Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 07:45 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Already working on something, I'll preview it once I get a working prototype running.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Wink

I may have jumped in late, but based on what I've read from everyone, era needs a reset.

Frankie hit the nail on the head in the previous "exclusive" feel of gangs, and Rogue's and other's reiteration of the ease of items, joining gangs, and etc. literally made apparent where era has gone wrong.

Where era has gone wrong is that everything is simply too easy to come by. There's no distinction between "elites" and "newbs" in any respect, especially gangs. There's no "Tachi" (newb gang) or Los Carteles (elite gang).

Everything is mixed and muddled together and this starts from the steady downturn in gangs and gang leadership over the past few years.

This was all caused by a myriad of issues such as being overly concerned with the economy (replacing money with extremely lame guns, lol.), lack of willing and potential gang leaders, crappy managers, etc.

Without writing a 5-page essay, the simple way to fix era and gangs is to reset and restore things to the way they were.

- Limit the number of guns on the server, you can maintain your .05 standards.

- Place EXTREME control on the availability of items, literally micromanage how items are released on the server and the balance of those items in relation to others. The more precisely this is done, the less to worry about afterwards.

- Each gang gets only ONE gun that is LOCATED in their base and must be purchased weekly by their gang points. This gun is updated to a higher tier as higher tier weapons become available (giving an incentive to being in gangs - free highest tier gun).

- Make extremely expensive the novelty items (any item that players waste their time with at unstick me).

- One hat per gang, a specific rank format, and quit releasing an abundance of hats in stores, you simply depreciate the value of hats as a whole.

- IMPORTANT: Be extremely selective as to who becomes a gang leader. In that select one person to formulate an ELITE gang, 1 to formulate a NEWB gang, and another two with expected average results (you know who'll do what based on who you choose, you don't really have to tell them lol).

- Provide the newb gang leader with a member limit of 45-50, the Elite Gang Leader with a member limit of 25-30, and the other two with 35-40 (I guess this lets the cat out of the bag).

In all, Mary had a little lamb who's sheet was white as snow and she treasured it, but when her Grand Uncle gave her 10,000 other Lambs with similar white coats, she couldn't care less about any one and used some as toilet paper.
Basically, the answer isn't more or newer, its less.
There is currently an abundance of everything on era when there used to be fewer everything.
Fewer guns, fewer rare guns, fewer money, fewer things to do, fewer people allowed in gangs, etc.

In all, even if this is ALL ignored, era simply needs its periodic RESET and this will, at least for now, cure everything until we get to this point again.
The rich players, all 6 of them, will whine and say they'll quit, but honestly, they won't. It's Tk, Godzilla, SM, and other kids who've spent a LOT of time on here and will not hesitate to do so again. If they don't, its - 6 and plus 60, we're good.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 AM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
everything on zone sucks exceprt iricia and nobody plays iricia anymore...
spar me on zone for all your stuff on era. ill use the same gun you would.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
what wil said also get rid of all events except maybe one tournament a month.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
spar me on zone for all your stuff on era. ill use the same gun you would.
Forget that, I'll spar Tk in real life.

Also, what Wil said.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
I'm honestly starting to curve on the idea of a reset now.

This game is mad boring, regardless of how rich I can become, the only attractive part for being rich would be the first to get that new gun via auction while staff keep shoveling out new "rare" weapons with no end in sight. Like Wil said, and i pretty much agree with everything he said anyways, it needs to feeling of distinction between gangs. At the moment, im just idling in the same gang for the past month while taking in those Gold Coins...

Because it doesn't matter, and clearly it doesn't, because unlike way back when, I'd get removed after one week of falling behind with the less amount of kills. This time, I sit around with 0 pts and 0 kills and 0 activity and i get the gold coins and a position in a gang.

Additionally: I want the staff to make a Beta Era, accessible through the little search engine on the playerworld selection screen, and it shall incorporate Wil's Idea, with the idea of leveling up to be able to use better guns, and the guns retain a cheap price, say $5,000 each gun, but you have to work hard to level up via PKing. This can keep a small economy, novelty items could be won through gang participation and achievements, the more challenging, the cooler the item. I REALLY want this to become a pick up and play kind of game. The main playerbase are getting older, they do not want to continue keeping and hoarding items, well, they might want to hoard, but that is completely useless to the future of era. You get people like TK and seth, who own a **** ton of stuff, but in the closing future, it will become useless to them, as life continues.

The timer on Era has been paused for the past 5yrs. Staff, you can not keep stalling on this and thinking what you are doing, that has been done being doing for the past thousand managers, hasn't worked, will not work, will never work.

Thx have good day.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:25 AM
a true gentlemen
Hey Willa, I like the idea and all; Stefan is the only person who can reset Era. It's not our decision.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Stay Frosty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Hey Willa, I like the idea and all; Stefan is the only person who can reset Era. It's not our decision.
You do not necessarily need to reset Era to get the ball dropped on a completely different idea for Era's Future. The idea of having a Beta Era with new ideas like the ones posted above, could possibly intrigue more players to keep it that way, and if majority rules, could completely change it.

Beta Era as in a different server but with the same gmap and all

like the playhouse era gmap that the cool staff get to hang... what do they call it... oh yeah, era dev.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:10 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Who's going to pay for this "beta Era" we sure know it's not going to appear for free.
Let alone get thrown on the Classic tab when there's already a perfectly good working clone.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Era+, custom subscriptions.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:07 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Yeah, I think that idea needs to be tested before jumping in though.

In either case, a sensible reset will treat a lot of the current symptoms that we are experiencing.
By treat, I mean it will rid us of them for at least three years; which considering the lack of physical development needed, sounds worth it.
Even so, if things are carefully micromanaged after this reset, this term can be drastically expanded.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 01-08-2013, 03:28 AM
Stay Frosty
Hey staff, i'll most def throw in a few dozen USD if you put in super cool guns in the gelat shop. wooho.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:55 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
Hey staff, i'll most def throw in a few dozen USD if you put in super cool guns in the gelat shop. wooho.
Gelat shop doesnt do anyone any good O-o
Old 01-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
Yeah..you're not earning us any money, it's going straight to people who don't bother to support us anyway.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:22 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Gelat shop doesnt do anyone any good O-o
WRONG! It does 1 person good.