Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > N-Pulse Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sephiroth View Post
I still stand by my point. One person can't be a team of "Global Development" in levels. It's unrealistic and stupid. With the amount of servers right now that could use a Global Levels Team, the fact that you're around right now doesn't help more than whatever one server you're helping. Cause in reality, if you're helping more than one server with levels, you're either working 24/7 on them or you're not devoting the effort required for the server to succeed.
So far no server has reached the GDT saying that they need to use our services.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
So far no server has reached the GDT saying that they need to use our services.
That's kinda beside the point. I'm not really talking about the demand for the GDT, I'm talking about the overall effectiveness that the current levels department would have, even if they were being contacted.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
I know a decent amount of great level designers, but I can't just force people to join the team. If they want to be part of it, they have to apply. I will never randomly choose people I know of.

Talking about the GDT, I keep hearing we are just a bunch of lazy developers and, even better, that I'm not doing my job as a leader. That is not true at all, we do discuss about a lot of things, and you have yet to see any work from us because:

-Some projects are not done completely
-We are not working 24/7
-I'm still waiting for someone to request our help
-Still waiting for some features to change too (gold disabled for the wiki for example)

Err, sorry but I had to say it. For anyone that happen to read this, stop thinking we are lazy, because we are here, right infront of you, always ready to help.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Babylon OG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
I know a decent amount of great level designers, but I can't just force people to join the team. If they want to be part of it, they have to apply. I will never randomly choose people I know of.

Talking about the GDT, I keep hearing we are just a bunch of lazy developers and, even better, that I'm not doing my job as a leader. That is not true at all, we do discuss about a lot of things, and you have yet to see any work from us because:

-Some projects are not done completely
-We are not working 24/7
-I'm still waiting for someone to request our help
-Still waiting for some features to change too (gold disabled for the wiki for example)

Err, sorry but I had to say it. For anyone that happen to read this, stop thinking we are lazy, because we are here, right infront of you, always ready to help.
*eye roll*

I don't know who this is directed at exactly, because you used a few words I did so it makes me think me, but on the other hand you're not addressing anything that I am.

I wasn't saying the team is a bunch of lazy developers, or that you're not running the team effectively or whatever you're trying to say. All I'm saying is that overall, if requested, the levels department of the GDT wouldn't be effectively put to use, whether it be because the designers you know don't want to join the team, or they have other comittments or whatever reason they have for not being on the team. The current team, as it is, wouldn't be effective.

Jesus.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Lord Sephiroth,
so far the levels department haven't been a problem while making our projects. It have rather been the scripts. It doesn't matter if we are two LATs or seven.
I don't know what we are arguing about, but I got offended when you called the level department:
Quote:
The GDT in terms of levels team is useless because they either aren't quality or aren't around..
I just don't like it when people talk about something that they basically have no clue about.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Babylon OG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
I just don't like it when people talk about something that they basically have no clue about.
And I get offended with self righteous *******s think they can talk down to me assuming that I have "no clue about" what I'm talking about. Just because I'm not on the team or know what your current projects are doesn't mean I don't have an opinion. I stay out of things I don't have any idea about, in this instance I think I've got a pretty good grasp.

Opinions vary. Deal with it.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Snugglykinzpop
Tones is on a distinguished road
poor npulse rebirth progress thread!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:27 PM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones View Post
poor npulse rebirth progress thread!
Totally

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 05-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Im loving this Vima vs. Lord Seph debate.

Vima is talking about numbers and Seph is talking about Efficiency.

I got money on Seph this will go well for him. Any takers?

But on a on topic note, Yeah we're in need of a ganiist or two whilist some scripting.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
And I get offended with self righteous *******s think they can talk down to me assuming that I have "no clue about" what I'm talking about. Just because I'm not on the team or know what your current projects are doesn't mean I don't have an opinion. I stay out of things I don't have any idea about, in this instance I think I've got a pretty good grasp.

Opinions vary. Deal with it.
If you have, like you say, a pretty good view on how it is in the GDT Team right now.Maybe you could give me some examples about previous situations that specificly the level department have done to show that they're not efficent enough, or efficent as the other departments in GDT.

Could you PM this to me, because this is not the right place to discuss about this.

Thanks!

- and I apologize to the thread starter that I interrupted the thread, I just had to do it since it was criticism directly towards me. -
Old 05-01-2010, 06:11 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Lets all stop being dramatic and stay on topic, please.

Also, the Gani App will be closed on our site for a bit because i am going to re-do it.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Yeah I'm with Matt if you guys want to keep arguing either take it to PMs or create your own thread because this is not the place for it.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:58 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I requested help for symphonia awhile ago, once to everyone, and then to individuals.

No GDT has helped yet, I was pretty much ignored.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:03 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I requested help for symphonia awhile ago, once to everyone, and then to individuals.

No GDT has helped yet, I was pretty much ignored.
Soala visited N-Pulse yesterday, and offered to make some images for us. I just gave him a list of GFX Team assignments because i was in a rush, but he got a decent amount done.

Keep in mind the PWA is in-charge of the GDT, so i suggest any complaints you have (or anyone else has), forward them to Soala first, then Bell and Tig if you're still having problems receiving help for your server.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Because WDM is active on Graal and Vima isn't too busy with Aeon right?
'Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all'; how's moderating the Level Design forum?