Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > N-Pulse Main Forum > N-Pulse News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 07:13 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
That's... a lot..... Sounds more like you guys are litteraly starting over?
Sort of...we started with a clean slate, idea-wise, but with a general idea of what we wanted. But as far as content go, we are keeping everything we already had other than scripts.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 02-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
What about regular N-Pulse? Are you going to neglect that for this new project? It seems to be the case, and if history tells us anything, the same thing happened to, Delteria, Classic, Maloria, and I am sure others as well. So, anything to keep players happy right now?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:04 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
What about regular N-Pulse? Are you going to neglect that for this new project? It seems to be the case, and if history tells us anything, the same thing happened to, Delteria, Classic, Maloria, and I am sure others as well. So, anything to keep players happy right now?
How many times are people going to ask that question?

NO, NO, AND NO, the main server will most likely be main focus, as Rebirth is just a development in progress.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Er, we actually -are- focusing on Rebirth, as a whole, but we have staff whose entire job it is to work on the main server, and other staff who will help when not working on Rebirth.

Being a former Manager of Maloria I have no aim to go that route, I've seen first-hand what happens.

Quote:
Old 02-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Ignorance has no future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
How many times are people going to ask that question?

NO, NO, AND NO, the main server will most likely be main focus, as Rebirth is just a development in progress.
That's obviously NOT the case lol. Since, there are rarely any updates. EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
Er, we actually -are- focusing on Rebirth, as a whole, but we have staff whose entire job it is to work on the main server, and other staff who will help when not working on Rebirth.

Being a former Manager of Maloria I have no aim to go that route, I've seen first-hand what happens.
Okay, but it just seems that the server is being neglected for a new project. Yet, I understand that because you want to have "your project" released. I am just saying, I know it will take longer, but you don't want to kill your old server while your making a new one.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Ex. N-Pulse Manager
dubby230 is on a distinguished road
The old server is already pretty much dead already. N-Pulse doesn't have enough developers right now to work on both the main server and Rebirth. Plus, there are ALOT of problems with the current main server due to lack of upkeep from past Management throughout the years. Its either waste time fixing the WHOLE main server, or try and release Rebirth asap while still releasing new smaller projects on the main server to keep the players entertained until Rebirth is completed.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:08 AM
It's not really anything to do with "wanting to release our project" it's more that it's not realistic to try and work with the main server. And we could bring many more players in releasing Rebirth than trying to improve the things everyone has already seen.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2010, 03:08 AM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubby230 View Post
N-Pulse doesn't have enough developers right now
Are you aware that N-Pulse has the highest staff count of any other server (Which is saying a lot, as Era has 100+ players and a very small development team), and the staff-to-player ratio is around 80%? There's a ridiculous amount of ET's and GP's and FAQ's and "Operations" members than the playercount calls for. I've seen the server reach 30+ players in the recent past, but was disappointed to see 75% was RCs and staff members that are either off or on tag.

Not to mention the glitches. Setting your tag on sets your AP to 100. Taking it off doesn't bring your AP down, in most cases. It's annoying to see 75% of the server running around as saints. Also, by merely using some magical stupidity someone left in a typing minigame, I was able to glitch over 200 ECs in around 20 minutes.

All in all, things have to happen. Staff cuts, hiring real development staff, bug fixing, making the server presentable, and actually having work be done by development staff.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
Are you aware that N-Pulse has the highest staff count of any other server (Which is saying a lot, as Era has 100+ players and a very small development team), and the staff-to-player ratio is around 80%? There's a ridiculous amount of ET's and GP's and FAQ's and "Operations" members than the playercount calls for. I've seen the server reach 30+ players in the recent past, but was disappointed to see 75% was RCs and staff members that are either off or on tag.
I think you're a little behind the times
There's 3 ET's including the Chief, 4 PRs, and no "Operations" members (that was Changs dumb little thing).

