Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > N-Pulse Main Forum > N-Pulse News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Thats what I thought would happen, like in one of my posts above. Yet, Coreys said he didn't want to go down the same path because Maloria did the same thing.
My problem with that it is has nothing to do with its current situation. If the server is dead, and it's getting the treatment of a dead server, it shouldn't be there whether they're scared to let it go or not.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
My problem with that it is has nothing to do with its current situation. If the server is dead, and it's getting the treatment of a dead server, it shouldn't be there whether they're scared to let it go or not.
Thats something they are going to have to deal with. This is one of the oldest servers and I don't know if they want to finally take it down after its long great history. They would be the first generation to get rid of it. Who knows.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
That is all fine and dandy, but isn't it about time N-Pulse goes UC? You guys arent making any updates to the main server atm, leaving it dull as it is. (No, making updates to rebirth isnt the same thing). Classic and Delteria were removed for the very same predicament N-pulse is in right now.

It's pretty pathetic to go on and see useless effects being spammed, staff setting their tags to (Blowjobs), everyone chasing the manager of UN around when he logs on, and being told to leave when I complain of no updates to the main server.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
Wait, what? We're simply responding to you.
If I couldn't take criticism I wouldn't have created this thread.
You're fine. It's other people, such as my first posts in this thread being deleted, and this brilliant post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
Thanks for your delightful opinion, we will take note of it.. and end up throwing it away later on.
I love how the Rebirth team doesn't listen to players; only themselves. Very clever. Let's see how well it does.. if it ever sees a release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
That is all fine and dandy, but isn't it about time N-Pulse goes UC? You guys arent making any updates to the main server atm, leaving it dull as it is. (No, making updates to rebirth isnt the same thing). Classic and Delteria were removed for the very same predicament N-pulse is in right now.

It's pretty pathetic to go on and see useless effects being spammed, staff setting their tags to (Blowjobs), everyone chasing the manager of UN around when he logs on, and being told to leave when I complain of no updates to the main server.
I completely agree with this post.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:48 AM
That One Guy.
darkcloud667 will become famous soon enough
I fail to see how going UC helps servers to be honest.
Basically, going UC tells other people that you need help with development, BUT most of the developers don't want to pay for Graal that we all so know and love. Thus cutting out good developers, leaving the other developers who will multi for more than 2 servers. Typically, they have less time to devote to one server, leaving the servers looking for more staff.

You'd be surprised at the projects underway for the mainserver we have.
I know those who've waited for Rebirth have heard this all too much, but I must say it again.
PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

kthx.

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."
Old 02-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud667 View Post
Basically, going UC tells other people that you need help with development, BUT most of the developers don't want to pay for Graal that we all so know and love. Thus cutting out good developers, leaving the other developers who will multi for more than 2 servers. Typically, they have less time to devote to one server, leaving the servers looking for more staff.

I know those who've waited for Rebirth have heard this all too much, but I must say it again.
PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

kthx.
N-Pulse is taking up a slot on Classic. It doesn't deserve it. Classic and Delteria had the same ordeal.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud667 View Post

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

kthx.
Going UC has nothing to do with helping servers. Classic servers need to justify their slot, and a dead server isn't doing that. If they don't care about maintaining their position then they shouldn't have it.

If Rebirth is good, it should have no problem regaining a Classic slot when it's done.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:34 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
I want to be clear about this to everyone. We are making updates to the main server, and we will continue to do so as often as possible. All staff, including dev staff, will be encouraged to be active in some part on the main server.

Quote:
I try to keep the "effects being spammed" down when I see them. The (Blowjobs) thing was taken care of (it was a one time thing). I never see anyone chasing the Manager around, but I do know that if you wouldn't piss and moan and be rude about the server every time you logged on you would not be told to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
I love how the Rebirth team doesn't listen to players; only themselves. Very clever. Let's see how well it does.. if it ever sees a release.
Imperialistic is not a staff member of N-Pulse and I'd like to keep it that way.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 02-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
This thread has been closed due to the fact it has moved from being about our new rebirth plan to a remove N-Pulse thread. If you have anything to comment on the Rebirth plan feel free to do so on our forums.

http://www.npulse-graal.com
Closed Thread