-rc, and what brothers me alot in the scripted-rc yet, is that in the file browser doesn't have a search future, so i got to look after a file among 100000 other files, that's a pain. in External RC you could open the folder and type the name, now i gotta look for it by scrolling.

oh and, "edit by text" would be great, for fast editing of npcs in levels!

what do you think?
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 10-19-2009, 08:02 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I believe you can code these kind of things into your Scripted RC yourself.

Explore the GUI Objects like so.. (You can find a lot of neat things this way :3)

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {
  for (
temp.contGUIContainer.controls) echo(temp.cont.name);

Find the GUI Object name for the Filebrowser, and add a script event function to "hook" it. I.e: Object.onKeyDown()
Old 10-19-2009, 08:05 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
since i lately been forced to use linux without RC ( i did get 64bit os by misstake when i downloaded it, and i dont feel like reinstalling )
It wouldn't be very hard to download the 32bit version, format your partition and install it. I reformat my Linux partition almost every month because it only takes around an hour in total to backup all my files and set everything back up again.

Quote:
i been using scripted-rc, and what brothers me alot in the scripted-rc yet, is that in the file browser doesn't have a search future, so i got to look after a file among 100000 other files, that's a pain. in External RC you could open the folder and type the name, now i gotta look for it by scrolling.

oh and, "edit by text" would be great, for fast editing of npcs in levels!

what do you think?
I completely agree, especially with the internal text editor for the client rc because I also use Linux and I have to edit levels with the internal text editor within the external rc and it would be awesome if it were enabled for client rc.

On a side note after installing the Beta for Ubuntu 9.10 I swiftly switched back to 9.04 because the remote control wouldn't work on 9.10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I believe you can code these kind of things into your Scripted RC yourself.

Explore the GUI Objects like so.. (You can find a lot of neat things this way :3)

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {
  for (
temp.contGUIContainer.controls) echo(temp.cont.name);

Find the GUI Object name for the Filebrowser, and add a script event function to "hook" it. I.e: Object.onKeyDown()
Great but it isn't really an option for most people because they'd have to get NC access to implement it. I had the same response a few months ago when I asked for an option to disable the F6 key for opening the client rc.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Well Tig was working on a new scripted playerlist window, which included searching that was supposed to mimic the search feature in RC, I think... maybe he and Skyld can work and get that implemented into the scripted RC.

Also, what about an /open command that would open a file directly without having to search through the browser?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Deas
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
It wouldn't be very hard to download the 32bit version, format your partition and install it. I reformat my Linux partition almost every month because it only takes around an hour in total to backup all my files and set everything back up again.
well, i did reinstall to 9.04 BUT the website gave me the 64bit OS somehow, and i feel that if i am gonna use linux, i gotta stop reinstalling it every time X_x
but i am probably gonna remove it and reinstall it again anyway...
and i gotta get wubi 8.10 (yes i use wubi cus i only got 15-30 gb left on this HDD) cus
9.04 wont make a boot option, so i install that and upgrade from 8.10 to 9.04 in linux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
On a side note after installing the Beta for Ubuntu 9.10 I swiftly switched back to 9.04 because the remote control wouldn't work on 9.10.
did u figure out why it didn't work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Well Tig was working on a new scripted playerlist window, which included searching that was supposed to mimic the search feature in RC, I think... maybe he and Skyld can work and get that implemented into the scripted RC.
o?
then they should add a "warp to player" into the playerlist, cus it's so annoying havin to type the nickname or the account to warp to someone
Quote:
Also, what about an /open command that would open a file directly without having to search through the browser?
combined with my idea, sure, but solo as a command isn't a good idea in my opinion.
since 2003~
I Support~

Old 10-19-2009, 10:02 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
combined with my idea, sure, but solo as a command isn't a good idea in my opinion.
Why not? Most of the time you already know the filename of the file you are trying to find.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Deas
Quote:
Why not? Most of the time you already know the filename of the file you are trying to find.
true, but i think there should be an file editor and a search too.
since 2003~
I Support~

Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:

Yep, I actually planned to redo the entire file browsing system to mimic the file browser that's being used on my online level editor (which works a lot more like linux and windows file browser combined). This is all just future plans at this point... that darn time keeps slipping away no matter how hard I try to grasp it.

I can add a searching feature similar to the one I added to the new playerlist into the new file browser before I add it. Should be fairly easy.

Quote:
o?
then they should add a "warp to player" into the playerlist, cus it's so annoying havin to type the nickname or the account to warp to someone
I did, it's on the new playerlist.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 10-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Deas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I can add a searching feature similar to the one I added to the new playerlist into the new file browser before I add it. Should be fairly easy.
nice.
what about the "edit file as text"?
~and a /open command for the file (dustys idea)

Quote:
I did, it's on the new playerlist.
cool
since 2003~
I Support~

Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
nice.
what about the "edit file as text"?
~and a /open command for the file (dustys idea)

cool
Edit file as text would be simple to add, no problem there. Open command is not really because there is currently no functionality in GS2 to open a file with the default action in the operating system. So.. if you use Windows Picture Viewer to view PNGs, there is no way to trigger that with GS2 at this point. Could see if Stefan would add it.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Quote:
true, but i think there should be an file editor and a search too.
Well my idea wasn't in opposition of yours... just an elaboration/expansion of it.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Deas
Quote:
Edit file as text would be simple to add, no problem there. Open command is not really because there is currently no functionality in GS2 to open a file with the default action in the operating system. So.. if you use Windows Picture Viewer to view PNGs, there is no way to trigger that with GS2 at this point. Could see if Stefan would add it.
dur, i think u misunderstood the idea,
u chat something like "/openfile osl.nw" in the scripted-rc and a guiwindow comes up with the text that the level contains ( like if u opened the level with a text editor but in graal ) and u could edit and save it.

while we're at it, what's with the "trade" in the current playerlist?
i mean, if u want to trade grelat items u go to the shop, having "trade" in the playerlist only confuses the player on a server where u can trade stuffs (Era, GK ect)

Quote:
Well my idea wasn't in opposition of yours... just an elaboration/expansion of it.
oh okey
since 2003~
I Support~

Last edited by Deas_Voice; 10-19-2009 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: EDITED CUS I CAN!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:41 PM
The Cat
Quote:
dur, i think u misunderstood the idea,
u chat something like "/openfile osl.nw" in the scripted-rc and a guiwindow comes up with the text that the level contains ( like if u opened the level with a text editor but in graal ) and u could edit and save it.

while we're at it, what's with the "trade" in the current playerlist?
i mean, if u want to trade grelat items u go to the shop, having "trade" in the playerlist only confuses the player on a server where u can trade stuffs (Era, GK ect)

oh okey
Ah.. could add that too, shouldn't be hard.

Trade was used because it was expected that trading would be popular but no reason to discuss that... I can ask if it's ok to remove it.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Well, there should be an /open and /opentext -- two separate commands.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:39 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
did u figure out why it didn't work?
I haven't found a reason yet but hopefully it will be fixed when the stable version is released. I also found that a few other applications didn't work in Wine that may be affected by the same reason. I must say overall going for the beta operating system wasn't a very good idea on my part. When I had to installed I had to reformat and reinstall the operating system at least every two days because it kept breaking down.