There are three NATs (one I -just- hired), a few graphics members, and a few LATs. Most of the time our developmental staff do not stay active for very long, I am one of the few in the past few months that has continued to be active.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Quote:
Also, by merely using some magical stupidity someone left in a typing minigame, I was able to glitch over 200 ECs in around 20 minutes.
That glitch was fixed no more than 5 minutes after it was found.

About 5 months ago.

So, if you want to nitpick about glitches in the past, be my guest.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys
I think you're a little behind the times
There's 3 ET's including the Chief, 4 PRs, and no "Operations" members (that was Changs dumb little thing).

There are three NATs (one I -just- hired), a few graphics members, and a few LATs. Most of the time our developmental staff do not stay active for very long, I am one of the few in the past few months that has continued to be active.
Yep, I'm behind the times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
That glitch was fixed no more than 5 minutes after it was found.

About 5 months ago.

So, if you want to nitpick about glitches in the past, be my guest.
The glitch was never fixed, you simply removed the prize for the minigame entirely because you were too lazy and/or weren't capable of fixing it, and then removed the minigame altogether a few weeks later. And my EC's were never removed. And I was the one who reported the glitch.

You guys can't take criticism without crying, either.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Ignorance has no future
Quote:
Yep, I'm behind the times.

The glitch was never fixed, you simply removed the prize for the minigame entirely because you were too lazy and/or weren't capable of fixing it, and then removed the minigame altogether a few weeks later. And my EC's were never removed. And I was the one who reported the glitch.

Well I think they are capable of fixing such things, but I guess they are focusing more on the future instead of what is happening right now, or even the things past. However, although that is acceptable, to maintain a server, a really good server, you have to be able to deal with the current server you have and not forgetting about it, while simotaniously building a new server.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Wait, what? We're simply responding to you.
If I couldn't take criticism I wouldn't have created this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Well I think they are capable of fixing such things, but I guess they are focusing more on the future instead of what is happening right now, or even the things past. However, although that is acceptable, to maintain a server, a really good server, you have to be able to deal with the current server you have and not forgetting about it, while simotaniously building a new server.
We will keep that in mind, thank you. Originally, when Kay resigned, me and Slik talked seriously about abandoning Rebirth. We were considering it for several reasons, that being one of them, but ultimately this is the most viable choice. There's not much left we can do with the main server as it is. The amount of work it would take to fix it up and do any real work on it to make it better would be about as much to create Rebirth as we've planned it so it would make much more sense to create something new and fresh than putting some polish on a broken, old world.

Most of our projects for the main server will coincide with Rebirth, however, showing off the tileset and things like that, and will eventually be used on Rebirth as well. We have a couple of those (fairly large projects, actually, that have been in development for a little while now), and hopefully will get more events and things of that nature.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
If N-Pulse's current server is getting step-child treatment to N-Pulse Reborn, maybe it should be taken off the serverlist like Delteria.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Ignorance has no future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
If N-Pulse's current server is getting step-child treatment to N-Pulse Reborn, maybe it should be taken off the serverlist like Delteria.
Thats what I thought would happen, like in one of my posts above. Yet, Coreys said he didn't want to go down the same path because Maloria did the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post

We will keep that in mind, thank you. Originally, when Kay resigned, me and Slik talked seriously about abandoning Rebirth. We were considering it for several reasons, that being one of them, but ultimately this is the most viable choice. There's not much left we can do with the main server as it is. The amount of work it would take to fix it up and do any real work on it to make it better would be about as much to create Rebirth as we've planned it so it would make much more sense to create something new and fresh than putting some polish on a broken, old world.

Most of our projects for the main server will coincide with Rebirth, however, showing off the tileset and things like that, and will eventually be used on Rebirth as well. We have a couple of those (fairly large projects, actually, that have been in development for a little while now), and hopefully will get more events and things of that nature.
Ya its all good, I understand you can't really add to the current server, I just want to point out the difference from Rebirth and N-Pulse as we know it. N-Pulse is in the here and the now. It's classic and people can play it. Rebirth is unplayable, its not here. Hint: Live in the moment, or plan for the future. Yet, don't do both. I support taking down the server that we have now to get Rebirth out faster.